What happened at San Diego?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

What happened at San Diego?

Post by andrewgd » Jul 29th 2003, 1:50 am

As an aside, I was invited by Spartacus (of AnotherUniverseSUCKS.org) to attend this year's Comic Convention in San Diego (July 17-20) and hand out anti-AU.com propaganda with them (being done by a comic artist who got dicked by Ross). If you are in the area, let me know and we can try to be there on the same day.
I'd love to hear, since this was going to be a big thrust right at Ross' domain. So far I've heard zilch. So much for AnotherUniverseSucks.org and Spartacus? Or have they just not taken the time to update us?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 29th 2003, 3:49 pm

Huh, I couldn't access the site just now. Odd...

:?:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 29th 2003, 5:33 pm

Jason is at the VSDA (Video Software Dealers Association) Conference in Las Vegas (or I assume he is because he posted something about buying this plane ticket for the conference in the DVD Discoveries thread) so I imagine we won't hear much from him for at least a few more days.

You call it stalking, I call it research.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jul 29th 2003, 5:48 pm

AUsucks hasn't changed in over 20 days now. Last thing was a call for Wade to come forward. I guess spartacus and the other investors in AUsucks are too busy running their own comic book stores.

Of course, the real AU is still "coming soon" I can't wait to see what arrives there!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Greetings from Vegas.

Post by Jason R » Jul 29th 2003, 9:33 pm

VSDA is cool. Vegas is not nearly as scorching as last year. It's more like a sauna and less like a blast furnace. The mountains aren't smoking with forest fires.

Let me tell you what I know about the Comicon. At the last Wondercon in California, Ross did not pay his bill for his booth (despite subletting the booth to several other companies who paid him to share the booth with AU.com --these companies include Next Planet Over/eHobbies).

He was not paid up from the last Wondercon and did not even register to appear at Comicon. It wasn't worth it for me to attend if the trip was going to be a waste, and while Spartacus is closer to San Diego than I am, she decided to concentrate on the upcoming virtual boycott. I'll post more info when I get it.

best
Jason

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 29th 2003, 10:31 pm

Ha, were your ears burning Jason?

:oops:

I speak his name and he appears.

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jul 29th 2003, 10:58 pm

There's nothing to virtually boycott. I think it would have been a better if this could have been taken right to his doorstep and the industry.

I didn't expect Jason to go, but definitely Spartacus...

...oh well.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Re: Greetings from Vegas.

Post by GaryEA » Jul 30th 2003, 1:11 am

Jason R wrote:Let me tell you what I know about the Comicon. At the last Wondercon in California, Ross did not pay his bill for his booth (despite subletting the booth to several other companies who paid him to share the booth with AU.com --these companies include Next Planet Over/eHobbies).
This is not sarcasm... he scammed more people?!

:shock:

Gary

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jul 30th 2003, 5:05 am

Yes, the organizers of Wondercon, eHobbies (six figure default judgment recently issued against AU.com), the CMIH investors, EasyDVD investors and investors in a facial recognition technology company.

Not to mention about a dozen freelances and contractors. And that's not counting distributors or suppliers.

Spartacus
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Spartacus » Jul 30th 2003, 3:24 pm

Au contraire, there is a lot to boycott.

I posted a new message from an AU employee at http://www.anotheruniversesucks.org (we also now took over the anotheruniversesucks.com name from AU when it expired.

Ross Rojek has been working to establish a new source for comic books, and he has done this with a general distributor, which sells into stores like newsstands and supermarkets. According to AU employees, they will again start to receive comic books (for the first time in over 6 months) next week.

Of course, Rojek has lied to his employees before, so there is no guarantee that this is anything other than a pipedream on his part. He did say, after all, that the new AU would be launched a month ago.

I was going to attend Comicon, but I wanted to avoid the appearance of "kicking a man when he is down." Especially since he did not even attend. However, I will absolutely be his shadow at any events that he does attend.