Ross Rojek arrested for fraud (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2004, 11:56 pm

If we do go the fulfillment route, i am willing to have 100-200 shipped to my cramped office (full of DVDs) and people in NY can pick them up without having to pay s&h.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » May 6th 2004, 3:27 pm

Justin, just out of curiosity, what are the counts of:

number of boxes/dvd at warehouse?
number ordered?
number cancelled?
number received bonus disk/lunchbox?
number refused shipment?

sadly (or thankfully depending on how I look at it), i am one of those who cancelled :( and almost got all my money back (minus $25)

thanks for trying to make things right. i once worked for a company that went chapter 7 bankrupt so i know it's no fun trying to clean up the mess on your way out.
Justin at AU wrote:Thank You Kenny.

Well it was much easier than i expected, just dropped the files in access and ran a query. I now have a list of everyone who ordered the set and who has received their bonus disks, and if they cancelled, and if they refused shipment of the bonus disk and lunch box, which did happen a few times I guess from a couple boxes I found around the warehous ethat said return to sender and had the bonus and lunchbox inside.

Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » May 6th 2004, 5:36 pm

what is see is almost 5000 ordered but a great deal cancelled. I also see a listing in the notes field for what looks like everyone who has received a doublecharge credit.

I just dont have total numbers on everything.

I am getting very very very burned out with all of Ross's mess. Not the dvds but everything that is coming down and just the volume of work required before monday morning. I was thinking the landlord may give me more time, but he already has the place rented and the new tenants are moving in on Thursday of next week.

I still havent heard back from the FBI on any fax or anything. Hoping to hear something soon.

I havent even made a small dent with all the work i have been doing at the warehouse. The place is just a huge mess. Did manage to scape together 5 pallets of toys for Toys 4 Tots. A nice anonymous donation from a dying company.

Justin

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 6th 2004, 6:08 pm

Justin at AU wrote:Did manage to scape together 5 pallets of toys for Toys 4 Tots. A nice anonymous donation from a dying company.
Nice Work. :go:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 6th 2004, 6:49 pm

Justin, no fax and no call back here either.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » May 6th 2004, 8:22 pm

I can see from this thread that I (and others in my predicament) are going to be screwed again. I cancelled my order but never received a refund. The lists Justin is compiling will probably show where I cancelled but have no record of whether or not I actualy received a refund. I am owed either $118 or a complete set, and from what I'm hearing, it sounds like I won't get either.

Justin, very few people got refunds. You should assume nobody did and compile your lists accordingly.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 6th 2004, 8:48 pm

Phelix, I'll do my best to try to address your concern. I hope that the records are accurate, but I don't have any reason for optimism.

As far as I'm concerned if there was no refund, you should get what you paid for. Can't ship the DVDs, as there are none left, but can try to mitigate damages as best as possible.

Josh and I are going to take our conversation offline until we figure out a way to grapple with this. FBI already said they cannot give a fax, that this property is still AU.com's and Ross is still the CEO. We are going to try to get a letter authorizing the release of these materials to a third party fulfillment company -- http://www.jetxpressmail.com .

If we can get that and give it to the fulfillment company, which is down the road from AU, we can move forward.

phelix wrote:I can see from this thread that I (and others in my predicament) are going to be screwed again. I cancelled my order but never received a refund. The lists Justin is compiling will probably show where I cancelled but have no record of whether or not I actualy received a refund. I am owed either $118 or a complete set, and from what I'm hearing, it sounds like I won't get either.

Justin, very few people got refunds. You should assume nobody did and compile your lists accordingly.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 8th 2004, 5:07 am

FYI - the latest info on the bonus materials (originally posted in the MSCL DVD forum):
Jason R wrote:Just a quick update.

I received a letter from American Entertainment Group, the parent company of AU.com authorizing me to have the lunchboxes and DVDs moved and agreeing to hold me and my agents harmless. Also stating that these items belong to the people who paid for them and that AU had no claim to them. It also stated that these materials are not evidence in criminal proceedings against Ross Rojek.

Asked the FBI for something in writing, but the best they could give me was their word. The word of the FBI is good enough for me.

At about 4 PM EST, Jetxpressmail, a fulfillment company brought their forklift and truck to the AU warehouse and picked up the bonus items.

At about 4 PM EST, I also received a complete list of those who ordered these materials and who (supposedly) received bonus materials. It will never be possible to find everyone with spam filters and changed email addressed, but I will do the best I can, and try to leave enough time for people to claim their items.

For approximately $8 US, those the USA will be able to pay for S&H to receive their bonus items. (this is for a 1 lb 13 oz package). The markup by Jetexpress is approximately $2, and includes picking the items up from AU, storage at Jetexpres, and pick, pack and ship.

Could have saved some $ by using volunteers, but I believe that this will be a much more efficient way to go. After so much dicking around by Ross and AU, I don't want to add to the torture.

The cost to international customers who are owed these items will be the cost to your country plus the same markup. We are only starting with US because it is easiest to ship items when they are all very close in price --being identical items, that's the case here.

One more thing, I originally considered that if there are unclaimed bonus items, I might try to couple them with DVD sets to hold a fundraiser to partially reimburse people who were ripped off by AU (or who paid s&h for these bonus items). As of now, I am leaning against this idea. While I want to get these items to the people who made them possible, I don't want to get myself into the habit of letting Ross Rojek off the hook for his financial debts.

Anyway, I will have more information next week.

I will be leaving this message forum to post on new forum dedicated to getting bonus materials to people. The address is http://www.anotheruniversesucks.org/forum and it will be up sometime this weekend.

If this issue affects you, I look forward to seeing you there.

Jason
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?