AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 17th 2004, 8:57 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote: What is this, like THREE YEARS later?
Not to give AU more credit than they are due, but even if you were one of the first 2500 who preordered as soon as the set was available, it's still been less than two years. That's still a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a lunchbox, but thank goodness it didn't take three years!
What’s with the key/Tino thing n the bottom? That’s kind of lame, especially since Tino had nothing to do with that.
Sascha answered the question, but I wanted to say something in response to the comments that have been made about the bonus materials being lame (the lunchbox) or unprofessional (the bonus disc) - anyone who knew about this forum when they ordered was told about both the lunchbox and the interview. There were pictures of the lunchbox posted in this thread, there was a clip of Dan's tour of Bedford Falls posted in this thread, and Dan discussed the interview he did with BF in this thread. That means we knew what the lunchbox looked like and we knew that the BF interview was very casual and low tech. No, they will not be to everyone's tastes - I'm sure if we asked people what they would like the lunchbox to look like or how they would have conducted the interview, we would get a huge range of responses, none of which would please EVERYONE. You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel that Dan did a great job with the bonus materials. It isn't his fault that things didn't turn out the way he originally planned!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

latestthing1
Frozen Embryo

Post by latestthing1 » Jan 17th 2004, 10:48 pm

Just to put my info in to let people know the bonus materials are still slowly coming, I received mine earlier this week in Texas. There does not appear to be any pattern to how they are sending them out, so just be patient and hopefully everyone will get theirs. I have been watching my front door ever since the first person posted getting theirs, and it finally came.

Also, as far as the complaints about the bonus dvd being unprofessional...it's true that it isn't anything all that fancy, but I actually really enjoyed the interview. It was very interesting to hear them relaxed and talking about the show. I would still really love to see the Museum of TV and Radio interview, but this one was really nifty as well.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 18th 2004, 12:06 am

Just an update on who has reported receiving their bonus materials.

10/9 ltleelim (Berkeley, CA)
10/9 Veruca Salt (CA)
10/10 Candygirl (CA)
10/11 apexsensation (no location)
10/11 So-Called Loon (Salt Lake City, UT)
10/12 bmjudd (Seattle, WA)
10/9 heater_05 (CA)
10/14 wayney (Bay Area, CA)
10/13 TheHistorian (Phoenix, AZ)
10/14 kq2076 (eastern UT)
10/23 ingramje (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
10/22 janita (Austin, TX)
10/27 brainysmurf (Modesto, CA)
11/6 norler (New York City, NY)
11/7 anon (no location)
11/13 trustella (Bay Area, CA)
11/15 Yippee (Birmingham, AL)
11/15 lizardcub (NY)
11/17 Artaraxl (NJ)
11/23 richard (London, UK)
11/26 Sammi (Des Moines, IA)
11/27 Kappster (NE)
12/1 TessD1891 (NY)
12/4 echamorro (Tinley Park, IL)
12/17 andrepel (Montreal, Canada)
12/5 Dave Reed (Sacramento, CA)
12/15 southernfire (IL)
12/22 Megs (Ashburn, VA)
12/23 fnordboy (NJ)
12/24 sirhansirhan (Missouri)
12/26 neppie (no location)
1/7 BrodysMom (PA)
1/13 Nostradamus (no location)
1/14 feisty_jenn (Canada)
1/15 Todd B. (HI)
1/17 Jody Barsch* (Santa Barbara/Los Angeles, CA)
1/17 latestthing1 (TX)
1/24 chasecat (Germany)
2/3 foggy (Aberdeen, Scotland)
2/2 spaceboy (UK)
2/5 pedro (Merseyside, UK)
2/6 laurablunsdon (UK)
2/7 jimmydee (Cambridge, UK)
2/13 vapspwi (Georgia)
2/17 Cinders_25uk (Salford, UK)
2/18 natnat (London, UK)

For those of you who are too lazy to do the math :wink: this is the breakdown by location:

1 - Hawaii
9 - California
1 - Washington
2 - Utah
1 - Arizona
1 - Nebraska
3 - Texas
1 - Iowa
1 - Missouri
2 - Illinois
1 - Alabama
1- Pennsylvania
3 - New York
2 - New Jersey
1 - Virginia
1 - Georgia
2 - Canada
8 - UK
1 - Germany
4 - unknown location
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Feb 19th 2004, 6:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lizardcub » Jan 18th 2004, 2:19 am

Add another for New York. I received mine in mid-November, I believe. (Is there a thread for discussing the bonus disk? Sorry to further sadden those who haven't received theirs yet--Another Universe is so evil--but I was interested in some of the things I learned from Winnie in the interview.)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 18th 2004, 10:39 pm

Only 36 so far? There are probably some deliveries that haven't been reported here, but still...

:?
Is there a thread for discussing the bonus disk? Sorry to further sadden those who haven't received theirs yet--Another Universe is so evil--but I was interested in some of the things I learned from Winnie in the interview.
I was wondering that myself; now that at least a few of us have seen the interview it would be fun to discuss it, but I'm cool with waiting for more discs to be shipped, or perhaps there is some legal/copyright reason for not discussing it now?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 18th 2004, 11:00 pm

No, there isn't any reason why people can't discuss the bonus disc! I'll start a separate thread so that people can decide if they want to read about it or not.

