AU Bonus Materials Discussion (**OFFICIAL THREAD**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
InAnotherUniverse.com
Tino

Post by InAnotherUniverse.com » Dec 10th 2003, 10:49 pm

Just to let other UK people know that I haven't recieved mine yet...

But I did change address and saved the original reply...
We are sorry for the delay in responding to your inquiry, but we have
been working hard to get the DVD box sets shipped out. It seems, through our
error, your order has been shipped to the wrong address. There are two ways
that this error is going to be fixed. By going to the UPS website,
http://www.UPS.com, you can change your shipping address while the package is in
route. This alternative can cut several days off your waiting time. In order
to fix the problem using this method, you are required to have your tracking
number and other information presented in your purchase confirmation email.
Using this information, you can change the shipping address on UPS's web
site. By doing this, the package will automatically be rerouted to your new
shipping address. We will fix this problem by reshipping the set as soon as
we receive the return. You are not required to take this alternative, but
this alternative will save you time if you do not want to wait. Again we are
sorry for the error and we will fix the problem as soon as we can. If you
have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we
will correct the problem as soon as we possibly can. And again, thank you
for your patience.
This was from the first delivery, so if all goes well then anyone who lives in the UK and recieves an e-mail first will be able to change their ordering address!

Am I the only person in the UK still waiting? Was one of the first 2500. Maybe everyone in the UK could meet up and experiance the glory that is the lunchbox! :lol: Anyone in London :lol:

:idea: Also I think that the only reason why the won't stamp numbers on the certificates is because of so many cancellations... they probably don't know who ordered after and before, and I think there prob isn't 2500 pre-orders now with AU anyway. :idea:

john
Nicky Driscoll

Where the f**k is my lunchbox?!@

Post by john » Dec 12th 2003, 4:51 pm

I live in NJ and still have received NOTHING! This is getting ridiculous.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Where the f**k is my lunchbox?!@

Post by fnordboy » Dec 12th 2003, 5:14 pm

john wrote:I live in NJ and still have received NOTHING! This is getting ridiculous.
Same boat. :cry:

john
Nicky Driscoll

Post by john » Dec 12th 2003, 5:29 pm

So much for giving this to my girlfriend this Christmas :cry: Maybe it'll be here for next Christmas, of course thats what I said LAST year!!

spaceboy
Frozen Embryo

Post by spaceboy » Dec 14th 2003, 3:47 pm

:( Im in the u.k and still waiting for the bonus material, last week i sent an e-mail to Ross regarding the whereabouts of our stuff...i didnt get a reply

laurablunsdon
Tino

Post by laurablunsdon » Dec 15th 2003, 7:01 am

I live in the UK and my bonus material was supposed to be collected by USPS on Tuesday 2nd December (this is the info I was given by Another Universe) and I am yet to receive it. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship from the US - this is the first time i have ordered anything from America.

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Dec 15th 2003, 11:20 am

laurablunsdon wrote:I live in the UK and my bonus material was supposed to be collected by USPS on Tuesday 2nd December (this is the info I was given by Another Universe) and I am yet to receive it. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship from the US - this is the first time i have ordered anything from America.
I've had packages about the size of the one you should be getting take as little as three days and as many as 29 days going USPS from the States to the UK. There seems to be little rhyme or reason. If it makes you feel better, I've never had one lost, or at least not yet.

The average arrival time seems to be about 11 days, though, from my experience. Hopefully you'll see it soon.

mwb
Tino

Post by mwb » Dec 18th 2003, 12:57 pm

I live in Boston and was one of the first 2500. Still waiting for the bonus materials to magically appear on my doorstep.

I have almost stopped caring at this point.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Canadian orders - any sign of bonus items?

Post by Jim » Dec 18th 2003, 4:04 pm

It seems like it's been a couple of weeks since anyone has reported receiving anything. This is not a good sign.

Has anyone in Canada received their bonus materials yet? I certainly haven't got mine. Nor have I received any indication from AU that it's been sent. Is everyone else in the same situation?

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

guygg
Frozen Embryo

Post by guygg » Dec 18th 2003, 4:22 pm

I've visited these forums on and off during this whole debacle. This is my first time posting here. I got the e-mail from AU on 9/22. It had my correct mailing address in it, etc. I had forgotten about that e-mail and had just stopped back in here to the forums after a while and remembered having received it, so I wanted to see if others had actually received anything and was shocked to find out that others had actually received them. I was in the initial set of orders with AU (and was one of the few that actually wasn't charged multiple times). I live in the Chicago suburbs and still haven't seen the bonus materials show up yet. I just shot them a reply to their 9/22 e-mail, so I'll see if I actually get a response out of them...

- Guy

andrepel
Frozen Embryo

Montreal: Recieved the bonus Materials

Post by andrepel » Dec 18th 2003, 10:07 pm

Hi my wife and I are one of the original 2500 orders. We basically gave up on getting the bonus materials. But on on the 17th of December 2003 it finally arrived. Do not give up I guess it will eventually come if you wait long enough.

Montreal Canada

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Dec 19th 2003, 9:33 pm

Hello, everyone!

I've been a lurker on this board for a long time now, but I thought I'd chime in on things.

I ordered the set around September 2002 (I think), and I don't believe I was one of the first 2500. Just this past Monday, the lunchbox and DVD came in the mail. Not only that, but I got the Certificate of Authenticity as well. :o

I guess enough people jumped ship for me to be in the 2500 (either that, or they just sent the certificate to everyone :roll: ). I live in Sacramento, CA as well, so that might have had an effect on things.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Dec 19th 2003, 10:47 pm

Dave Reed wrote:Hello, everyone!

I've been a lurker on this board for a long time now, but I thought I'd chime in on things.

I ordered the set around September 2002 (I think), and I don't believe I was one of the first 2500. Just this past Monday, the lunchbox and DVD came in the mail. Not only that, but I got the Certificate of Authenticity as well. :o

I guess enough people jumped ship for me to be in the 2500 (either that, or they just sent the certificate to everyone :roll: ). I live in Sacramento, CA as well, so that might have had an effect on things.
Dammit. I've got to call AU and ream them out and get my bonus materials. Nothing personal to the original poster, but when people that ordered this thing 7 months after I did are getting bonus materials that I'm still waiting on, it renews a thirst for blood that had become dulled over time. I've been too busy at work to call them and demand what is due me, but I'll make time tomorrow (or Monday, if they're not there on the weekend). I would say "this is ridiculous," but obviously that would be a huge understatement.

I recently received a follow-up letter from the California Attorney General's office, asking for an update to the complaint that I filed against AU some months ago. I'll make sure that I let them know just how well AU have been handling things in the time since my initial complaint...

JRjr

jchamier
Tino

Post by jchamier » Dec 22nd 2003, 6:09 pm

I've been a little busy and haven't had time to check this board for the last few months. Just discovered this threat. I'm in the UK (close to London Heathrow airport) and still have the same email address and same postal address, etc, and ordered on the 20th Feb 2002 at 12:44 PST.... and have heard precisely nothing.

Sigh...

James
--
"Do we have to keep talking about religion? It's Christmas!"
Another UKer, started watching back late in 1994. Wow 10 years already... :-)

fluxit
Tino

Post by fluxit » Dec 22nd 2003, 7:55 pm

We are getting ready to ship out the MSCL Lunch Boxes and Bonus Discs within the next two weeks. Please take time to review the address we have on file for you and email us back at this address (dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com) with any changes that need to be made. Be sure to include your order number in all emails.
Hmm... Only three months since having received this from AwfUl. I wonder if I'll ever actually see the bonus materials.

--Lee :roll: