AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

Post by GaryEA » Sep 18th 2003, 5:41 pm

Hi all,

I know that everyone has concerns about the whereabouts of the bonus materials, and if they'll ever arrive at your doorstep.

I've started this official thread (more like a threapy group) to keep the topic in one place, as well any conversation about steps we, as fans, might be considering to get the bonus materials out.

Please do not start any additional threads regarding the topic. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or fnordboy.

Thanks for your assistance! :D

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 22nd 2003, 6:41 pm

I just received the following email:
Dear, MSCL Customer!

We are getting ready to ship out the MSCL Lunch Boxes and Bonus Discs within the next two weeks. Please take time to review the address we have on file for you and email us back at this address (dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com ) with any changes that need to be made. Be sure to include your order number in all emails.

Please send all address changes to this email address:
dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com and be sure to include your order number in all emails.

Best regards,
AnotherUniverse.com
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

john
Nicky Driscoll

Post by john » Sep 22nd 2003, 6:46 pm

just got it too! Bonus discs? I wonder if we are indeed getting the Museum of Television and Radio stuff...

Oldguyy
Tino

Post by Oldguyy » Sep 22nd 2003, 7:07 pm

I received the same letter, and at this point, it is almost comical. Kind of like offering a glass of water to a man who died of thirst last year...

At any rate, I'd be happy to receive the bonus disc, but why should I even allow myself to imagine that this time, it may actually, truly be sent? It seems much more likely that this is more BS (kind of like digging the knife in deeper, even though I am already dying...).

blueone
Overlooked Sibling

Post by blueone » Sep 22nd 2003, 9:11 pm

I don't think I'll belive Ross & Co before I get an actual tracking # in my inbox. However, I'm happy to actually see a promise, even if it'll get broken. But what happened to all that extra stuff we were promised, t-shirts, gift certificates etc.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 22nd 2003, 9:58 pm

Those were just promises to keep you from cancelling your order.

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Sep 22nd 2003, 10:34 pm

I received no such letter. That better not mean that I receive no such lunchbox and bonus discs.

I ordered this way too long ago.

Hi. My name is Cornelius1047 and I'm a bonafide freak.

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Sep 23rd 2003, 12:08 am

I'd received the email. But when I trace back that last time I receive email from AU was on 2 Jul from "Colleen McNiece". The email written that -
...the lunchboxes are done, looking good and headed into the Another Universe warehouse. We expect them to arrive in California within 3 weeks and then a couple of days through customs and shipping to Sacramento.

As soon as they are received, Another Universe will be shipping them ...
But now it's already 2 and a half month after that email was sent and now it said "We are getting ready to ship out the MSCL Lunch Boxes and Bonus Discs within the next two weeks." Even if they'd really send out the lunchbox, maybe they'll take antoher 2 months.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Sep 23rd 2003, 2:45 am

i got both e-mails too, was very shocked this morning to receive the newest one but as ever i won't hold my breath! but wouldn't it be nice to have them :lol:
oh well we will see

emsef
Tino

Post by emsef » Sep 23rd 2003, 5:23 am

I have just sent this. Will keep you all informed.
I wrote:To whom it concerns,

Can you please confirm that I will not be charged shipping and duty on these items? They should have been delivered with my original DVD box set and therefore I feel paying such costs would be unjustified. If it helps I know import duty takes account of replacement goods by not charging duty on them. Please look into this.

Living in the UK I would rather not be stung for shipping and import
duties. I would accept a partial refund (amount to be discussed) rather
than have to pay more charges.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours,
Matt Sephton
matt

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Sep 23rd 2003, 9:46 am

candygirl wrote:I just received the following email:
Hmm. Well, I never get e-mail from them, because my e-mail address changed a year or more back from the address that I originally used when I placed the order, and the incompetent bufoons can't seem to figure out how to correct it despite repeated requests from me.

I'll believe they're shipping the bonus materials when I get them in my hands, and then put the DVD in the player to see that it's not just blank. At THAT point, I'll be done with them (I'll have everything I paid for, and thanks to my credit card company, I have all the overcharges back). But I'll still do whatever I can to help anybody that's interested get the authorities after them.

JRjr

trustella
Nicky Driscoll

still waiting...

Post by trustella » Sep 30th 2003, 8:33 pm

I too did not receive the email. I just sent an email to see if I'm still on their list. Maybe they took me off the list b/c I successful disputed my overcharge. However, I still paid over twice what the boxset is going for at other retailers and I still deserve my bonus materials!

Has anyone gotten a response to an email they sent to dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com?

emsef
Tino

Post by emsef » Oct 1st 2003, 5:25 am

No response here. :roll:

matt
matt

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 4th 2003, 3:41 pm

Ok, it's my understanding that 2 weeks have elapsed since the email. Is this the case?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 4th 2003, 3:51 pm

Jason R wrote:Ok, it's my understanding that 2 weeks have elapsed since the email. Is this the case?
Nope. October 7th is the day. But they wrote "within 2 weeks" and nothing happend yet and I don't expect anything to happen ...