AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Bonus Disc

Post by north_Star98 » Mar 1st 2004, 10:59 pm

This post has been deleted, we do not allow discussion of copying copyrighted material here.

- forum moderator

lauranne
Frozen Embryo

Gasp..an actual email!

Post by lauranne » Mar 10th 2004, 8:38 pm

After sending repeated emails every other day to every address I could find, I finally have heard something back:

"Your bonus items were shipped via United States Postal Service today.
Thank you for your patience"

I'd feel a little better if they had bothered to at least send me a tracking number, but then again, I feel something is better than nothing.

FYI, I sent the email to the following addresses:
customerservice@anotheruniverse.com
dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com
mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com
ross@anotheruniverse.com
ross@comicshop.net
freakbiscuit@yahoo.com
leslie@anotheruniverse.com
"These rivers of suggestion are driving me away....." R.E.M.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Gasp..an actual email!

Post by Jim » Mar 11th 2004, 9:46 am

lauranne wrote:After sending repeated emails every other day to every address I could find, I finally have heard something back:

"Your bonus items were shipped via United States Postal Service today.
Thank you for your patience"
After sending a series of messages over the past couple of weeks, I got the very same reply.

My fingers are crossed, but I'll believe this when I hold the bonus disc and lunch box in my hands, and not before.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

mo
Frozen Embryo

Post by mo » Mar 11th 2004, 12:04 pm

Jim wrote:After sending a series of messages over the past couple of weeks, I got the very same reply.
Me too. I've sent emails since forever, but this is the first one I sent that used a rather "assertive" tone and also the first I've sent to Leslie's email address.

I'm also rather skeptical about whether or not anything will come of the email, but it'll be nice to finally get them if it's true.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Finally

Post by siandam » Mar 11th 2004, 1:47 pm

I also sent e-mails repeatly to every address I had and yesterday got the same e-mail as the others.

They must just be getting tired of the whole thing, they're not even bothering to sent tracking numbers anymore.

I can't believe that they are still in business under any sort of name let alone Another Universe. Does anyone know if Ross is involved in any way? And who is Leslie?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Finally

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 11th 2004, 4:23 pm

siandam wrote:They must just be getting tired of the whole thing, they're not even bothering to sent tracking numbers anymore.
Well to be fair (never thought I'd use that phrase in reference to AU), not everyone received tracking numbers. I received my bonus stuff in October and never received an email (aside from the generic "we're sending out bonus stuff - really!" email that they mass emailed) or tracking number - a box just showed up on my doorstep.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 11th 2004, 7:02 pm

candygirl wrote:
siandam wrote:They must just be getting tired of the whole thing, they're not even bothering to sent tracking numbers anymore.
Well to be fair (never thought I'd use that phrase in reference to AU), not everyone received tracking numbers. I received my bonus stuff in October and never received an email (aside from the generic "we're sending out bonus stuff - really!" email that they mass emailed) or tracking number - a box just showed up on my doorstep.
The same goes for me. No email or tracking number. Just showed up one day.

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Mar 12th 2004, 4:06 am

fnordboy wrote:The same goes for me. No email or tracking number. Just showed up one day.
I wonder if they hacked back at their personnel for shipping purposes. If Ross can't really pay his people and cut back to nearly nobody for shipping, that would certainly explain the slow shipping problems and no tracking number on any personal e-mail responses (for those of us who actually received one; my box appeared out of the blue).

This is, of course, assuming that Ross would actually cut back on personnel and not just string them along with hopes of getting paid.
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 12th 2004, 11:18 am

Dave Reed wrote:This is, of course, assuming that Ross would actually cut back on personnel and not just string them along with hopes of getting paid.
Or that they just got sick of being strung along. :P

RyeSwmmr
Tino

Post by RyeSwmmr » Mar 16th 2004, 5:48 pm

Holy cow! :o

That's pretty much how I felt when my bonus item arrived in the mail yesterday!

I did not get a tracking number so I had no idea they were actually coming. I have been e-mailing them every few days for over two months. I started doing so when the lunchboxes started shipping. Just a straightforward e-mail to all of the known e-mail addresses stating that I knew the lunchboxes were shipping and I wanted to know when I would be receiving mine. I also said that I had been double charged and had to wait over 9 months to receive the original box set. I live in Canada and did not have to pay any additional duty taxes or customs.

I'm just glad that this debacle is over and perhaps I can get back to loving what started this whole thing, the show! Thanks to all those here who made it possible.

oppsie
Tino

Post by oppsie » Mar 17th 2004, 10:12 pm

holy cow indeed. i arrived home tonight to find my lunchbox and bonus dvd waiting for me. stuff looks pretty good -- i'm duly impressed that au actually used bubblewrap. and duly impressed they could afford such extravagances. for the record, i got the march 10 email and no tracking number. i had sent an email asking where the hell my stuff was on february 13 -- exactly one day short of two years after i ordered the set in the first place.

that is all.

JohnB
Frozen Embryo

Lunchbox & DVD finally arrived

Post by JohnB » Mar 18th 2004, 4:27 pm

I ordered this set very early (over 2 years ago). Finally received the lunchbox and DVD today (along with the "limited edition" card). I had send a number of emails over the last 3 months (no reply back of course).
-John

lauranne
Frozen Embryo

WOW

Post by lauranne » Mar 18th 2004, 5:13 pm

Well, I too came home today to find my bonus disc and lunch box waiting for me at my door. I received the email from AU last week w/o a tracking number. I'm impressed, because I moved in the past two years, and thus the address that I had originally wanted my materials shipped to changed. I'm just glad that I finally received what I paid for, and that this whole long ordeal is finally done with.
"These rivers of suggestion are driving me away....." R.E.M.

mo
Frozen Embryo

Post by mo » Mar 22nd 2004, 12:38 pm

My bonus stuff arrived sometime last week. I didn't get it until this weekend when my mom dropped it off. I'm just glad that I am done dealing with AU.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

They're here!

Post by Jim » Mar 25th 2004, 6:45 pm

Well, you can add my name to the list of those who've finally received their bonus items. Mine were sitting on my doorstep when I arrived home from work, two years and five days after I placed my order.

A big "Thank You" to Jason (wherever you are) for making this possible, and to GaryEA for making those wonderful DVD covers.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.