Contact details for Ross?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 7:56 pm

Heh. If you ordered recently, you should be in good shape, I would hope.

How did you find his site, btw?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2003, 8:14 pm

Hunee, not to freak you out, but you should read the DVD FAQ which will explain to you why some of us waited eons to receive our DVD sets and even longer for the lunchboxes/bonus discs. I like the bonus disc, but it wasn't worth the extra $45.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 21st 2003, 8:29 pm

Jason R... I was actually reading the board last night and saw the post for the bonus disc but I knew about the special back back in december of last year but I kind of put it in the back of my mind... I actually got the series for christmas and thats what made me forget about another universe and then when I was searching the site today I fell upon the mall and saw how they had this long drawn out thing for almost two years but I had thought it was resolved in april of this year... so I found another universe but my browser would not let me order so after trying about 50 times I ordered but then I was seeing this thread and I was like what is going on... so I am still unsure of what to do?

Candygirl... So did you get yours... well obviously you did but you dont think it was worth the extra 45 dollars to order... do you think I should just cancel it or what? thanks
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Oct 21st 2003, 9:54 pm

Good luck getting your money back from a cancellation. It took me two months to get a refund. I paid via debit card and was paid back by a fishy-looking money order. A reputable business would have just refunded the money to my card in a timely fashion. A reputable business would not have charged my card until the item shipped. (I don't think I'll ever get over this.) Some people have not received refunds from cancellations or double and triple charges made, at least, a year and a half ago. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2003, 10:09 pm

I guess that the #1 reason why I should drop the Ross phone thing is that even if you get a guarantee from him, I don't know what that guarantee is worth. I mean, he could promise a refund and you'd have to decide whether to believe him.

But then again, people are receiving some semblance of what they ordered so who knows.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 21st 2003, 10:26 pm

Hunee wrote:ok I ordered mine this morning with the impression that this was finished in april... some people have been waiting up to 2 years for this? i would have been pissed if I didnt want the bonus disc so much!!! so I was just wondering if it was worth to wait or just cancel it? thanks
You JUST ordered it? Does this mean you ordered through AU? Have you seen if AU has taken your money for the set yet?

Arrggghh, this frustrates me so much that RR can still con people into giving him money...

I haven't been able to even see the AU site for weeks now...I thought it was down, but you're saying its not? I'm getting this:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
AnotherUniverse.Pages.CDefault.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\AnotherUniverse\Default.aspx.vb:41
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
Does this mean they've blocked my IP?

It is very very frustrating to hear that people are still giving him money, hoping they will get this set. I don't blame the customers, I blame the jack@$$ leading the AU...
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 21st 2003, 11:12 pm

I got the ip block to but i kept trying because I wanted the bonus dvd really bad... I was on a mscl high this morning and I could not help myself but he replied to me very quicky and was kind of like pushing me towards not canceling and I decided to anyway after reading this post... I was under the impression that they were sent out in april!!! but to discover that they only recieved them a week ago was apauling!!! I mean almost two years!!! two years to wait for a bonus disc!!! WTF!!! he informed me he would cancel my order tomorrow but if he doesnt then I guess that will be my own fault and then I will report fraud and tell the credit card company!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Oct 21st 2003, 11:21 pm

GaryEA wrote: A pretty straight forward one.

Speaking for myself, you can quit pontificating. It's not going to work with me.

As of late, you've been quick to not only try to find loopholes in the rules the forum is asking from all members ro follow, but have responded with childish jabs at the mods, reediting post mods have changed, and replied in ALL CAPITALS ABOUT HOW YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR TWO YEARS... and so on... blah, blah.

Why don't you say how you really feel?
Gary, why are you being such an ass? First with the bonus disc thing, and now with this feud with Jason, who as far as I can tell from my time here (I think it's about a year now, but I'm not really sure) hasn't done anything to warrant this sort of snarkiness, you're really not coming across very good to this impartial observer.

The thing that I appreciated the most about this site was the amount of good information, support, and fun that I've gotten during my time here. Now, in the last few weeks, there's been this big crackdown on threads in the DVD forums (like there's SO much traffic that needs to be managed), the whining about somebody giving away stuff you were giving away already, and now this ongoing pissing contest with Jason.

Is THIS the normal state of the MSCL forums, and the last year was just an illusion? If so, I want nothing to do with it, and could care less if it did all get shut down. I just can't believe that it's come to this, after everything that we as a group have been through in the last year or two. Pathetic.

JRjr

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 22nd 2003, 12:03 am

Just checked to see if I could get through to anotheruniverse.com and I could. They even still have the MSCL Box set for sale and have a shipping date of 6/18/02. HA! HA! 6/18/02, lets see it is 10/21/03 and I ordered my set in 02/02 and I have yet to see my bonus disk or lunch box.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Oct 22nd 2003, 1:27 am

vapspwi wrote:
Gary, why are you being such an ass? First with the bonus disc thing, and now with this feud with Jason, who as far as I can tell from my time here (I think it's about a year now, but I'm not really sure) hasn't done anything to warrant this sort of snarkiness, you're really not coming across very good to this impartial observer.

