refund form in snail mail

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
cool rider
Liberty High Student

refund form in snail mail

Post by cool rider » Feb 28th 2003, 5:11 pm

Hey,

Today I checked my mail and to my surprise I had received the refund form from another universe. I scanned it in for everyone to see, or use, but the quality isnt so great and I am not sure if yahoo will allow me to link to it. Anyway, I edited out my "claim form number".

refund form

edited to say, yahoo wont let me do it so here is another link.
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Feb 28th 2003, 5:26 pm

Are you in CA? Just curious if they're arriving out there first, taking their time to get out to me...

Ok, now..WHY SHOULD I GIVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AGAIN????????????

Another thing, when it says, Credit card used in transaction: what does that mean to everyone who doesn't have that card anymore? What do they refund to?

Another thing, how are they going to know if you've done a chargeback or not?

And how many people still know thier order number?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 28th 2003, 5:29 pm

I almost fell out of my chair. I misread the subject line and thought someone received an actual refund.

I think i might bring the AIMBOT back to help people get order numbers. Or maybe someone can set up a database online and I can give the data.

Mass mail to go out next week when I get back from vacation to make sure everyone who was overcharged got this mail from AU.

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Feb 28th 2003, 5:32 pm

I wrote on the form that there was "no way in hell I am giving another universe my credit card information again." They can deal with that in whatever way they want. I already cancelled my card too because of AU, so I dont know how they are going to do a chargeback, I guess maybe money order (not that I am actually counting on receiving the money back). I also don't know my order number, but I know they can look it up by email address.. What a joke.

Also I am in Oregon, technically one would assume proximity to CA played a role but Portland's mail service is extremely slow, so I am quite surprised.
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Feb 28th 2003, 6:05 pm

I received the refund request form today too. I'm going to return it by certified mail so I'll know it was received. I'm afraid to even hope that this will finally be resolved - sigh.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Feb 28th 2003, 9:12 pm

Has anyone verified that the return address in that form is actually AU? It wouldn't suprise me at all if they listed someone else's address just so they can claim they never recieved the form.

BTW, you all realize that this is just BS, right? This is the kind of crap someone does when they aren't going to refund your money. It should be obvious by now that there will be no refunds, no lunchboxes, no extras disc, and no jailtime for Ross.

digs0
Frozen Embryo

Post by digs0 » Mar 1st 2003, 3:06 pm

cool rider wrote:I wrote on the form that there was "no way in hell I am giving another universe my credit card information again." They can deal with that in whatever way they want. I already cancelled my card too because of AU, so I dont know how they are going to do a chargeback,
I'm in California and got the snail mail form too.

I for one am happy to give them my credit card number again, almost hoping they DO try some funny business, because this time the dispute would be fresh enough that I could sic WellsFargo on them.

I'm no longer stupid enough to think I'll actually get results by doing what they ask, but if I actually get a refund out of it, I'll post it here.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Mar 1st 2003, 4:13 pm

I got mine today.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Mar 3rd 2003, 1:10 am

Wow. I hope you all know that you should not put your credit card on that paper. The second you give them any of that information you are basically giving them the license to screw you financially (as if they haven't already done that to most of us). There are so many shady things about it. They know all your order numbers and your credit card numbers. And, as someone pointed out earlier, how do you even know it's AU???? How do you know you're not just sending your credit card number directly to Ross Rojeck's home? Or to someone not even related to AU? What about hackers? (AU doesn't seem to be good in customer service so how can we expect that site or company to be secure? Especially, when hackers just got into Visa and Mastercard.) Be very careful. I wouldn't trust them. As far as the person waiting for the money order b/c their card is gone, I received my refund via money order and my card was still valid. Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it? Doesn't it seem shady that my cc order was refunded by a phony looking money order? Luckily, that money order cleared back in December. The only way I got my refund was by being pushy and threatening serious media coverage. I hope it all works out for the rest of you.

Keep fighting the good fight.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Mar 3rd 2003, 2:33 am

Actually, I'm using mine to offer more proof to my bank that AU has screwed me over. For some reason my bank refunded everything but the $20 deposit. Maybe if I show them this, it'll get them to change their mind. Dunno...its worth a try.

janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Mar 5th 2003, 7:01 pm

I mailed my Refund Request form back on Friday via certified mail - like I said I was going to in my earlier post. Today the green card got back to me showing it had been delivered. Guess who signed for it??? Ross Rojek himself!

Funky_Monkey
Tino

I got a REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Funky_Monkey » Mar 5th 2003, 9:05 pm

Speaking of snail mail, guess what!? I got a mother lovin' check in the mail from AU! They actually gave me my refund......holy flurking snit! Can you believe it? I am still in shock! SO DO FILL OUT AND MAIL BACK THAT FORM PEOPLE. it works!!!!!!!!!!!

:o
Like Techno? Ester lives in my basement - click on the website "WWW" below! Like computer animation? Check out what YOU could do with your PC at http://www.daredevilfilms.net. Mr. Clark will tell you about how he did it and how you can too!

janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Mar 7th 2003, 5:11 pm

Great news!! My refund check has arrived! I mailed the refund request form last Friday and the check arrived today - exactly one week later.

blue_moon_34
Nicky Driscoll

Post by blue_moon_34 » Mar 9th 2003, 11:13 pm

I never got that refund form in snail mail. Do you think it would work if i just printed out the one cool rider put on the forum?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Mar 10th 2003, 2:11 am

blue_moon_34 wrote:I never got that refund form in snail mail. Do you think it would work if i just printed out the one cool rider put on the forum?
In the upper left corner is a section that says "Claim # (Internal Use Only- Please Leave Blank)" and it is filled in with a number with pen. I'm assuming this is their way of hoping nobody screws them as badly as they've reamed us.