Taking this to the US Department of Justice

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Taking this to the US Department of Justice

Post by Jason R » Sep 6th 2003, 8:55 pm

When all else has failed for other people, a last resort is often to take complaints directly to the DOJ, which I have been told DOES take online fraud very seriously.

Do you think that people are now so jaded that it would be worthless to send out a mass mail asking them to report the situation to the DOJ? Should I try to make it easier by creating an online form or a boilerplate complaint letter?

After DOJ, I can't think of another thing to do, except possibly bringing this to the UN :-P

So this might be a last ditch effort. As we all know, the NBC report truly sucked ass. Thanks a lot Asa Aarons. My pet hamster could do a better "investigation." BTW, the woman who was interviewed by Ask Asa called me to apologize for the total level of suck present in that story.

Best
Jason

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 6th 2003, 9:39 pm

Even if most people are jaded, I'd imagine there would be at least 10 people who'd be willing to send off another explaination of what happened to them. And even just getting 10 emails, and seeing the evidence may be enough to catch the DOJ's attention. Which may lead to more.

Anything possible, I'd say go for it.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Me too!

Post by Benebula98 » Sep 7th 2003, 4:11 pm

Hey,
I can send another letter! I can prolly just copy and paste what I already wrote to the internet fraud complaint dept! It's kind of an epic story. I imagine one day it will be like the Illiad, and all the people who lived through it can recite it from memory!
*BEN*