New Email from AU 4/8/03

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

New Email from AU 4/8/03

Post by andrewgd » Apr 8th 2003, 5:52 pm

Dear MSCL Customer,

On January 31st 2003 Another Universe sent out an email regarding the MSCL Refund Claim Form. You replied to this email requesting the form be sent to you and one was mailed. As of today's date our logs show that this form has not been returned. If you have just recently received from us or have recently sent your form back to Another Universe please disregard this email. If you have yet to fill out and return the form please do so at you earliest convenience

Thank you for your assistance in filling out this form and returning it to us.

Another Universe
I sent mine off a few days ago.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Georgia
Tino

Post by Georgia » Apr 9th 2003, 4:34 am

i got this email too, but i never requested a refund form, and never got one in the mail.

after about 16 emails to every address i could find to change my snail and email addresses, i got a form response, telling me i would be receiving a claim form real soon. this was followed by an email telling me my request had been logged, and to check my records and stop emailing them. finally got a response confirming my new addresses had been updated in their db.

:roll:

so maybe i don't believe them, but at least i got it in writing.

and now, i'm sorta regretting not trying for a refund, even thought i was one of the lucky ones, and got the bloody set (and only paid once). :twisted:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 9th 2003, 12:49 pm

I did reply to the email and request a form, but did not recieve it, nor did I not get this email from AU.

Me thinks Ross is still sore over the Infomercial Man stuff :)

Tapp_Darden
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tapp_Darden » Apr 9th 2003, 2:55 pm

did you send it to the right email address?

I sent it to one of the two that they said to send it to. but only after i sent it to the other one did I get logged and sent my refund form

I wonder why they are so worried about ppl not sending in fefund request forms?? cant wait to pay us alll back? HA

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 9th 2003, 4:12 pm

Tapp_Darden wrote:I wonder why they are so worried about ppl not sending in fefund request forms?? cant wait to pay us alll back? HA
Tis all smoke and mirrors my friend.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 9th 2003, 4:21 pm

Not counting the people who already replied to the emails and are waiting for forms, as of this morning, I had collected another 182 emails of people who never received the first email.

I gave AU until the end of today to contact them. If I don't start getting emails from customers, or if I don't see posts here by tonight saying that people got the emails, I will email those 182 with a copy of the original AU email form, as well as instructions on submitting a complaint to the IFCC.

You see, I sincerely doubt that AU wil refund the money, but I am hoping that a written acknowledgement of any sort might help people who try to resubmit a chargeback to their credit cards.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Apr 9th 2003, 4:56 pm

Tapp_Darden wrote: I wonder why they are so worried about ppl not sending in fefund request forms?? cant wait to pay us alll back? HA
Due diligence of course. That way, in a courtroot, Ross can point to these emails and say he had made a "good-faith" effort to refund people's money. He's just going through the motions to create evidence in his favor.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Apr 9th 2003, 5:15 pm

Me thinks Ross is still sore over the Infomercial Man stuff
Why? We gave him free publicity, along with a snazzy suit and tie (as seen in the photo).

Seems like a win-win deal to me. :D

Gary

ps. "Ross Rojek Fund"...lol! Must be for his bail money...

Machiavelli
Frozen Embryo

Post by Machiavelli » Apr 14th 2003, 8:18 pm

I sent my form off a couple of weeks ago and I didn't get this e-mail, so hopefully that means they received it!

Has anyone from the UK received a refund yet by sending the form back?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 15th 2003, 3:29 am

Hmm, I think someone is still reading this board.

I post on here about not getting my form in the mail, and put up my favorite portrait of Ross on the 9th, lo and behold today in the mailbox is my form.

I didn't check the postmark date, but I am guessing it was the 10th. ;)

Hi Ross! Image

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 15th 2003, 6:39 am

Why fix everyone's problems when you can just fix the ones of people making a stink on a message board?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 15th 2003, 11:12 am

Jason R wrote:Why fix everyone's problems when you can just fix the ones of people making a stink on a message board?
Exactly...

So I checked the postmark on the way out the door this morning, and yep it was the 10th. What a coinky dink... :roll:

So Jason, do you need anything to alter your survey? Or will you be doing another one in the future?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 15th 2003, 12:52 pm

Jason R wrote:Why fix everyone's problems when you can just fix the ones of people making a stink on a message board?
Sadly this appears to be the case.

Lance Man

henrik
Nicky Driscoll

Post by henrik » Apr 15th 2003, 1:19 pm

lance wrote:
Sadly this appears to be the case.
Yes - and it makes me so angry! Ok, I have got my money back, but I want EVERYONE to be refunded. Grrr!

Those of us that have gotten our money back have obviously been used by Rojek in an attempt to generate good publicity. I wish I hadn't posted that I've received (part of) my refund.

(...and now I did it again)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 15th 2003, 2:40 pm

Don't worry about it, the survey results are so incredibly abysmal, that I believe it succeeds in making him look even scummier than he is.

And that's pretty friggin' scummy, my friends.