A Non Form response from AU customer Service

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

A Non Form response from AU customer Service

Post by andrewgd » Feb 27th 2003, 2:07 pm

I took it upon myself to email Au about 15 times yesterday, since they fail to respond if you only send them one email.

This is the response:
If it is your desire to slow down the email system with multiple emails then please continue, your strategy will help to further slow the process for you and everyone else. American Entertainment Group is now operating Another Universe, they are the ones processing the MSCL refund/credits. If you have already requested a claim form you will see it shortly, please fill it out, sign it and return it to American Entertainment Group. The signed claim form is an important part of that process. American Entertainment Group is processing the credit/refunds in the order that the forms are received. By not filling out the claim form your refund/credit could be delayed further. If you have not yet requested a claim form please reply with your mailing address and order number and a form will be sent to you.

Customer Service
Another Universe
@$$holes. They still make it sound like Ross is out of the picture.

And are we getting this claim forms snail mailed to us? Even that isn't clear.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 27th 2003, 2:47 pm

It sounds like they will send it snail mail, since they asked for your mailing address.

Bastards. :evil:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 27th 2003, 2:56 pm

If it is your desire to slow down the email system with multiple emails then please continue, your strategy will help to further slow the process for you and everyone else.
Yes, no mention of the fact that if they bothered to REPLY to emails, they wouldn't receive irate multiple emails from their customers. Perfect - blame the victims for their non-responsive service. Sounds like Ross is still there in spirit, if not in the building.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Feb 27th 2003, 3:14 pm

I sent them some further questions, mostly asking why the hell we haven't been refunded yet. I got a response within 2 hours! (You have to admit, they're adamant that they're not the same company):
Another Universe has switched operating companies. They are now operated by
American Entertainment Group rather than CMI Holdings Group Inc. In order to
research and process your refund request the MSCL Refund/Credits form needs
to be filled out and signed. Once signed and returned American Entertainment
Group can research your order's charges and chargeback/credit history to
verify what needs to be corrected and then correct.

Customer Service
Another Universe
To which I replied :
You may have switched operating companies, but you still make just as many excuses as the old one as to why the money hasn't been refunded. If you are truly a new company, what is your take as to why the refunds hadn't been taken care of months ago?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 27th 2003, 3:24 pm

Any word on the bonus disc and lunch box?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Feb 27th 2003, 5:01 pm

It is still Wade responding to these emails (header info):

Received: from wade (67.122.237.142)
I'm sorry but I do not have the answers to your questions. My position with
this company does not allow me to speculate on such matters. Please
understand, I'm just a customer service/support person, I have nothing to do
with the how's and why's of upper management. Wait for the form, fill it out
and return to get the process started.

Customer Service
Another Universe.
Just a customer service person who has been jerking all of us around just as much as Ross. Wade knows what is going on, he's just too chicken-sh#t to do anything about it. That's right Wade. Chicken-sh#t. Thanks for the prompt reply though... Its nice to know you're on the ball when it comes to screwing over the people who have paid your rent over and over...

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 28th 2003, 12:31 am

Any theories as to why they are asking for our signatures now, when they never needed them in the past?

(This assumes we ever get the forms to sign!)

:roll: :?:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 28th 2003, 12:41 am

AU has slightly more than one month to provide refunds before I begin phase 2. The goal is to pressure AU into providing refunds by making everyone in their industry aware of their practices. Threats seem to work with companies like this.

Today, after repeatedly threatening to report them to the IRS, I managed to get a 1099 form from them. It was one month late and it overstated what they paid me by $2,000. Leslie admitted they "accidentally" inflated the figure and sent a followup by fax.

Here was my email response to her, which I CCed to Ross. I won't be doing the next survey until I get back from vacation (couldn't stand the cold so we scheduled an impromptu trip to Florida).
-------------------------

Leslie,

Thank you. It sure took long enough. Now I can put this horrible experience behind me, at least until I turn state’s evidence.

If I can give a little word of advice, nobody likes to have to deal with a lecherous company that they would have been better off not dealing with. In order to stay in business it is necessary to sometimes pay others for services rendered and to not repeatedly send bouncing checks (as if it makes things any better).

If a company is having financial problems it is better off leveling with freelancers, suppliers and vendors rather than sending a check with insufficient funds behind it, or telling people that a bank wire (which has never taken more than 2 days except for your “special” wires) repeatedly disappeared. Believe it or not you are not fooling anyone, and a bounced check is not better than no check.

I have never come across a more crooked company than AnotherUniverse.com and I have never in my entire life had to deal with someone like your CEO. How very sad that such companies exist. How sad that such people exist outside of our nation’s corrections facilities. How sad that a project that has generated millions of dollars in sales for BMG had to result in so many people being burned by your grotesque combination of incompetence and greed.

Ross called me on February 6 and told me that he would be giving me updates on refunds to customers. I am about to begin phase 2 of my project to gain the attention of the State Attorney General Bill Lockeyer unless I receive a list of emails so that I can verify the refunds. I am also sending out my own survey next week when I return from vacation. You’ve had 10 months to process refunds. I believe that if you intended to give them to customers, you would have already done it.

Jason Rosenfeld

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 28th 2003, 1:04 am

How do Ross' employees justify working for him? Are they all related? Brainwashed?
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 28th 2003, 1:34 am

Some of his employees are romantically linked with members of his family. Might explain the loyalty.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Bank Wires...

Post by MartinPierre » Feb 28th 2003, 9:06 am

Here is a note about Bank Wires...

I received a few weeks ago payment from a Customer in Hong Kong via a Wire.

The Wire was sent, and received a few seconds later by my bank ( the time to take the fax ).

They confirmed to the bank of my customer the reception of the wire AND LOST THE PAPER !

They have no idea what happened to it, they just lost their copy.

when I called a few hours later, they apologized and requested a new copy, but the Hong Kong branch was closed. But they faxed it anyway for the next day.

So, the next day they received a copy of the wire and sent it to be processed.

A few hours later, the money was marked a received, but frozen for 24 hours to confirm the validity of the wire ( policy of my bank I think ).

All and all, it took LESS than 24 hours to be received from the other side of the globe and less than 48 hours for the funds to be available, AND THEY LOST THE ORIGINAL WIRE !!!!

The next time that customer sent a wire, it took 2 hours to be deposited, and it includes the time to process the wire.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Feb 28th 2003, 5:19 pm

jason wrote:Some of his employees are romantically linked with members of his family. Might explain the loyalty.
hm, AnotherIncest.com?
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Georgia
Tino

Post by Georgia » Feb 28th 2003, 9:58 pm

mephisto wrote:
jason wrote:Some of his employees are romantically linked with members of his family. Might explain the loyalty.
hm, AnotherIncest.com?
Family, eh? Sopranos episode, anyone?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 1st 2003, 5:30 am

Or, even worse, Six Feet Under and the did they/didn't they Billy/Brenda thing. Ewwww.

(Technically, incest is with blood-related relatives so Ross's family members being involved with his employees would be closer to nepotism)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Another Universe - Dashing hopes since Jan 2002

Post by ClarenceWorley » Mar 1st 2003, 11:09 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Any theories as to why they are asking for our signatures now, when they never needed them in the past?
It just seems to be another AU Time Waster© to me. They've already got more than enough information in order to start processing refunds.

Plus, the claim form is a hastily slapped together, poorly designed mess of a thing. If they were really serious about this, the form would have an ounce of professionalism.

The form could well be another hoop they want us to jump though, just hoping we're sick of their ineptitude and refuse to deal with them anymore.
"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."