AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Feb 13th 2004, 9:34 pm

vapspwi wrote:Apparently they've actually, finally shipped my bonus materials. I'll believe it when I see it, of course, but since this is the first e-mail I've received from Another Universe since before the actual DVDs were shipped, I'm somewhat hopeful.

(For the record, I'm in Georgia, and ordered in mid-February 2002.)
Finally, at long last, my bonus materials arrived today, nearly two years after I first ordered the set. I'm really, really happy to finally put all dealings with Another Universe behind me, but I'll happily inform anybody I can just how awful it is to do business with them, and hopefully Ross will get his karmic payback at some point.

Thanks to Jason and everybody else that helped to make the set happen, and good luck to everybody still trying to get their stuff from AU. Don't give up - keep harassing them until you get what they owe you.

JRjr

natnat
Frozen Embryo

Post by natnat » Feb 18th 2004, 10:18 am

(Firstly, I’m a looooooong time lurker, first time poster)

Hi all, I just thought that it was worth mentioning that I have, by some miracle, just when I had lost all hope in ever getting my hands on them, received my long awaited bonus materials (DVD, lunchbox and cert). (For anyone keeping track, I’m in London, UK)

Well, it wasn’t really a miracle. The three weeks prior to receiving the package, I had decided to give it one last try, so I emailed all known addresses for both Another Universe and Ross with a short statement including my address and order #. I had sent the emails out every other day for about two weeks, and then gave up. A week later got an email stating that they had been shipped that morning. I have to agree with some of the other posters here, in that being proactive i.e. sending emails to all of the known addresses will eventually get you results.

This whole unfortunate episode, I’m glad to say, has not affected the way I feel about the show. It has only lead me to become very cautious when purchasing online.

Now for the irony, I had placed my order on my birthday 02-12-2002 (thinking, wow, my favourite show on DVD, a great present to myself), received the bonus materials exactly two years later, 02-12-2004!!! A gift from AU perhaps? Yeah, right.

I would also like to say a big thank you to all those that were instrumental in making this DVD set a reality; Jason, the petitioners, all those involved on this site.

I also hope that AU continues to ship the bonus items to all that are still waiting for them.

Nat

Cinders_25uk
Frozen Embryo

Post by Cinders_25uk » Feb 18th 2004, 5:25 pm

I also have never posted but read regularly.

Thought I would point out my discovery for international buyers, I did write an e-mail mid December on a last bid attempt. My package arrived 2 days ago.

On looking at the post mark it is clear that in order to save money they have literally shipped (i.e. by boat) them! It is marked 31st Dec and has taken nearly 3 months to arrive - therefore there are probably many international orders whinging their way on ships across the channel!?!

The e-mail I think helped but be prepared for a shipping delay.

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

hurrahh

Post by foolishoptimist » Feb 20th 2004, 7:01 am

Cinders_25uk seems right about the shipping, for my international order arrived today. I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I pre-ordered in March of whatever year it was, who the hell can remember. Have to pick it up from my mum's though, no way in hell I was gonna take a chance with changing my address through AU.

As per the discussion over the past few pages, who COULD be bothered reading all that anyway?

CANDYGIRL rocks though. No one can touch her. Rock on.

But let's not lose sight of the greatness of MSCL in all this bi tch ing.
And let me thank Jason very much for all his work, and I wish you all possible success in any enterprise you undertake. You f***ing deserve it.

Last of all, SIANDAM!!! Is there actually movement on a Freaks & Geeks set? because they never played all the episodes here in Aus. (if this was mentioned in a different thread, I'm in trouble).
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: hurrahh

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 20th 2004, 7:32 am

foolishoptimist wrote:CANDYGIRL rocks though. No one can touch her. Rock on.
Thanks! Where have you been? It's nice to see an old face around again. Uh, not that you look a day older than the last time you were here!
Is there actually movement on a Freaks & Geeks set? because they never played all the episodes here in Aus. (if this was mentioned in a different thread, I'm in trouble).
No spanking this time - just a light paddling :wink: F&G info is here (although they are still working on international shipping for the super duper ultra special box set, you can order the regular set).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

mephisto
Angela's best friend

finally..

Post by mephisto » Feb 22nd 2004, 11:57 am

this week I finally got my bonus material

after sending an e-mail to every known AU-address and threatening to file a complaint with the FTC, they shipped my lunchbox on February 11 and it arrived this week in Zurich, Switzerland

hope that everyone will finally get what he/she paid for...
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Maagic
Tino

Still nothin...

Post by Maagic » Feb 23rd 2004, 12:11 am

I ordered back in February and still have yet to recieve any email or package or anything from AU.

I live in North AL if that matters... I'm glad at least someone else from AL recieved their merchandise.

