New survey sent out.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
henrik
Nicky Driscoll

Post by henrik » Apr 13th 2003, 5:37 am

Jason: Exact!

I'll be low-profile until I'm sure that the cheque they sent me cleared.

Then I will contact them again to claim the rest of the money they owe me - interest rates, overcharge/overdraft charges and the costs for returning the request form to them.

I won't give up until they have refunded every cent that they have cost me.

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Apr 13th 2003, 11:57 am

Kriddyboo... I'm thrilled that you got your money back. Really, I am. And in most of life's situations, optimism is a good idea.

But what I've learned in this situation is that optimism (in terms of looking at Ross's actions in a positive light and hoping for the best) won't get me personally anywhere. I want the 200 dollars back that was stolen from me. I want it badly... there's a lot that I could do with that money. But, even if I got it back today (which I won't, I've pretty much accepted the fact that it is gone forever), it wouldn't make me think of Ross in any more of a positive way. He is full of s**t, his company is full of s**t. We were used, we were stolen from. Look at us, sitting here over a YEAR after many of us preordered. Ross has decided to give a few people their money back meanwhile denying anything from people like me who he has probably labelled "sucker" on some stupid F*cking list that he has. And he's right... I was a sucker. For over a year I have believed his lies. I have talked to Wade on the phone and listened to that asshole reassure me and make me feel guilty for getting angry because he sounded so nice. We were all suckers. We were all desperate for the DVDs... because we loved a show and wanted to enjoy it for the rest of our lives. Ross knew that... he took advantage of that... he fucked us all over, whether or not you got your money back. I'm sorry, but that's not something to be thankful for. That is something to be angry about. It is only good in the sense that you got your money and that others are getting their money. I have nothing but happiness for those that are that fortunate... but my point is that YES, you are fortunate... you are LUCKY. Please don't give Ross any credit. He doesn't deserve anything more than a pile of all of our feces delivered to his doorstep and shoved down his throat.
"Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 13th 2003, 12:32 pm

I'm going to steal things from everyone I know, and then in over a year from now, I am going to wrap it up and give it to them as a gift. It's the same thing. Money that is stolen for long enough is eventually written off as a loss. When you get a check it is like found money.

Someone like Ross is only able to get away with what he does because he understands human nature is to trust others and assume that other people have the best intentions. It is a very parasitical behavior. It uses our tendency to trust others to steal from us.

I had a chance to read what other people who have worked with Ross said to Michael Dean in The Comics Journal. The saddest and most ironic part of the whole story (probably, owing to the fact that I was in a similar situation) was this guy named Paul Harrington. Despite not being paid 9 months salary when he ran one of Ross's failed web outfits (although he was still taken for less than I was), he was still trying to justify Ross's behavior to the reporter. He STILL said that he felt that Ross was misunderstood and that Ross didn't mean to hurt other people. He still believed that now. years later, Ross would stop stringing him along and pay him everything that he owes him.

Since that article was published, I have been contacted by several others who were in the same boat. They all more-or-less said that Ross is still up to his old games but that they are now of a larger scale than they were when he was just running a single comic store.

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Apr 13th 2003, 8:47 pm

henrik wrote:Jason: Exact!

I'll be low-profile until I'm sure that the cheque they sent me cleared.

Then I will contact them again to claim the rest of the money they owe me - interest rates, overcharge/overdraft charges and the costs for returning the request form to them.

I won't give up until they have refunded every cent that they have cost me.
I'm glad to see that you are still persuing every cent they owe you. Good luck to you.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"