Ross Rojek and AU STILL SUCK!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Ross Rojek and AU STILL SUCK!

Post by andrewgd » Jun 6th 2003, 7:10 pm

In honor of the 10000th post on this forum, I'm starting a new thread to bash him in...

One will note that they are no longer selling the Twilight Zone set. I'd love to see if ANY customers were able to get ahold of that.

You'll also note he's still selling the "Lunchbox edition" of MSCL. Unforuntately, its been a year and a half since customers have paid for this item, and it still hasn't actually shown up.

He's also trying to cash in on the Hulk. Unforunately, his comics are at least 5 months behind.

What a freakin' lame-o crook. I'd imagine he's cried himself to sleep on a number occations, worrying when it'll all catch up to him.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 6th 2003, 8:29 pm

On that note, the mass mail just went out. Asking every single customer to report a complaint to the IFCC. 3,000 emails went out. It is useful to note that per a specific agency, I was <b>not</b> discouraged from doing this.

Here is the text. Be sure to send Ross a copy at ross@comicshop.net. He had prior warning that unless he gave the status of the bonus materials, that this was going out.

------------------------------------

Hello,

First, this email does not include a survey. The purpose of this email is to ask you to consider filing a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center if you have not already done so. http://www.ifccfbi.gov

The My So-Called Life DVD pre-orders from AnotherUniverse.com began in February 2002, and it is hard to believe that 16 months have passed and we are still waiting for AnotherUniverse.com to deliver the bonus discs and lunchboxes that were part of the so-called "lunchbox edition," and their justification for charging nearly 2x the price offered by other retailers. The way many customers see it (from the emails I have received), AnotherUniverse.com owes them either the bonus items, or the difference in cost between the collectors edition and the regular retail version of the DVD box set.

Amazingly, the AU.com Web site still states that the lunchboxes and bonus discs shipped in December. I continue to receive emails from new customers who wonder why they have not received everything that they were promised.

I also get emails from customers who wonder why law enforcement seems to not care. I am not at liberty to write about my discussions with the law enforcement agencies that may or may not be involved in investigations of AU.com's business practices. I can only strongly hint that your IFCC complaints DO INDEED make a difference.

You might feel that you have wasted enough time on this ordeal, and I admit that it might take an additional 15 minutes to complete the IFCC form. However, I honestly believe that AnotherUniverse.com is betting that most customers won't speak up.

So, in closing, the purpose of this email is to ask you to consider filing a complaint with the IFCC if:

1) You are still due any sort of refund from AU.com at all.
2) You paid for the Lunchbox and Bonus disc edition and did not receive them (note: I realize that this is virtually everybody).

I intend to stick with this until every dollar is returned to customers, and until all customers receive what they were promised. If you no longer wish to receive these updates, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email, and you will be removed from the list immediately.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to write to me at rosenfeld@drygrass.com. If you are waiting for a response to an earlier email, rest assured that I am working my way through them and you will receive a response. The next mass mail will include a survey and you will have a chance to indicate whether you filed a complaint. Individual data will not be shared, but I will publish the aggregate survey results.

Warm Regards,

Jason Rosenfeld
Managing Partner
Dry Grass Partners, LLC

You are receiving this email because someone, probably you, purchased the My So-Called Life DVD boxset from AnotherUniverse.com.

To unsubscribe, reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject or simply click on the following link:

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Jun 7th 2003, 3:32 am

Jason R wrote:On that note, the mass mail just went out. Asking every single customer to report a complaint to the IFCC.
Jason, I already filed a complaint long ago about being double charged. I guess I already mentioned the lunchbox/bonus disc disaster. In the meantime I got a refund (last fall). Now: do you suggest to file a new complaint or is it possible to update the old one?

thanks for your help
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 7th 2003, 9:29 am

I believe that you can amend a complaint. When you submitted your complaint they probably sent you a login and password.
mephisto wrote:
Jason R wrote:On that note, the mass mail just went out. Asking every single customer to report a complaint to the IFCC.
Jason, I already filed a complaint long ago about being double charged. I guess I already mentioned the lunchbox/bonus disc disaster. In the meantime I got a refund (last fall). Now: do you suggest to file a new complaint or is it possible to update the old one?

thanks for your help