FULL UPDATE PLEASE!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

FULL UPDATE PLEASE!

Post by Pedro » Apr 15th 2003, 7:14 am

Okay, I still check this site every few weeks to see if any of Ross's promises have materialised, but there if so much information to shift through that it drives me mad. The FAQ's haven't been updated for months and i'm STILL out of pocket with refernce to my lunchbox and Bonus DVD.

I DO NOT want a refund - I want the lunchbox and DVD extras!
Can somebody please post a reply explaining EXACTLY where we are all up to with this mess....thanks guys!

Where are the lunchboxes? What is happening to them? Where is the bonus DVD? Why have we stil not got them? Is anybody on their back? Can anything be done? Can we get the lunchboxes sent straight to our addresses from G-Whiz rather than via Ross? (and get G-Whiz to bill him - or us individually)

Why does it seem like he's getting away with it???????????????????????????
:twisted:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 15th 2003, 11:19 am

First things first, the refunds that people are "getting" are not in place of the lunhcbox or the bonus disc. A few people have gotten refunds for the double charges and cancellations, we will see if any others get more (including myself).

Lunchboxes are sitting in a warehouse somewhere still AFAIK, I think G Whiz is still waiting on something from Ross. I would say that puts them in limbo status.

Bonus disc, no one has a clue. I am sure it is non-existant at this time, and I doubt we will ever see one. I don't think anyone has confirmed or denied at this point if the Museum of TV and Radio was ever paid for anything, and I am almost positive the interviews weren't paid for.

There is still a slight hope in my mind that we may see the lunchboxes eventually, though I don't know how Ross will afford to ship them out. :roll:

Why does it seem like he is getting away with it?

'Cause he is, sadly.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 15th 2003, 2:38 pm

If there was a bonus disc, it would be in Rojek's best interest to let it be known. Otherwise, it's safe to assume he blew that too.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Apr 17th 2003, 8:48 am

Ross had told me 3 weeks before the shipping that the DVD was almost completed, but only the autoring part ( which was almost completed, but a few details were missing )

On the actual printing of the DVD and a few signatures were left...

I told him GREAT ! Then send it with the DVD...

However, he replied he couldn't garantee it, and it would slow down the delivery process.

Also, he said he was going to pick up the DVDs himself from BMG, which would prevent him from attendending to the signature.

Plus, he wanted to ship the bonus disk with the lunchbox, so he would start shipping those about 1 week after the last delivery, if the lunchbox were in.

He said the bonus disk was almost authored, so I guess it does exist. If he said it, it must be true, right ???

Right ???

And they are shipping soon, I garantee it, since Ross said he would. If he said it, it must be true, right ???

Right ???

Oh, and he had also told me the lunch boxes were paid in full. If he said it, it must be true, right ???

Right ???

And he would refund everyone one he had time to ship all the order. If he said it, it must be true, right ???

Right ???

Ross sold another universe to someone else. If he said it, it must be true, right ???

Right ???

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 17th 2003, 9:44 am

You know, I was once going to tell you that I thought you were too soft on Ross.

Glad to see that's not the case. You sound like me.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Apr 17th 2003, 2:28 pm

Jason, just because I apparently behaved like a naive young boy doesn't mean I am...

I was trying to show Ross that someone still believed in him, just in case he was simple clumsy and had stopped posting because of all the s**t he was receiving.

Well, at somepoint it was like that. Originally, I still believed there was a chance... Then I was naive, but then again, so were you !

But we both wisened up since...

BTW: Do you still wake up in the middle of the thing to have more time to hate him ?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 17th 2003, 3:10 pm

I'd say we were naive except for the fact that I don't think that most people actually believe that POS, sociopathic, serial conmen actually exist.

As far as the wake-up part you mentioned. I've moved on to other projects, but I still spend a substantial amount of time holding him accountable and hounding his company. I want him to pay. Monetarily and otherwise.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 17th 2003, 3:18 pm

I always appreciated MartinPierre's effort. I knew Ross was lying, but I think it was better to know that it was at least on his mind. Right now NOTHING is coming out from AU. For all we know, they've dropped everything about this and are moving on. When I heard Ross' communications with MartinPierre, I knew at least it was some priority. Even if it was all lies, there was still the effort to make the lies.

So, even if it didn't put us in any other position than the recieving end of Ross' hairy member, we knew we still had his attention. (Blargh!)
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

CheapWallpaper
Nicky Driscoll

Post by CheapWallpaper » Apr 17th 2003, 4:08 pm

Rather bizarrely i finally got my refund form last week. So *something* is happening :P

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Apr 17th 2003, 4:47 pm

It's been about two weeks now since I received my refund cheque from AU, and it looks like it has cleared. I think i'm safe in saying that I am through w/ AU and it's all over now, for me... Good luck to everyone else!
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 17th 2003, 8:03 pm

CheapWallpaper wrote:Rather bizarrely i finally got my refund form last week. So *something* is happening :P
While that is a tiny plus, when was the last time that you heard anything about the Bonus disk or lunchbox from AU? Sure the "new" AU is showing minimal effort about refunds, but absolutely ZERO has been said about outstanding product. Hell, their website still states that the bonus material will ship *last* December.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Martin

Post by lance » Apr 18th 2003, 10:31 am

andrewgd wrote:I always appreciated MartinPierre's effort. I knew Ross was lying, but I think it was better to know that it was at least on his mind. Right now NOTHING is coming out from AU. For all we know, they've dropped everything about this and are moving on. When I heard Ross' communications with MartinPierre, I knew at least it was some priority. Even if it was all lies, there was still the effort to make the lies.

So, even if it didn't put us in any other position than the recieving end of Ross' hairy member, we knew we still had his attention. (Blargh!)
Let me add a big ditto.

Martin,

In the past I was critical of your hopeful and optimistic attitude about AU's promises. Since then though I have seen the great lengths you have gone to get to help the rest of us here at the forum. Thanks very much for continuing your efforts in attempting to glean ANY credible information from Mr. Rojek. I know it has got to be frustrating listening to the latest empty promises that he makes, but some of us here at the forum do appreciate your effort.

Thanks.

Lance Man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 18th 2003, 8:58 pm

Last night, I sent Ross an email telling him to give the status of the bonus items. I told him if I did not receive a response, I would assume that there is no bonus disc, etc.

No response just yet. If there is no response by tomorrow, email me at dvd@drygrass.com and I will give you a working phone number where you can ask him yourself.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 19th 2003, 12:43 am

Jason R wrote:I will give you a working phone number where you can ask him yourself.
This should get interesting...

:)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 19th 2003, 11:05 am

Still no response. Email me, and you can call him yourself.

However, I did learn an interesting little tidbit.

You see, Ross never gave the comp DVDs to the folks at Bedford Falls (Can the guy possibly be any more of a dick? I think not!) and that was ALL they asked for in return for their participation in the interviews. He didn't have to even pay them any money.

In other words, if he has not already received their permission to use the interview for the bonus disc... how do I put this.... oh yeah, "if he didn't already get their signatures, he's pretty f---king screwed."