The thing that I appreciated the most about this site was the amount of good information, support, and fun that I've gotten during my time here. Now, in the last few weeks, there's been this big crackdown on threads in the DVD forums (like there's SO much traffic that needs to be managed), the whining about somebody giving away stuff you were giving away already, and now this ongoing pissing contest with Jason.

Is THIS the normal state of the MSCL forums, and the last year was just an illusion? If so, I want nothing to do with it, and could care less if it did all get shut down. I just can't believe that it's come to this, after everything that we as a group have been through in the last year or two. Pathetic.

JRjr
I think you are off base with this vapspwi. Your reaction to the phone number feud issue seems to be over blown or possibly based on a preexisting problem you have with GaryEA. I think several people have come off snarky lately and it seems like a lot of it has been justified. I think things will take on a friendlier tone if we try to overlook the snarkiness that posters will express from time to time. There's a lot of frustration and toes being stepped on but hopefully this whole ordeal is coming to an end (fingers crossed) and everyone will be calmed down soon. I think that the many great features of this site and the fun conversations that go on in the forums greatly outweigh the downside of recent tensions.
As for the 'feud', i guess i'll throw my two cents in seeing as it's been decided that it should be public and as it seems I've already decided to stick my nose in where it doesn't really belong. First of all I don't think it should have been discussed in the forum though I do understand that the moderators would not have enjoyed having digs taken at them and would want to counter with their own point of view. And I'll trust that they had good reasons (that admittedly i don't understand) for doing so as they know more about the situation and in general spend way more time than i do thinking about and working on this site. Secondly I can empathize with Jason's desire to help people (and we all know he's done a lot to help) and his frustration that this site cannot be used in the way he'd like. But if he can't respect the rules and the moderators who keep this site going then he should find another venue in which to help people.
Last edited by grim4746 on Oct 22nd 2003, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2003, 2:51 am

grim4746 wrote:As for the 'feud', i guess i'll throw my two cents in seeing as it's been decided that it should be public and as it seems I've already decided to stick my nose in where it doesn't really belong. First of all I don't think it should have been discussed in the forum though I do understand that the moderators would not have enjoyed having digs taken at them and would want to counter with their own point of view. And I'll trust that they had good reasons (that admittedly i don't understand) for doing so as they know more about the situation and in general spend way more time than i do thinking about and working on this site.
I agree that this should not have been a public fight on the forums, which is why I did not reply a week and a half ago when it began. I don't feel that there is much discussion to be had - the forum has certain rules that the site owners have established and it is the duty of the moderators to enforce those rules when forum members break those rules, whether intentionally or not. Since this has become a public discussion of sorts where we are talking around the issue, I will clarify what the particular issue is.

We have had problems in the past with forum members posting RR's home address and phone number, as well as another AU employee's home phone number. As a result, MSCL.com decided to make it official that posting other people's personal information is not okay here. Sure, you can probably find a lot of people's personal information by doing a google search or using online directories, but the fact remains that this site does not allow that information to be posted in the MSCL.com forums. Why? As Howard put it, allowing that type of information to be posted here could put us in a legal pickle.
vapspwi wrote:Is THIS the normal state of the MSCL forums, and the last year was just an illusion? If so, I want nothing to do with it, and could care less if it did all get shut down. I just can't believe that it's come to this, after everything that we as a group have been through in the last year or two. Pathetic.
No, this is not the normal state of the forum. Before the influx of new members due to interest in the DVD set, this was a small community of fans who discussed the series and became friends. If you want to see proof of that, read some of the older threads. The infighting began after the DVD petition became a reality. If you can believe it, the people starting fights back then were people who claimed that Ross was going to rip us off. Then we had the AU investor wars when certain people insisted on sharing unsolicited stock advice with us and telling us that anyone who ordered from amazon would never receive their merchandise because amazon was about to go under.

If you want nothing to do with the site, no one is forcing you to be here. I don't mean this as a personal kick in the butt to you vapspwi. What I mean is that everyone is here because they want to be here. You can stay and try to get along with fellow forum members or you can go and forget that any of this ever happened. I, personally, do want to be here, and I DO care if this site gets shut down. It's not purely selfish, although I do enjoy coming here and consider many of the people who I have met here to be my friends. I know that there are people who are still becoming new MSCL fans and this is the best site available. No one else has all this information, fan fiction, trivia, and camaraderie gathered in another singular MSCL site. Before the DVD set existed, I read through Angela's World, numerous episode 20s, and the episode transcripts. I met people who loved the show as much as I do. I know that there will continue to be new fans for years to come, and they deserve to enjoy this site as much as we have.

None of this bickering is constructive, so can we just quit fighting about this stuff and talk about Tino?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 22nd 2003, 6:25 am

As explained many times in this thread and on this board before, we have a simple rule concerning address details:

Don't post other people private address details (or links to it) without their agreement. If they haven't published the address information on some other website or public medium (no, phone books and WHOIS entries don't count) themselves, then the address is private. That's it. This is nothing that can be discussed - that's where the line has to be drawn to avoid legal concequences. It's our site, it's our forum, we are legally responsible for everything getting posted here, thank you for respecting our rules.

What everyone is doing via PM or email is none of our business.

And now I hope this discussion is finally over once and for all. This topic will be closed. If someone has any comments, personal insults etc, you can PM me or the moderators