I will keep you posted

:roll:
"Dear Angela... I know in the past I've caused you pain, and I'm sorry. And I'll
always be sorry, 'til the day I die..."

blue_moon_34
Nicky Driscoll

Post by blue_moon_34 » Feb 23rd 2004, 8:12 pm

hi, i still haven't received my bonus material. i've been looking around and i was just wondering if there was a list anywhere of all the possible another universe email addresses. if you someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 24th 2004, 5:00 am

blue_moon_34 wrote:hi, i still haven't received my bonus material. i've been looking around and i was just wondering if there was a list anywhere of all the possible another universe email addresses. if you someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
That's what the FAQ is for:
The FAQ wrote:Contact addresses for AU:
We don't know how to contact AU, they have been irresponsive for over a year now.
Here are some older addresses which may still work:

http://www.AnotherUniverse.com
7975 Ramona Ave Suite B
Sacramento, California 95826

Telephone numbers from their websites:
(916) 451-5741
(888) 526-6427

E-Mail addresses they mentioned in this forum or in mass mails:
customerservice@anotheruniverse.com
dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com
mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com
ross@anotheruniverse.com
ross@comicshop.net
freakbiscuit@yahoo.com (Someone named "Colleen McNiece" sent official announcements to all AU customers from this address in late 2003)

For address changes and other things try these addresses above. Maybe they'll read it.

fluxit
Tino

Persistance pays?

Post by fluxit » Feb 25th 2004, 4:42 pm

:shock: After sending a total of 40 emails to the addresses mentioned in this thread, I received a tracking number last week. My lunchbox arrived today.
I started emailing in January. At first I sent one email a week. Then I sent two. After a month of no responses, I sent the same email every day for six days.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Persistance pays

Post by Jim » Feb 26th 2004, 11:12 am

After sending a total of 40 emails to the addresses mentioned in this thread, I received a tracking number last week. My lunchbox arrived today.
I started emailing in January. At first I sent one email a week. Then I sent two. After a month of no responses, I sent the same email every day for six days.
Thanks for the tip. Last week, I started sending a polite "when can I expect to receive my bonus items?" message to multiple addresses every day or two. There's been no response so far, but it sounds like increasing the frequency just might get results.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Re: Persistance pays

Post by Dave Reed » Feb 26th 2004, 2:37 pm

Jim wrote: Thanks for the tip. Last week, I started sending a polite "when can I expect to receive my bonus items?" message to multiple addresses every day or two. There's been no response so far, but it sounds like increasing the frequency just might get results.

Jim

It's probably just coincidence. I know that I e-mailed them once, eventually receiving a package within the week. I don't think any one of us, though, can really make any generalizations as to how they're handling this, given the rather inconsistent results.

Of course, if e-mailing them to death gives you satisfaction, mail away! :-)
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Persistance pays

Post by Jim » Feb 26th 2004, 5:00 pm

Dave Reed wrote:It's probably just coincidence. I know that I e-mailed them once, eventually receiving a package within the week. I don't think any one of us, though, can really make any generalizations as to how they're handling this, given the rather inconsistent results.

Of course, if e-mailing them to death gives you satisfaction, mail away! :-)
You're probably right. Judging by the posts on this thread since people actually started receiving the bonus items, it looks like AU is just picking names at random.

The thought that I might be annoying them just a bit does have a certain appeal, however...

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

Bond1217
Frozen Embryo

Lost order number

Post by Bond1217 » Feb 26th 2004, 7:43 pm

I have sent 3 emails so far... with no response. My problem is I changed my email address since I ordered them. So I have no idea if I ever got any of the preshipping emails from way back. However I emailed them with this info under my new email address and they have yet to get back to me. My problem is I don't have my tracking number. All my info (name, address, etc) remained the same as when they shipped the DVDs. I have contacted AU and told them that while I do not have the tracking number, they can look me up by my name and address (or even old email... my new email is the same only through yahoo not aol) Do you think it is a problem that I can't reference my order number in the emails, and that if someone is reading the emails they are just ignoring them because of this. Like "lost his order number? tough luck.. one less bonus material we will have to send since he cant prove he should get one" what do you guys think?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Lost order number

Post by fnordboy » Feb 26th 2004, 8:02 pm

Bond1217 wrote: Do you think it is a problem that I can't reference my order number in the emails, and that if someone is reading the emails they are just ignoring them because of this. Like "lost his order number? tough luck.. one less bonus material we will have to send since he cant prove he should get one" what do you guys think?
It is possible that they may ignore you for that reason. From what I can tell there are still plenty of people that didnt get their bonus materials so I wouldn't be super concerned yet that you won't get them. Just be very persistent with them. Email them atleast once a day and see what happens. Also email them at every email address referenced in this thread. Hopefully they will get sick of you and send out your stuff just to shut you up.

Good luck.