AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
laurablunsdon
Tino

Post by laurablunsdon » Feb 6th 2004, 4:50 am

Yipee!!

Arrived at work this morning, before i even sat down my phone rang, it was my mum saying a package had been delievered to me from a company called 'Another Universe!' - Did i know what it was?

There was no charge on it so at least they kept to their word on that. I received a email from them on December 1st claiming that it would be posted the next day - oh well it only took over 2 months to arrive!

I'm in the UK by the way.

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Feb 6th 2004, 8:37 am

Oh my god!

I eventually got my bonus materials too! I arrived home last night (I live in Liverpool, UK) and they were sat waiting for me. I got a t-shirt, a bonus disc and the lunchbox (which looks fantastic)!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-P :!:

I am so glad this is finally sorted. Let's get on with loving our new sets...and I hope everybody else gets theirs too
x

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 6th 2004, 9:10 am

Wow a T-shirt?! I didn't think they even existed, or ever would. Did anyone else get one?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 6th 2004, 11:44 am

grim4746 wrote:Wow a T-shirt?! I didn't think they even existed, or ever would. Did anyone else get one?
Not with their bonus items. I know I didn't and no one else that I am aware of has mentioned it.

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Feb 6th 2004, 1:36 pm

fnordboy wrote:Not with their bonus items. I know I didn't and no one else that I am aware of has mentioned it.
No t-shirt came with my package. But then, I didn't order one.
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Feb 6th 2004, 9:46 pm

Rather than, ya know, read thru 16 pages of this thread (although I have not much else to do tonight), let me get right to the point: Have a lot (or all) people in the US received their bonus material or what? I haven't gotten an email or anything resembling bonus material. Maybe they forgot about me? What to do now?

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

Naomi
Jody Barsh

Post by Naomi » Feb 6th 2004, 10:03 pm

My bonus DVD still hasn't arrived :sad2:

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 6th 2004, 10:11 pm

IIRC, a few people did order (and presumably received) t-shirts from AU, but no one else has reported getting them with the bonus material, even though they were promised.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 6th 2004, 11:28 pm

Cornelius1047 wrote:Rather than, ya know, read thru 16 pages of this thread (although I have not much else to do tonight), let me get right to the point: Have a lot (or all) people in the US received their bonus material or what? I haven't gotten an email or anything resembling bonus material. Maybe they forgot about me? What to do now?
To quote TWoP:
Question:
I can't possibly read all these messages; I'd just like to post my own thoughts.

Answer:
Oh, is that so? Well, that's rather rude of you. If you have time to post, you have time to read what others have posted before you. Yes, "all of it."

We know it's a lot to read on some forums. Tough. Show your fellow posters the courtesy which you expect, and read what they've written to make sure you aren't repeating what dozens of other people have already said. And if you don't read all the other posts before adding your own, for the love of Mike, don't say so. It's selfish.
If you just read the posts on this page directly above yours, you will see that people are receiving their bonus materials. I also posted a list on page 15 of the forum members who have reported receiving their bonus materials. I'm sure there are other people who have received their bonus stuff but haven't come back to post about it here as well. Have you tried contacting AU recently?
Dave Reed wrote:
fnordboy wrote:Not with their bonus items. I know I didn't and no one else that I am aware of has mentioned it.
No t-shirt came with my package. But then, I didn't order one.
Nostradamus is correct - AU customers who preordered by September 17, 2002, were supposed to receive MSCL t-shirts as well as AU gift certificates.
ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN FEBRUARY-JUNE 18TH (FIRST 2500 ORDERS) GET THE FOLLOWING…
- DVD SET
- BONUS DISC
- LUNCHBOX W/CERT OF AUTHENTICITY
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-$30 Gift Certificate at AU
-FREE SHIPPING

ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN JUNE 18TH-SEPT 17TH GET THE FOLLOWING….
-DVD SET
-BONUS DISC
-LUNCHBOX (DIFFERENT THAN 2500 ISSUE/NO CERT)
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-FREE SHIPPING
-$20 Gift Certificate

ORDERS PLACED AFTER SEPT 17TH
-DVD SET
-BONUS DISC
-LUNCHBOX (DIFFERENT THAN 2500 ISSUE/NO CERT)
-Free Shipping
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Feb 7th 2004, 11:10 am

candygirl wrote:
Cornelius1047 wrote:Rather than, ya know, read thru 16 pages of this thread (although I have not much else to do tonight), let me get right to the point: Have a lot (or all) people in the US received their bonus material or what? I haven't gotten an email or anything resembling bonus material. Maybe they forgot about me? What to do now?
To quote TWoP:
Question:
I can't possibly read all these messages; I'd just like to post my own thoughts.

Answer:
Oh, is that so? Well, that's rather rude of you. If you have time to post, you have time to read what others have posted before you. Yes, "all of it."

