ABSOLUTELY no progress with lunchboxes or bonus DVD.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

ABSOLUTELY no progress with lunchboxes or bonus DVD.

Post by Jason R » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:34 pm

EDIT: I would like to add that at this time, it does not appear as though there will ever be a resolution of the bonus material issue. You may want to consider filing an IFCC complaint, if you have not already done so.

According to Ross:

"Dean has been promising for 3 weeks that the lunchboxes will ship any day." (jason's note: yeah, i'm sure. I forwarded Ross's email to GWhiz to check.)

"The interview is edited and mastered." (jason's note: That's funny. You don't master anything until you have all of your content. But of course, that's just me.) :shock:

"The MTVR stuff still needs some more clearances." (Jason's note: Ummm, hello Ross? I don't know quite how to break it to you, but it's now April. 14 months after the product went on sale. I suspect the clearance he is referring to is the clearance of a CHECK from AU.com to the museum.)

Anyway, we all know Ross is a bozo. Here is my recent email exchange with him. (censored for delicate minds). It flows backwards, and at the begining of the exchange he refers to the list of 200 additional rippsed off customers. Remind me to tell you something about that too.

------------------------------------------
Ross,

What is there to check on? You are such a f---ing bald-faced liar, it's pathetic. Now it's all coming back to haunt you. I'm calling the Museum of TV and Radio next.

This is going to be good.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 1:01 PM
To: rosenfeld@drygrass.com
Subject: RE: Follow up

Well I'll check with them on it.

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 9:54 AM
To: 'Ross Rojek'

I find it hard to believe. Bedford Falls is SEETHING with anger. They never got their DVDs, f---head.

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 12:49 PM

Dean has been promising for 3 weeks that the lunchboxes will ship any day.

The interview is edited and mastered.

The MTVR stuff still needs some more clearances.

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 5:18 PM
To: 'Ross Rojek'

Mass mail going out tomorrow stating that there is obviously no bonus material, as you did not answer the simple question posed many times. I am instructing all who have not already done so to report to the IFCC.

It does not have to be this way.

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 7:10 PM
Subject: Follow up

Out of the 200 you sent, there were 6 duplicates and several that have already been dealt with in one way or another. Any without comments will be sent a claim form.
Last edited by Jason R on Apr 22nd 2003, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john
Nicky Driscoll

Post by john » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:54 pm

Jason, that link for the IFCC doesn't work. Use this one... http://www1.ifccfbi.gov

Its a good thing I live 3000 miles away from Ross... :twisted:

john
Nicky Driscoll

Post by john » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:02 pm

Do I file a complaint against Ross or AU? I'm doing it now and its asking me am I filing a complaint against a business or individual.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:04 pm

Against AU. Cross reference my own complaint: I02101510303033
john wrote:Do I file a complaint against Ross or AU? I'm doing it now and its asking me am I filing a complaint against a business or individual.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: ABSOLUTELY no progress with lunchboxes or bonus DVD.

Post by phelix » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:55 pm

Jason R wrote: According to Ross:

"The MTVR stuff still needs some more clearances." (Jason's note: Ummm, hello Ross? I don't know quite how to break it to you, but it's now April. 14 months after the product went on sale. I suspect the clearance he is referring to is the clearance of a CHECK from AU.com to the museum.)
While not directly related to the above, it brings up an interesting question. When does Ross's rights to sell this stuff expire?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 22nd 2003, 5:08 pm

BMG's rights expire in June (according to them), but Ross can sell these DVDs forever. However, I think he is taking his chances by offering bonus material that doesn't exist. It does not appear that he has any of the rights for any of the bonus disc material, and if he had a shred of decency in him, he would not be offering it.

phelix wrote:
Jason R wrote: According to Ross:

While not directly related to the above, it brings up an interesting question. When does Ross's rights to sell this stuff expire?

Todd B.
Tino

Post by Todd B. » Apr 22nd 2003, 6:30 pm

Here's my own exchange with Customer Service. Nothing new.
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003
From: Customer Service <customerservice@anotheruniverse.com>
To: x
Subject: Re: (#ord#) Order Inquiry

Dear x,

We have no new update at this time regarding Lunchboxes or Bonus disks. We
apologize and as soon as we have an new information we will pass it along.

Customer Service
Another Universe

----- Original Message -----
To: Customer Service <customerservice@anotheruniverse.com>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003
Subject: (#ord#) Order Inquiry

> Phone:
>
> Order No: x
>
> Hi,
>
> I paid for this order over a year ago, and it still hasn't been completed.
When can I expect to get my lunchboxes and bonus DVD's?
>
> Todd
>
>

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 22nd 2003, 6:39 pm

Nice to know that AU's customer service is as knowledgeable as ever.

Talk about informative!

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 23rd 2003, 1:33 pm

Jason R wrote:BMG's rights expire in June (according to them), but Ross can sell these DVDs forever.
Just wondering - how long can the other retailers continue to sell the sets?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 23rd 2003, 1:37 pm

until they run out of supply. unless you are AU.com, in which case you'd probably keep taking orders for it.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 23rd 2003, 1:39 pm

Jason R wrote:until they run out of supply. unless you are AU.com, in which case you'd probably keep taking orders for it.
Hopefully they will, then a nice big corporation can come down and finally get some ground covered on the trek to sending Ross Rojek to jail...oh yeah, that's right. I forgot he doesn't work there anymore :roll:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 23rd 2003, 2:21 pm

You know, for somebody who claims to not work there anymore, I sure do get a shitload of emails from him.

Oh yeah, the press release said he's "assisting the transition." That's PR-speak for "stealing the company from under the noses of investors."

I tried to warn those guys. Talk about talking to a wall. Check it out.

http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boar ... read=23898
http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boar ... read=23972

I could try to claim to be a psychic, but I'm not. Ross is just such a dumbass that he told me his plans because he figured I wouldn't say anything for as long as he owed me money.

Now, did I turn on him because it was the right thing to do, or because I realized that a promise from him was like a handshake with a heroine junky?

I don't know. I'd like to claim it is 100% because it was the right thing to do, but it is more likely a little of both. It is also the fact that I will not be 100% comfortable marketing other products until I know that this is resolved.

I don't sell products. I sell customers to companies who sell products.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Apr 23rd 2003, 10:24 pm

Why is he even still answering your e-mails? More idle promises from Ross is more incriminating than silence, because there could always be the possibility that he's been paralyzed and can no longer answer e-mails.

By the way, can this Museum of TV and Radio interview be accessed at the actual museum? I'll be in Manhattan next month and maybe I'll check the place out.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 23rd 2003, 11:06 pm

Incidentally, thanks to whoever sent me the "I Hate Ross" bumper sticker. While I don't put bumper stickers on my car, it now hangs proudly on my office door.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 24th 2003, 9:21 am

Jason R wrote:Incidentally, thanks to whoever sent me the "I Hate Ross" bumper sticker. While I don't put bumper stickers on my car, it now hangs proudly on my office door.
Can you market that? Because I would love one.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."