When was the last time anyone received a refund?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
smidge
Tino

When was the last time anyone received a refund?

Post by smidge » Aug 3rd 2003, 4:00 am

Should I give up hope? I've been pursuing a refund for a cancellation since last December. My CC company turned me down twice because of the length of time between the charge and the complaint. I filled in the AU refund form I got in the mail, but heard nothing for months until I e-mailed them repeatedly. Except for one e-mail from AU two months ago saying that they have to do refunds in the order they are received, I've heard nothing further. I have filled in the IFCC complaint form, so at least I had the satisfaction of that, but now I'm wondering if the time has passed and that the scant few checks AU sent out a few months ago is it in terms of refunds. Are the rest of us SOL?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Aug 3rd 2003, 10:23 am

Did you report your problem to the NBC reporter who is working on a story about AU.com?

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Aug 5th 2003, 2:54 am

Just out of curiosity, how many people, roughly, still haven't received refunds? I haven't been frequenting this site as often as I had when I was waiting for my DVDs (and for a couple months, the refund), so I've been out of the loop. I pretty much assume I've kissed the extra money I spent for these so-called bonus features/stuff goodbye, so if and when I ever receive anything in addition to the DVD set, I'd be pleasantly surprised. No, I'd be friggin' shocked. But since I don't expect anything, I'm just curious as to how many are still without their money?

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Aug 5th 2003, 9:24 am

According to the last survey, under 10% had received refunds from AU.com althought about 30% did receive refunds from their credit cards under fraud coverage. Another survey is going out this week.

luqa
Frozen Embryo

Post by luqa » Aug 5th 2003, 6:34 pm

I wouldn't hold out any hope for a refund.

I was tripled billed, and ultimately bought the set in a store and cancelled the anotheruniverse order. I did received a refund cheque but it has just bounced and been returned by the bank marked NSF.

I live in Europe and it costs me more than US$20 to deposit a cheque drawn against a US bank. After the triple billing and bounced cheque my cost is $400 and climbing for a DVD which I have not received.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Aug 5th 2003, 8:00 pm

I really don't understand Why Ross Does These Things. I have received about a half-dozen emails from people who had refund checks bounce within the last month or so.

He's already playing with fire, but he has to so totally pissed off former customers that they want nothing less than to destroy his company.

I hope that you will report this incident to the IFCC. It does not matter that you are not in the USA. You may be from abroad, but you were mugged in the USA.

dochogan
Frozen Embryo

more misery

Post by dochogan » Sep 9th 2003, 11:59 am

My refund cheque bounced too. At least I was only double billed. Why didn't they just refund to my credit card?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 9th 2003, 2:24 pm

I hate to say it, but I was waiting for this to happen.

:x

Damn you Ross!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?