We know it's a lot to read on some forums. Tough. Show your fellow posters the courtesy which you expect, and read what they've written to make sure you aren't repeating what dozens of other people have already said. And if you don't read all the other posts before adding your own, for the love of Mike, don't say so. It's selfish.
If you just read the posts on this page directly above yours, you will see that people are receiving their bonus materials. I also posted a list on page 15 of the forum members who have reported receiving their bonus materials. I'm sure there are other people who have received their bonus stuff but haven't come back to post about it here as well. Have you tried contacting AU recently?
Yay Candygirl. This made me immensely happy.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Feb 8th 2004, 11:18 am

candygirl wrote: If you just read the posts on this page directly above yours, you will see that people are receiving their bonus materials. I also posted a list on page 15 of the forum members who have reported receiving their bonus materials. I'm sure there are other people who have received their bonus stuff but haven't come back to post about it here as well. Have you tried contacting AU recently?
Y'know, it's not like this forum is so burning up with traffic that it makes much of a difference whether somebody wades through 16 pages of mostly not informative posts before they ask their question. It seems like the mods here (in the last few months) are determined to drive off the few people that are actually still posting to the boards.

As for your suggestion about contacting AU, YES, I've been sending e-mails to them regularly since the first of the year, to every address that I can find, and haven't heard the first word from them, nor have I received my bonus materials. If anybody's got a phone number I should try besides the order number, which is the only number available on their website, I'd love to know about it. (But send me a private message so we don't have another flamewar about that...)
candygirl wrote:Nostradamus is correct - AU customers who preordered by September 17, 2002, were supposed to receive MSCL t-shirts as well as AU gift certificates.
Yeah, well, we were _supposed_ to receive a lot of stuff, not least of which was the lunch box and bonus disc that were the bonus items that we all actually expected and paid for when we ordered in the first place. Pursuing all of the extra crap that Ross promised us just to throw us off of his tail for a few minutes seems like a futile exercise.

Personally, I'd be completely happy to just get what I paid for so I can wash my hands of the whole situation, and it doesn't seem like I'm ever even going to be able to get that out of them without actually going to Sacramento (from Georgia) and getting it in person.

JRjr

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 8th 2004, 2:29 pm

werd.
vapspwi wrote:
Y'know, it's not like this forum is so burning up with traffic that it makes much of a difference whether somebody wades through 16 pages of mostly not informative posts before they ask their question. It seems like the mods here (in the last few months) are determined to drive off the few people that are actually still posting to the boards.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 9th 2004, 1:49 am

vapspwi wrote:Y'know, it's not like this forum is so burning up with traffic that it makes much of a difference whether somebody wades through 16 pages of mostly not informative posts before they ask their question. It seems like the mods here (in the last few months) are determined to drive off the few people that are actually still posting to the boards.
Yes, there is significantly less traffic on this board than there was between when the DVD release was announced and when they were delivered. I don't think it's asking a lot for someone to read even the most recent page on a thread before asking a question. I am not trying to drive people away from the boards - I am asking them to be responsible and at least LOOK for the information that they seek before posting a question that has obviously been answered in the very thread where they asked that question. As stated in the forum rules, "If you have a question or comment, look to see if a similar thread already exists either by browsing the existing threads or by using the search function. "
Pursuing all of the extra crap that Ross promised us just to throw us off of his tail for a few minutes seems like a futile exercise.
Nowhere did I say that we should all get up in arms and try to get Ross to deliver our t-shirts and gift certificates. grim4746 said he didn't think that the shirts existed. Dave Reed said he didn't order one. I was simply saying that the reason Pedro received a shirt was not because he ordered one or out of the goodness of AU's heart, but because many of us who ordered through AU were supposed to receive one as part of RR's New Deal.
As for your suggestion about contacting AU, YES, I've been sending e-mails to them regularly since the first of the year, to every address that I can find, and haven't heard the first word from them, nor have I received my bonus materials.
My suggestion of contacting AU was not directed at you, but at Cornelius1047 who said he has not yet received an email about the bonus material. Since he hasn't received any communication from them recently, attempting to contact them should be the first step. Several people (most recently among them Todd B., feisty_jenn, Dave Reed, and BrodysMom) have reported that once they sent an email, they received their bonus materials within a week or so (but without ever receiving a reply email).

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Feb 9th 2004, 10:51 am

candygirl wrote: My suggestion of contacting AU was not directed at you, but at Cornelius1047 who said he has not yet received an email about the bonus material. Since he hasn't received any communication from them recently, attempting to contact them should be the first step. Several people (most recently among them Todd B., feisty_jenn, Dave Reed, and BrodysMom) have reported that once they sent an email, they received their bonus materials within a week or so (but without ever receiving a reply email).
Yeah, I know it wasn't directed at me, and if you'd read my previous posts in this very thread (heh) you'd understand why I felt compelled to respond to your suggestion anyway.

I haven't received any communication from Another Universe in about a year, since my e-mail address changed. I tried to contact them so they could update my address, but they never did, so I don't get any e-mail from them anymore. I've sent 3 e-mails to 5 or so addresses at Another Universe since the middle of January. I haven't received a reply e-mail, and I haven't received any bonus materials. So apparently sending them an e-mail isn't some sort of magic wand that causes bonus materials to arrive at your door.

JRjr

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 9th 2004, 2:52 pm

I have read this entire thread and then some, so I know that you have said several times that AU still hasn't replied to your emails. That sucks and I understand your frustration, but I still think that Cornelius should try contacting them. It isn't a magic band-aid that will fix everything, but it has worked for SOME people so it's worth a shot for someone like Cornelius who, to my knowledge, hasn't tried that approach yet.