Spoke to Ross on the phone....

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 7th 2003, 11:43 pm

That email doesn't means jack until I hear that AU, or whatever it's calling itself now, is going to finally finish refunding customers. Done. Over. Every penny refunded.

Ross wants to wrap it up? So do a lot of people here who have been scammed. Do it right and get it the hell over with.

Gary

p.s. Double DVD set for the bonus disc? Oh please - in the same paragraph, he says that one interview is ready, but another is still delayed. Who's to say the R&T interview will ever get signed off on?

:evil:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jul 7th 2003, 11:49 pm

rule of thumb: If Ross said it, it's not true.

ingramje
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ingramje » Jul 8th 2003, 9:32 am

The e-mail sent regarding the DVD's is just blowing smoke up our a$$es. How can a reputable/legitimate company send out an email to customers from an email address like freakbiscuit@yahoo.com. Something more business like would seem appropriate. But then again, reputable, legitimate, appropriate and business like are not words that come to mind when referring to AU. :roll:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jul 8th 2003, 10:19 am

typically when you spoof an email address (and you cannot send thousands of emails from yahoo, so it was spoofed by their mass mail program), you do it so that people cannot respond to the email.

i have no doubt that the email went out to throw off their scent. the emails have been amazingly consistent in one sense. If they said it, it's probably not true.

last month ross wrote me saying that the lunchbox manufacturer went out of business. suddenly the lunchboxes are on ship from hong kong. if you are going to lie, for heaven's sake, be consistent about it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 8th 2003, 1:39 pm

Jason R wrote:last month ross wrote me saying that the lunchbox manufacturer went out of business. suddenly the lunchboxes are on ship from hong kong. if you are going to lie, for heaven's sake, be consistent about it.
I am in NO WAY advocating lying, cheating, or stealing, but for crying out loud - if you're going to do it, at least do it the smart way - consistently. This reminds me of the kids in high school who thought they were so smart for cheating on test via the stupidest means possible (writing the answers on their hands, opening the book during the test - I kid you not) and then got caught. Every time I saw it happen, I shook my head and thought how they were too stupid to even cheat well.

:roll:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jul 15th 2003, 3:47 am

GaryEA wrote:That email doesn't means jack until I hear that AU, or whatever it's calling itself now, is going to finally finish refunding customers. Done. Over. Every penny refunded.
I will never get every penny back. My refund left me without about 8 bucks caused by the currency change. But I'll be satisfied with that until everyone else get their refunds. And I've talked to some advicers in my country and they all say I just shouldn't have trusted AU and that Internet-shopping is a risky buziness. So I'm sorry to say I'm not a strong fighter. I rather forget about this one and try not to make the same mistake twice. But I really really hope for everyone else to get their money back.
----------------
Make it count.

vampyr
Tino

Post by vampyr » Jul 21st 2003, 3:09 am

Jason R wrote:typically when you spoof an email address (and you cannot send thousands of emails from yahoo, so it was spoofed by their mass mail program), you do it so that people cannot respond to the email.
I've looked over the headers of my saved copy of the "My So-Called Life Update" email from Colleen McNiece. They say it was sent from freakbiscuit@[207.212.74.99], which was an ADSL login to 66.163.168.187 - an IP that does, in fact, belong to Yahoo!.

As far as I know, it is extremely difficult to forge IP addresses, so if this was AU faking us out, they're good. Absent any further information, I would conclude that this really is from Colleen McNiece of Sacramento, California. (I have to assume it is not from Colleen McNiece in either Las Vegas or Phoenix.)

Whether Colleen McNiece actually works for AU, speaks for the company, or speaks the truth, I cannot assess. I could easily be convinced that AU failed to pay their ISP and she was forced to use her Yahoo! account to send it, or that she simply didn't think about what she was doing when she sent it.

In any case, it appears to be authentic. She may be just anybody and have no idea. It is also quite possible that this is the actual sender of the email. She may actually know something. Alternately, she may be, and I would so assume, nothing more than a pawn of Lucifer himself. (Aka "RR".)

She likely has no power over the situation anyway. Doing so will merely alienate someone who might be tempted to assist us in our quest for knowledge. In fact, I would say the forum should elect a representative to gather what data may be gathered. (Candygirl would be my nomination, if anyone were to ask.)

Thus concludes the relatively meaningful portion of our post. For the truly and masochistically curious, some elaboration on the meaning of the IPs: They claim that at login time, the IP of Colleen's computer was 207.212.74.99. (That value likely changes from login to login, hence does not apply to her now.) Her computer connected to Yahoo! at IP 66.163.168.187 to send this email.

moderator note: edited to remove personal contact information

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Jul 21st 2003, 2:30 pm

Colleen indeed works (or worked) for the group at one time, and the freakbiscuit ID at Yahoo was her valid email account.