:D

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 20th 2004, 12:16 am

candygirl wrote:Not to give AU more credit than they are due, but even if you were one of the first 2500 who preordered as soon as the set was available, it's still been less than two years.
Sorry, I measure years by school years. I totally realize it is not the same thing, but I can't break the habbit.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 20th 2004, 12:34 am

in response to the comments that have been made about the bonus materials being lame (the lunchbox) or unprofessional (the bonus disc) - anyone who knew about this forum when they ordered was told about both the lunchbox and the interview. There were pictures of the lunchbox posted in ... That means we knew what the lunchbox looked like and we knew that the BF interview was very casual and low tech. No, they will not be to everyone's tastes - I'm sure if we asked people what they would like the lunchbox to look like or how they would have conducted the interview, we would get a huge range of responses, none of which would please EVERYONE. You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel that Dan did a great job with the bonus materials. It isn't his fault that things didn't turn out the way he originally planned!
I have a feeling that post wasn't entirely directed towards my comments, but I'd like to respond:
First and most importantly, I apologize if I offended anyone or in any way undermined or trivialized the HOURS of HARD WORK that went into this project, I was regularly following those posts (until I received the DVD's around Thanksgiving last year), and am well aware of the dedication it took to finally accomplish this. I for one appreciate it.
I actually did see the pictures of the lunchbox when they were first posted, and it is everything I expected it to be, I just forgot the key part. As several people have quoted my post, I have had ample time to reread my words, and I see how they were perceived as bitchy, I didn't mean it that way. Having said that, Tino really didn't have anything to do with the key or the handcuffs, although Sascha's response really helped to explain the motivation behind it.
Anyway, I really like Tino-- how even in his absence he ties the different characters together, and I am hesitant when that is overused (on the website etc.) Regardless of my personal opinions on the use or overuse of Tino, I am happy with the bonus materials, the DVD was exactly what we were all told to expect, and it was nice to see the three of them interact in the way they do.
Anyway, I really like Tino-- how even in his absence he ties the different characters together, and I am hesitant when that is overused (on the website etc.) Regardless of my personal opinions on the use or overuse of Tino, I am happy with the bonus materials, the DVD was exactly what we were all told to expect, and it was nice to see the three of them interact in the way they do.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2004, 1:00 am

You're right - I wasn't specifically responding to what you said. There have been several negative comments about the bonus materials since people started receiving them and yours just happened to be the most recent one which is why I quoted you.

:D

southernfire
Tino

lunchbox recieved

Post by southernfire » Jan 21st 2004, 12:39 pm

I recieved my bonus disc about mid December and I am in Northern IL. I was one of the first to order my set, and I never did receive a refund. My lunchbox was a bit dented, but at this point, I don't really care. It'll probably just end up on a shelf in my room anyways...

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 23rd 2004, 12:01 pm

That list was really interesting to see. Thanks for putting it together.

Somehow it feels like when you email AU asking when to expect the bonus materials they just wait until they see it is on the send-list or something.

And to comment about the bonus materials.. I never wanted the lunchbox. I have no use for it and it is uninteresting for me. I don't think I am getting what I paid for even if I get the bonus stuff ever. I wished for interviews with the cast, I guess.

BrodysMom
Frozen Embryo

Post by BrodysMom » Jan 23rd 2004, 2:49 pm

FYI - I live in PA so you can add that to your list

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Jan 23rd 2004, 2:52 pm

KrokRos wrote:Somehow it feels like when you email AU asking when to expect the bonus materials they just wait until they see it is on the send-list or something.
Hell, I can't even get an e-mail response from them at all. I've e-mailed them twice now, two weeks ago and a week ago, to customersupport@ (or whatever), dvdsupport@, and "freakbiscuit," and haven't received so much as a "yes, we got your message" response from them. Bastards. I just want to get my stupid bonus materials so I can forget about this whole sorry mess. I guess my next step will be to actually try to get somebody on the phone, because e-mailing doesn't seem to be working...

JRjr

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Received Bonus Material in Germany

Post by Chase Cat » Jan 24th 2004, 9:24 am

Today the nice man from German Postal Service put a little box in the Garden. Luckily he didn't put it in the snow. The package actually traveled from far California (or even out of Another Universe) to Germany. And that for only US$ 11. Ross als stated (Does someone believe in miracles?) a value of Zero for both, disc and lunchbox. Local custom authority didn't charged anything. Even after thousands of miles the lunchbox looks fine and wasn't squeezed or something. Inside I found a certificate of authenticity (at least the attempt to create one :wink:). And the bonus disc, which I haven't watched, yet.

How did I get it here in the far regions of earth earlier than some US citizens? I don't really know. But I sent an email to dvdsupport@... and ross@anotheruniverse.com and freakbiscuit@yahoo.com on January 8. After a little investigation in US trade law I wrote the following:
[...]Through my order at your internet shop I have a legally effective contract of purchase about the whole set with your company. I have paid in full in Mid August 2002. The first part was delivered in December 2002. You have announced shipment of the second part in an e-mail dated September 23, 2003. I remind you, to deliver the owed merchandise to fulfil your contractual obligations. If you are not willing to do so, I will be forced to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Believe me, the enduring delivery delay won't be the only claim of my complaint. Your business is currently offending federal law. Your internet shop doesn't meet the disclosure requirements of Title 16 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Chapter 1, Part 436, Section 436.1. Furthermore your denial of costumer complaints constitutes an offense of the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTCA), Title 15 USC, Chapter 2, Subchapter 1, Section 45. The Federal Trade Commission is authorized to enforce orders to cease and desist with fines up to US$ 11,000 per violation.[...]
I specified a period of time within AU should reply or I will file the complaint. Of course noone replied. I made my last attempt of communication after the period was over. No answer. The Monday after, I filed the complaint. I don't hold my breath until FTC will do something. But good ol' Ross seems to react on little legal games. At least I can finally close this chapter.
Patty to Graham: You always buy the cat nicer food than I do.

spaceboy
Frozen Embryo

Post by spaceboy » Feb 2nd 2004, 11:02 am

:D just to keep u all upto date my bonus stuff finally arrived here in the U.K saturday morning!