Ross Rojek arrested for fraud (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 1:56 pm

Kenny, I edited those posts because I interpreted, perhaps incorrectly, that the poll was removed. All I know is I did not consciously remove the poll.

I deleted my own posts after that. No moderator did. I do think my poll may have been removed as part of the effort to distance from me. Or I could have erroneously removed it.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » May 5th 2004, 1:56 pm

pgh kenny wrote:However, when it comes to the difference between sending an asset like 2000 lunchboxes to the trash or alternatively trying to preserve that asset, why are posts being deleted and stuffed under the carpet?
Jason deleted his own posts. Sorry for not being clear on that.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 5th 2004, 2:00 pm

Jason R wrote:I deleted my own posts after that. No moderator did. I do think my poll may have been removed as part of the effort to distance from me. Or I could have erroneously removed it.
I was the only mod on at the time and I don't think there was anyone else hidden besides you. I know for a fact that I didn't delete the poll. THe only other one on at the time would be you since you can edit your own posts.

And for anyone wondering what the hell we are talking about the thread in question has been dumped since Jason changed all his posts to "DELETED" and it had no substance left in it.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 2:02 pm

I did not go back to any older posts to edit them and this is evident from the site's ability to track edits. I did edit things after I posted them if I thought I could have stated things better. Not to change things after the fact. I did delete the entire contents of the poll thread.

I'm not trying to spin anything or defend myself. I simply thought I was going to intervene to try to help, but it is going to be much more complicated than I realized, and I have decided to leave the responsibility on AU. I can't figure out a way to find out who actually received these items and can't take that responsibility on for myself.

I'm not spinning anything. I blame myself for introducing AU.com into this mess two years ago. That's all.
GaryEA wrote:
Pin the blame for what? For not acting now? No, it is nobody's fault. It's not mine and it's not MSCL.com's fault.
I see. You're in spin control mode now.

It's the moderator's fault for not warning you about legal danger, for mysteriously killing your poll when we didn't, for preventing you from helping the fans (Ross' pone number), for noticing when you edit posts after the fact, and for trying to keep you all of this spinning out of control when you're in self-defense mode.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » May 5th 2004, 2:04 pm

okay, sorry about that. I removed my original post since I misinterpreted what had happened and can't even hope to sort it out.
GaryEA wrote:
pgh kenny wrote:However, when it comes to the difference between sending an asset like 2000 lunchboxes to the trash or alternatively trying to preserve that asset, why are posts being deleted and stuffed under the carpet?
Jason deleted his own posts. Sorry for not being clear on that.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 5th 2004, 2:08 pm

Jason R wrote:I did not go back to any older posts to edit them and this is evident from the site's ability to track edits. I did edit things after I posted them if I thought I could have stated things better. Not to change things after the fact. I did delete the entire contents of the poll thread.
So you are saying that what is this:
deleted (honestly, better said in the next post)

Last edited by Jason R on Mon May 03, 2004 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wasn't formerly a rant about how MSCL.com is against you and a demand for your account to be deleted?

Where in the next post that "says it better" didn't include any of that.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 2:09 pm

I deleted my posts because the poll disappeared. I may have inadvertently removed the poll. I overreacted because I thought I was being censored. I'm sorry. I've been stressing over how to handle this. I don't want to walk away from it, but at the same time it's a lot easier.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 2:10 pm

I was asked by one of the people who informed me to delete it. I did as I was asked because I didn't want to get the person into trouble for speaking to me.
fnordboy wrote:
Jason R wrote:I did not go back to any older posts to edit them and this is evident from the site's ability to track edits. I did edit things after I posted them if I thought I could have stated things better. Not to change things after the fact. I did delete the entire contents of the poll thread.
So you are saying that what is this:
deleted (honestly, better said in the next post)

Last edited by Jason R on Mon May 03, 2004 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wasn't formerly a rant about how MSCL.com is against you and a demand for your account to be deleted?

Where in the next post that "says it better" didn't include any of that.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 5th 2004, 2:13 pm

Ok, so
I did not go back to any older posts to edit them
was a lie. Thanks. I needed to clear that up.

And whomever your "source" is, isn't being truthful with you since no mods (out of the ones I have talked to) were involved in any discussion about your dealings with the lunchboxes/bonus discs.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » May 5th 2004, 2:16 pm

Jason R wrote:I deleted my posts because the poll disappeared. I may have inadvertently removed the poll. I overreacted because I thought I was being censored. I'm sorry. I've been stressing over how to handle this. I don't want to walk away from it, but at the same time it's a lot easier.
Then my honest suggestion is to consult with your attorney(s), the owners of this site, and any other parties involved, and make an informed decision, and stick with it.

