Contact details for Ross?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
aitchjv
Tino

Contact details for Ross?

Post by aitchjv » Oct 21st 2003, 6:03 am

I would like to contact Ross but all the details i can find seem to be " old" now, either that or he is not answering my calls, e-mails and letters.

Can anyone give me the up to date details?

Cheers,
Helen

PS. I live in the UK and still haven't got my bonus stuff (not much of a bonus 2 years on!)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 9:06 am

His old email address was ross@comicshop.net

(note to overzealous moderators: this email has been posted here ad infinitum, so please cut me a break, I'm trying to help people close this out).

However, I recommend CCing me on the email at rosenfeld@drygrass.com. I'm compiliing a list of those still waiting. I hope that there will be strength in numbers and that AU can't just sweep them under the rug.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2003, 12:28 pm

Jason R wrote:(note to overzealous moderators: this email has been posted here ad infinitum, so please cut me a break, I'm trying to help people close this out).
You think deleting posts with someone's personal cellphone number is overzealous :roll: Jason this has got to stop. I would have PMed you but since you obviously want to keep taking digs at the moderators here publicly then it will be cleared publicly. If you can't see how posting a personal number is wrong and how it could get this site in trouble than I don't know what else to tell you.

Nobody is trying to stop you from helping people. You have done a lot to help many others and myself included over the past year+. And for that everyone is thankful, hell this DVD set wouldn't have happened without you. That said, we still have to look over the interests of this site and posting the info you did prior to this has the possibility of putting this site's future in jeopardy.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 3:22 pm

Whatever you say.

There is a big difference between posting a business cell phone number and posting a personal phone number. I think that the move was unfounded, but I didn't contest it when they were removed. Of all numbers, a cell number is the one that is hardest to link geographically to a person.

Where do you draw the line? What if I were to post Comix and Comics' phone numbers? (I don't post them because the comic employees are unlikely to be able to help).

What irks me is that, after all of this, a lot of people will not be receiving what they ordered. It's not your fault, and it is not mine. They most likely moved in the last 2 years since they placed an order. They have valid needs for contact information. They are dealing with a company that, in most cases, doesn't respond to emails.

And my offer still stands for anyone who needs contact info.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 21st 2003, 3:27 pm

Jason -
Did you get my email? (From hollismarie27@yahoo.ca)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 4:40 pm

Yes, I received it.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Oct 21st 2003, 5:06 pm

Jason, are you distributing the phone number in question via e-mail or PM?

Gary

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 5:36 pm

Geesh. What kind of question is that? :shock:

I happen to not be sharing it because I keep my word. I am sharing email addresses that they can use to contact him. It is all business information and it does not involve phone numbers or physical addresses. And, in most cases, I'm merely compiling a list and forwarding it myself.

However, if I was giving a phone number (and if I was a liar) I could tell you that I wasn't -- even if I was.

I suppose that you need to determine whether you can trust me, and if not, take the appropriate steps.

Also, prior to my promise not to help people out with contact numbers I did give his phone number to a large number of people, including the folks at NBC. His number was not given so that people could make prank phone calls, but rather to speak with the head of a company that had their money. Same reason I post my phone information. Not to receive pranks, but to help people (or attempt to help).

As you know, many companies have at least one reliable way to contact them.

***I just want to clarify that I am not trying to argue with the moderators here and I will not respond further, lest this escalates into a flame exchange.

We are essentially on the same side here. You want your stuff and I want you to receive your stuff so I can close the book on AU. Even if I was giving information out and not admitting it here, you are not responsible for my actions off the board.

That said, it's a moot point because I said I was not giving anything other than email info. Would some people love to yell and scream at Ross? Quite possibly. However, most of the people here have proven to be much more polite than I would have been under the circumstances.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Oct 21st 2003, 6:09 pm

Jason R wrote:Geesh. What kind of question is that? :shock:
A pretty straight forward one.
I happen to not be sharing it because I keep my word. I am sharing email addresses that they can use to contact him. It is all business information and it does not involve phone numbers or physical addresses. And, in most cases, I'm merely compiling a list and forwarding it myself.
Speaking for myself, you can quit pontificating. It's not going to work with me.

As of late, you've been quick to not only try to find loopholes in the rules the forum is asking from all members ro follow, but have responded with childish jabs at the mods, reediting post mods have changed, and replied in ALL CAPITALS ABOUT HOW YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR TWO YEARS... and so on... blah, blah.

Why don't you say how you really feel?

Either follow forum guidelines or **edit** compile the list and forward it to AU. You yourself have said, repeatedly, in the past that posting ANY of Ross' numbers is counterproductive. He checks his calls and responds to few. That you would give the number to a mod, but you wouldn't make the call yourself.

