State of CA Department of Justice

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
jenna
Frozen Embryo

State of CA Department of Justice

Post by jenna » Jun 21st 2003, 3:24 pm

Imagine how surprised I was to see this letter in my mailbox this morning! I filed with the IFCC a few weeks ago and today I get this letter from the Dept. of Justice in CA. It's from Attorney General Bill Lockyer, and it basically says they're investigating AU.com and they are taking my complaint seriously. This is just some hope for those of us who thought we were filling out the form for nothing, no, they are indeed investigating them. Did anyone else get this letter? I can type it up in it's entirety, but it's pretty vague, as they can't discuss any actual pending investigations.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 21st 2003, 5:12 pm

Thanks for the news! Its nice to hear someone got something in writing about this, even if it is vague...

Perhaps they won't do this if you don't live in the state? I don't remember having heard of anyone else getting a written response.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 21st 2003, 5:28 pm

Without getting into too many details, you are not alone.

But, by all means, get your complaints in if you haven't done it yet. As I said earlier on, restitution might be the only chance of getting money back.

Todd B.
Tino

Post by Todd B. » Jun 22nd 2003, 2:35 am

I got a letter (sounds like the same one jenna got), from the CA AG too. I live in Hawaii. I filed my complaint with the FBI a couple weeks ago.

It says "The California Attorney General's Office, Public Inquiry Unit has recently received your consumer complaint which was referred to us by another agency."

tpfarr
Frozen Embryo

Just got off the phone....

Post by tpfarr » Jun 24th 2003, 2:46 pm

I just received a call from the Maryland attorney generals office that my complaint that was filed a few weeks ago was being processed and passed on to the California AG office.

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Me Too!

Post by Benebula98 » Jun 25th 2003, 1:03 am

Hey!
I got a letter too a few months back, so its good to know they are actually doing something.
*BEN*