I can tell you're stessing over this, it's incredibly evident. But I know you'll sleep a lot better if you stick with whatever decision you make. You're between a rock and hard place, you've been screwed, and I can sympathize. Really.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 2:18 pm

We've argued before and I'd rather spend time trying to figure out if I should do anything. I did admit to deleting all my own posts in that thread, so I don't believe I was lying. Things were said better if I didn't give away who told me.

All I really care about is one thing right now. If I try to get these lunchboxes and DVDs picked up, is MSCL.com planning to sue me? It would just be better to go into it with the knowledge that people aren't hoping to see me fail.

I'm not trying to spin, I'm not trying to argue and I am not trying to escalate things.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 5th 2004, 2:24 pm

Jason R wrote:We've argued before and I'd rather spend time trying to figure out if I should do anything. I did admit to deleting all my own posts in that thread, so I don't believe I was lying. Things were said better if I didn't give away who told me.

All I really care about is one thing right now. If I try to get these lunchboxes and DVDs picked up, is MSCL.com planning to sue me? It would just be better to go into it with the knowledge that people aren't hoping to see me fail.

I'm not trying to spin, I'm not trying to argue and I am not trying to escalate things.
No one is asking for you to give up who told you whatever. And that deleted post isn't your vanishing poll thread, that is in the unshipped merchandise thread.

This is the first I heard of anyone trying to sue anybody, and frankly I wouldn't even see how that could be possible. Nobody is hoping to see you fail, why would they? It makes absolutely no sense for anyone here to want to see you fail. I think what everybody wants is to see everyone who is owed a lunchbox and disc to receive that. Your getting involved in the matter may or may not be the best move though (for you). I would check with council and get any permission in writing from the feds.

There are plenty of people on this board that would feel more comfortable with you involved in the process of shipping these things out, but if you can't be, you can't be.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 2:29 pm

Let me pose a few questions:

1) If I obtain a letter from the FBI Sacramento office on their letterhead stating that this merchandise is not evidence and granting permission to act in the best interest of customers, would the site be willing to post it or link to my site where I post it?

2) If I need to reach customers, would the site allow me to post something under news while not endorsing what I was saying.

3) And finally, do you think that it is possible to put the onus on the person making a claim to certify that they did not receive their merchandise.

4) Can anyone suggest payment methods where I don't have to handle any of the shipping funds. The fulfillment center does have a paypal account.

5) Would anyone in the Sacramento area be willing to check out the fulfillment company before I would authorize the movement of the merchandise.

Again, I'm not trying to spin and I'm not trying to shift blame. I honestly don't think this is my responsibility. I do feel the desire to do something to achieve some sort of resolution.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » May 5th 2004, 2:43 pm

While I'm sure many of us could provide possibilities in regards to the questions you pose, I think the final answers to some of your questions would come from your legal council, and in some cases, the MSCL team.

Added and edited: In regards to Paypal, IF your lawyers saw no problems, you could set up a separate account, but that would attach your name to it.

(This is my take on it, not the site's, based on what concerns you've articulated in previous posts)
Jason R wrote:Let me pose a few questions:

1) If I obtain a letter from the FBI Sacramento office on their letterhead stating that this merchandise is not evidence and granting permission to act in the best interest of customers, would the site be willing to post it or link to my site where I post it?

2) If I need to reach customers, would the site allow me to post something under news while not endorsing what I was saying.

3) And finally, do you think that it is possible to put the onus on the person making a claim to certify that they did not receive their merchandise.

4) Can anyone suggest payment methods where I don't have to handle any of the shipping funds. The fulfillment center does have a paypal account.

5) Would anyone in the Sacramento area be willing to check out the fulfillment company before I would authorize the movement of the merchandise.

Again, I'm not trying to spin and I'm not trying to shift blame. I honestly don't think this is my responsibility. I do feel the desire to do something to achieve some sort of resolution.
Last edited by GaryEA on May 5th 2004, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 2:46 pm

I deleted it quickly. You are right, it was in the other thread. The reason I removed it was the same as I stated before.

When I found out that the merchandise was there, I was both extremely pissed off and kind of happy that it hadn't already been sold for scrap.

The more I got into things, it just opened a lot of old wounds, both for me and for other people here, I'm sure. This MSCL DVD should have been an incredible success story and turned into an albatross. It shipped 100,000 units (per BMG) but for me and the members of this site it was a pure nightmare.
fnordboy wrote: No one is asking for you to give up who told you whatever. And that deleted post isn't your vanishing poll thread, that is in the unshipped merchandise thread.