Message for Ross w/ lunchbox update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Mar 25th 2003, 5:08 pm

i really don't care about a lunchbox -- it was a good idea, but it's kinda childish and i have no place for it

i just want the bonus DVD

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Mar 25th 2003, 5:51 pm

shadowkewl wrote:it was a good idea, but it's kinda childish
That, my friend, was the point. And at least we know the luncboxes exist, albeit on another continent.

To the best of my knowledge, the bonus disc does not yet exist. From the looks of it, it probably won't unless Ross is threatened into providing it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 25th 2003, 5:56 pm

shadowkewl wrote:i just want the bonus DVD
The chances of AU sending out the non-existent bonus DVD on its own is next to none, not only because it is still a figment of our imaginations but also because AU doesn't have the money to send them to us. I have a feeling the bonus stuff will be all or nothing, and I'm leaning towards nothing - AU doesn't have the money to pay for the rights to the footage or the money to press all the discs.

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Mar 30th 2003, 3:41 am

Bloody hell. I want my lunch box.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Mar 30th 2003, 3:15 pm

It should be noted that the longer AU holds out, the less likely anyone will have any recourse through their credit card companies. Don't be too surprised to hear a "sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control, we have cancelled the bonus items" out of Ross when all hope at a credit card solution is long passed, if it hasn't already. As long as he doesn't announce another release date, he can pretty much walk away from this. Time is on his side.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Apr 3rd 2003, 8:47 pm

I want the lunchbox, the DVD, and all the other bits and pieces Ross promised!

I always include a reminder of those things in my contact emails, just to be a pain, if nothing else.

(in lieu of the extras, a public flogging of Ross would suffice. Image )
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Apr 4th 2003, 1:56 am

i definitely want the extras, i think the lunchbox was a great idea and wanna start showing it off =)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

help

Post by lance » Apr 4th 2003, 3:50 pm

Jason,

Refresh my memory here, is Ross still a part of AU? I remember someone saying that AU seperated from CMIH Holdings and that Ross was no longer with them. Does AU still exist as a company with actual staff and a working phone?

Best,

Lance Man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: help

Post by Jason R » Apr 4th 2003, 4:55 pm

Ross left CMIH and took AnotherUniverse.com with him. He may not work there, but he did sign for my certified mail. He may not own the company, but he seems to call me whenever he has something to say about things, like lunchboxes, refunds, etc.

You be the judge.

I posit the following theories:
1) Ross left AU and the poor souls there now have to deal with the problems her created.

2) Ross is a lying piece of filth who is trying to pull one over on the customers.

You know which one I am voting for. Incidentally, I just read the news that Ross lost another distributor. I'm glad that people are learning from history.

Jason

lance wrote:Jason,

Refresh my memory here, is Ross still a part of AU? I remember someone saying that AU seperated from CMIH Holdings and that Ross was no longer with them. Does AU still exist as a company with actual staff and a working phone?

Best,

Lance Man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Apr 4th 2003, 5:37 pm

Is it possible that Ross "bought" AU from CMIH, created a new company and has now no intentions of going any further with AU as a web site?

He has his comic shops, and he could conceivably start a new web store down the line with a new name, supposedly "separate" from that thing called AU, and all the baggage that comes with it.

What does he get from doing this? Some ideas...

Concentrate on the B&M stores
Stall time to work out any or all financials problems
Stall time to let the MSCL debacle blow over
He can start new sites to start "fresh", providing he can secure distribution of stock
Reduce accountibility to outstanding refunds by letting time lapse

Ross may or may not be involved with any longer, and AU.com certainly doesn't look like a current and enticing e-shop to buy from. Maybe it really is dead, and American Entertain Group is a shell for the next big project.

Where's Oliver Stone when you need him? :D

Gary

p.s. I'd sure hate to be a Twilight Zone fan right now...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 4th 2003, 6:19 pm

He used the investors at CMIH to get the money for AU. He thought he would turn it into something.

He turned it into a turd.

So, who knows, you may be right. The story on the anotheruniversesucks site says that even his employees at the b&m stores are looking for new jobs.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 4th 2003, 6:42 pm

Jason R wrote: The story on the anotheruniversesucks site says that even his employees at the b&m stores are looking for new jobs.
If they were smart they would have done it after the second month of no new comics. I don't know how they thought a comic shop would keep going without new comics.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 4th 2003, 7:39 pm

Maybe if you hold onto them long enough, they become collectibles. :P

The irony to all of this, of course, is that if Ross Rojek delivered what he promised, he wouldn't be finished. He'd be releasing more DVD box sets and making customers happy.

He got greedy and it hurt everyone.