Late last year, Howard applauded Martin-Pierre fot not posting the number. Why? Because of the potential legal jam. It could've put MP and this site in trouble. Still can. I agree with that, and as much as I'd like to see everyone get what is owed to them, posting somebody's cell phone that is not readily available on the commercial site the cell is used for is DANGEROUS FOR MSCL.COM.

So if you have the number, call Ross and ask him if there are ANY contacts numbers or new e-addresses customers can use. Or compile the list, which I think is a more sound solution. That way, it's fair game, and he might be more receptive to that than a hundred call from out of the blue.
However, if I was giving a phone number (and if I was a liar) I could tell you that I wasn't -- even if I was.
Bingo.
I suppose that you need to determine whether you can trust me, and if not, take the appropriate steps.
And what would that be? I can neither suspend or ban you, nor do I want to. But I have zero interest in running after you and being labeled as overzealous by you just because I'm playing by the rules.

Gary
Last edited by GaryEA on Oct 21st 2003, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 6:17 pm

I'm not pontificating and I'm not looking for loopholes. I was just stating that if you didn't trust me in the first place, then there is little reason to ask me what I was doing.

I refuse to argue with you because I have considered you a friend over the last 2 years of this debacle. Besides, arguing helps nobody and wastes both of our time (and probably amuses AU).

Do I think you were overzealous at times? Yeah. Do I think I was overzealous at times? An unequivocal "yeah." Being overzealous is what got this set made, got us into this mess and will ultimately get us out of it.

Also, I re-edited the moderator edits of my posts because I found them condescending. My re-edits were, of course, no less condescending, and in hindsight, I owe you an apology.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2003, 6:43 pm

As the moderator who edited your first post containing RR's cell phone number, I would like to state that all I did was replace the phone number with XXX-XXX-XXXX and add at the bottom of the post:

Moderator note: edited to remove phone number as MSCL.com does not permit personal information to be posted

There was nothing condescending about that - I was doing my job as a moderator. You know that we have had problems with this in the past concerning personal information of AU employees being posted and that as a result the site owners made it a forum rule that personal information is not allowed to be posted here. I don't know how much you recall of your original post with Ross's phone number, but you said something to the effect that until now you had tried to play nice and not get personal but that his inaction was forcing you to post his cell phone number, which is what led me to believe that it was a personal cell phone number and hence not allowable within the guidelines set forth by the site owners. In addition, I sent you a PM explaining why your post was edited. I fail to see how any of this qualifies as condescending or why you felt it was necessary to snipe at the moderators for enforcing the rules.

I am not trying to foist the blame on Sascha or Mike, but the bottom line is that this is their site and they create the rules, some of which were created to protect the site from potential lawsuits. This forum and the rest of the site exist for the fans, and the owners provide it to us out of the goodness of their hearts, not for profit. As such, all of us owe it to them to obey their rules, whether we agree with them or not.

I do appreciate all that you have done to make this set become a reality and I understand your frustration with AU/RR, but please don't take that out on us for creating/enforcing rules that were designed to keep this site lawsuit-free.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 7:02 pm

I understand the concerns of the site. The whole site exists by the good graces of Disney, who could close the whole thing down in a microsecond if they wanted. And I know this from first-hand experience having seen a friend lose his business.

I apologize if I stepped over the line, but I am just tired of everything already. I know that you are all tired as well. Tired of Ross and tired of me. However, I think that it is healthy for a company to have to face its customers. Maybe if a CEO doesn't like taking calls he can respond by having a CSR answer calls made by customers. Maybe he can post a voicemail number. Anything.

However, what I posted was a number that is for business use and was, in my opinion, fair game. I do have his personal address and the phone numbers attached to that address, and I obviously didn't post it. I had the info in case I had to supply it to process servers.

Over the last 2 years, when people wanted to speak with Ross I didn't hesitate to give them his business cell number. I probably gave it out about 50 times (about half of those while I was still working with AU) and many times I got a response saying:

"thanks, i spoke with him, he said he'll take care of my refund, but we'll see what really happens."

My number has been in the open for a long time and I've MAYBE received a dozen calls. Most people use IM or email.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 21st 2003, 7:46 pm

Did another universe actually even ship out the lunchboxes and the bonus discs or are people still waiting???
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 7:50 pm

Some people are starting to receive them. We'll have a better idea in a few weeks.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 21st 2003, 7:53 pm

ok I ordered mine this morning with the impression that this was finished in april... some people have been waiting up to 2 years for this? i would have been pissed if I didnt want the bonus disc so much!!! so I was just wondering if it was worth to wait or just cancel it? thanks
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life