A *little* matter about the existence of a bonus disc.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 9th 2003, 5:47 pm

ROFL! I should make that cranky guy my avatar! Too funny!

:D

Gary

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Jul 9th 2003, 6:58 pm

While I bailed on AU when it was clear they weren't going to deliver, I still fronted them $100 for most of a year, and would like at least the opportunity to get the bonus disc.

I would urge BF to make the material nonexclusive, then if MSCL.com could come up with some additional interviews or whatever, the fans who decided not to let Ross continue screwing them could at least get what we all chipped in for.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 9th 2003, 8:28 pm

It took me a while, but I just figured out Lance quit the forum... the way you wrote that I thought he had passed to the afterlife. Serves me right for keeping my nose stuck in the off-topic forum. We miss you Lance!
Nothingman wrote: (In loving memory of Lance)

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jul 9th 2003, 11:05 pm

It's been my thought for a while now that the fan base should produce the disc (I posted something similar a while back). In addition to the material that was supposed to exist (the interviews, etc) I would love to know about the outtakes and behind the scenes snippets that were briefly shown on "Brilliant but Cancelled". Obviously that footage came from somewhere. And frankly, what could the worth or value of that be, other than too hardcore fans. I would like to see that film pursued, perhaps a new interview with a willing cast member, plus whatever can be salvaged from the So-Called Bonus Disc.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 10th 2003, 5:05 am

I'm a little bit lost... Are Grafik the lunchbox people or the Bonus Disc people? I know, my memory is going...

I emailed Grafik a while ago asking if they would be prepared to circumvent AU and RR and sell directly to the fans, but I never got a response.

I'd definitely be in support, at this stage, of galvanising an initiative to try and get the bonus materials to the fans around the blot on the landscape that is Ross. Although I am a bit conscious of the fact that people who paid far more than me and were never refunded etc still don't have what they paid for, I think nobody is ever going to see those materials unless we do something.

This is just a thought, but could we get more discs pressed than we know we need, sell them on ebay and use the proceeds to refund people who never saw their money back from AU or their CC company or whatever?

People who ordered from AU, paid over the odds and received the boxset could get the bonus disc for nada. The rest of us who ordered elsewhere could be asked to pay for the disc if we want one.

Really, I'm just chucking out ideas here - I have no idea how any of this would work in practice.

It seems it would be reasonably easy for someone to get the nonexclusive right to produce and sell the disks...

:?:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jul 10th 2003, 7:20 pm

Here's the latest from BF:

"Hi Jason,

I have been in contact with Ross and he has supposedly shipped out the copies that were promised to us (with the bonus disc and lunchbox to be included in a later shipment.

Our license agreement with Ross entitles him to unlimited use of the bonus materials as long as it is packaged with the MSCL box set. Hopefully he will fulfill his obligations to the fans and this unfortunate situation will be handled."

i just sent an email back asking if BF would consider allowing streaming or downloading of the interview at no charge. i figure if it can be done, fans could organize themselves to make vcds or dvds for each other. don't know what the answer will be, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Jul 29th 2003, 4:50 pm

When I ordered, the offer included the bonus disk, IIR. Rojek sat on my money until I pressured him into a refund. Can I somehow get a copy of the bonus disk?

-Kassandra
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 30th 2003, 4:12 am

special_k wrote:When I ordered, the offer included the bonus disk, IIR. Rojek sat on my money until I pressured him into a refund. Can I somehow get a copy of the bonus disk?
The bonus disc hasn't been shipped to any customer yet.