AU.com on NBC News in NY tonight.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

AU.com on NBC News in NY tonight.

Post by Jason R » Aug 25th 2003, 6:17 pm

http://www.wnbc.com/askasa/2431992/detail.html

I'll see if I can tape it and post it.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Aug 25th 2003, 6:28 pm

Heh. TV is lame. Everything has to be framed as a 2 minute story that gets resolved at the end.

"The good news is we spoke to the owner and it is an import problem, and the items will be sent."

Oh well, stuff like this is good because TV brings more complaints and more press. If you found this site because of the tv story and need information, please email me at rosenfeld@drygrass.com.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Aug 25th 2003, 6:31 pm

Jason R wrote:Oh well, stuff like this is good because TV brings more complaints and more press.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking...of course, it could always be better. Even adding the DATES would have made the story much more impactful....people get ripped off all the time, but I doubt many get strung along this long.

But again, its good the story is getting out, if only a little bit more.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Aug 25th 2003, 6:42 pm

My motto in niche dvd marketing is "even a bomb of a tv show has millions of viewers." If only 1% of those people LOVED the show, you have a market.

So, the story was on TV. Now someone else who got conned will come out of the woodwork. Eventually we will achieve critical mass and AU will be no more.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Aug 28th 2003, 12:32 pm

I'm sick of this. I don't want my bonus disc anymore. I don't think it's worth it. I might as well forget about it... gah.. I donno how to get rid of the frustration.
----------------
Make it count.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 12th 2003, 2:59 am

Kinda sorry to boing this to the top, but i haven't been around much in a long time.

Was this short bit all that came of informing NBC? Image

I very carefully informed a local TV-News consumer advocate of this whole mess sometime late in 2002. I got no response so after a few weeks i sent the information again, and included a note at the top saying i had at least expected an autoreply, or a rejection, or some acknowledgement the first time around, given the type of material.

I got an email back, at last, from the guy who reads the complaints for the guy who does the stories. I had sent the original email before i knew the full details but tried to be as clear and precise as possible.

The gist of his message was: Sorry, i read the complaint, but given the complexity of the whole thing and it's International (*) nature, i don't think it could be covered in a minute and a half!

* He obviously misconstrued what i meant concerning the lunchboxes coming from china, and maybe took into account the customers being from different countries. :roll: I thought i was pretty clear that it was really about Ross and CA. I'm pretty pedantic. After all, this is the third posting for this very message, just so i could add a couple bits and correct some boo-boos. (now 4th)

---

I understand, but i don't like.
I suppose i naively thought he helped more people than were included in his 1 1/2 minute evening news bit once a week. Now i'm extremely underwhelmed with his reports. TV News as a whole gets a Image