Taking this Bull(s***) by the Proverbial Horns

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 8th 2003, 5:46 am

I think this is a great idea!

I don't know if I can help in any way (unless someone wants to send already-put-together DVDs to me in bulk and I can distribute them out to UK people - that may be cheaper than sending loads of stuff overseas) but I'm certainly willing to try.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 8th 2003, 2:46 pm

Terrific idea.

I don't know how I can help on my end of the universe, but just say the word and I will help the cause.

LanceMan

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Sep 18th 2003, 2:57 am

Great idea.

In your face Space Coyote!!!
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 30th 2003, 12:15 pm

Are we any further down the line with this idea? Just wondering if there were any updates...

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 30th 2003, 12:19 pm

Yeah, we're calling AU.com's bluff. They said the bonus items are shipping in 2 weeks. That was almost 2 weeks ago, i think.

Figure we might as well see if they actually deliver before we go thru the process of circumventing them.

If they do deliver, that gives more time to focus on refunds for overcharges, as opposed to focusing on 4000 individual claims.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 30th 2003, 2:05 pm

Jason R wrote:Yeah, we're calling AU.com's bluff. They said the bonus items are shipping in 2 weeks. That was almost 2 weeks ago, i think.
I thought so too today. But's just one week (they sent the mail on Sep 22nd). But since then AU's website went down again - no good sign.
Figure we might as well see if they actually deliver before we go thru the process of circumventing them.
Yep.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 30th 2003, 2:15 pm

My gut feeling is that it is more smoke. This is just an educated guess, of course, but there are some investigations underway (state attorney general being one of them --at least according to emails sent out to those who complained), and they may be trying to make it look like they are giving it "the old college try."

However, last I had heard, G Whiz went out of business and Ross couldn't reach them. That's why he freaked out and called me a few months back. Of course, the unavailability due to them going out of business would not be his fault, but he probably would be expected to refund customers for the difference between the regular set and the collectors' set.

But who knows, the lunchboxes were built. Maybe he found a way to get them. Maybe he is driving the boat from China.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2003, 3:24 pm

I am now picturing Ross wearing the Skipper's hat and calling Jason "little buddy."
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 30th 2003, 4:43 pm

Heh.

I hope that the bureaus in charge of law enforcement are really good at protecting our national security.

Because they sure don't seem to care about things like online fraud anymore.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 30th 2003, 7:47 pm

I guess consumers are on their own... One thing though - credit cards offer enough protection that often the feds probably don't need to get involved. It was a pain, but many of us did get our money back through our credit card companies.

Speaking of fraud, someone stole my credit card number from an online source to try to buy $650 worth of stuff from amazon.com. My credit card company caught it using their super secret fraud detection algorithm, but what is weird about it is I have only purchased online in the past 3 years from 4 places:

buy.com
amazon.com
half.com
anotheruniverse.com

Hmmmm, I wonder....

k

Jason R wrote:Heh.

I hope that the bureaus in charge of law enforcement are really good at protecting our national security.

Because they sure don't seem to care about things like online fraud anymore.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 3rd 2003, 6:42 am

I can't find the boxset on au.com anymore.
----------------
Make it count.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 3rd 2003, 8:23 am

Wow, AU.com is back. Again. For now. Maybe. But their SSL certificate still isn't valid ("For VeriSign authorized testing only. No assurances" ... LOL). The test certificate is btw issued to "American Entertainment Group"
KrokRos wrote:I can't find the boxset on au.com anymore.
Just search for "my so called life" in AU's search engine and you'll find two of them:
http://www.anotheruniverse.com/ProductD ... ctID=19827
http://www.anotheruniverse.com/ProductD ... ctID=39184

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Chase Cat » Oct 3rd 2003, 11:13 am

sab wrote:Wow, AU.com is back. Again. For now. Maybe. But their SSL certificate still isn't valid ("For VeriSign authorized testing only. No assurances" ... LOL). The test certificate is btw issued to "American Entertainment Group"
And they have now a build-in hypnotizing function:

I don't know whether this will work. Wait, I feel like... I LOVE ANOTHER UNIVERSE... OMG, please stop me... I LOVE ANOTHER UNIVERSE... :robot:
Patty to Graham: You always buy the cat nicer food than I do.

Foggy
Tino

Lunch Box and bonus disc

Post by Foggy » Feb 3rd 2004, 7:42 am

Here we are February 3rd 2004, and I had almost given up on the lunch box and bonus disc, when lo and behold, it arrived, regular mail, and no 30 quid to pay this time either. From the site looks like some of you guys got yours last year, still better late than never.

Foggy