Please post here if you have received a refund...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
bitca
Tino

got it!

Post by bitca » Mar 24th 2003, 6:25 pm

Don't give up folks!
I just got back from cashing in my check at THEIR bank.
Finally, this is all over. I won't hold my breath for the bonus materials...

henrik
Nicky Driscoll

Post by henrik » Mar 25th 2003, 5:58 am

I got my cheque yesterday.

I specifically asked for an International Money Order, instead they sent me a personal cheque. Unfortunately, American personal cheques have this little "feature" that they can't be cleared at once (unless you pay approx 80 USD...). This means that I'll get my money now, but it can take months before the cheque actually clears, and if it bounces I will have to return the money to my bank. Another problem is that the bank fee for cashing the cheque is approx 15 USD, while an International Money order wouldn't have cost me anything at all.

AU only refunded the money that they took from my VISA, they did not pay me for the expenses I had (postage and charge of interest).

I will of course contact them and demand to get the rest of the money: 15 USD for the cheque fee, 10 USD for the cost of sending the "return claim form" back to them, and approx 20 USD for the delay (charge of interest since the date that they ocercharged me).

I won't give up until they have returned _all_ the money they've cost me.

The bank stated on the cheque was El Dorado something.

Sorry for my poor English.

RyeSwmmr
Tino

Post by RyeSwmmr » Mar 25th 2003, 12:59 pm

Holy crap! I just got my refund check in the mail yesterday even though I was dubious about the validity of their existence. I will be taking it to my bank on my lunch hour to find out about how long it will take to clear, etc.

As happy as I am to get it, I admit that my blood still boils when I see the sets in Best Buy for about 1/2 of what I paid. :evil:

To anyone who hasn't filled out the form yet, I would say it's worth a shot. I'm just hoping that the check is actually worth more than just the paper it is printed on.

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Mar 25th 2003, 2:40 pm

I just got my cheque yesterday as well! I won't be able to get to the bank until Thursday however, and I'll let you all know what happens then...
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Mar 26th 2003, 9:49 pm

Not a refund, per se, since I didn't buy the MSCL set, but...

I received a partial payment today!

Perseverance pays off--even if in installments.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 27th 2003, 3:09 am

Howard wrote:Not a refund, per se, since I didn't buy the MSCL set, but...

I received a partial payment today!

Perseverance pays off--even if in installments.
Wow, it is official kids. Hell just froze over.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Mar 27th 2003, 5:21 am

Howard wrote:I received a partial payment today!
Isn't that exactly what he said he couldn't do because of the judgment against him?

And are the payments from Ross, or American Entertainment? Who do you follow when the company is bought out, the previous owner or the current owner? (HA!)

ps. 300th post! 300th post! 300th post! Yay!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 27th 2003, 11:50 am

andrewgd wrote: ps. 300th post! 300th post! 300th post! Yay!
congrats andrew! :)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 27th 2003, 11:45 pm

fnordboy wrote:
andrewgd wrote: ps. 300th post! 300th post! 300th post! Yay!
congrats andrew! :)
Ditto; we can always use another Rayanne.

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Chase Face
Frozen Embryo

I got my refund!

Post by Chase Face » Mar 29th 2003, 10:31 am

I got my refund, and it was for the full amount. I e-mailed AU/AEG the day I got the e-mail about getting a refund claim form, and got the form in the mail soon thereafter. I let it sit on my table for a month before I sent it in--which was stupid of me, because who knew when they might run out of money to refund, and at this point I didn't even know how much they had or when they might have it.

Anyway, I sent the form a month later and within the next week I received a check in the mail. It was from AEG and I think it was signed by Leslie somebody, who I've seen mentioned on the forum before. The best part--the check cleared!

Thanks so much to Jason and all of you, who have been so persistent--I know I never would have gotten my money back if it weren't for you! I hope this works out for everybody.

Jason--if we get our refund, should we e-mail you so you can update your statistics? I haven't gotten some of your mass mailed surveys lately.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: I got my refund!

Post by Jason R » Mar 29th 2003, 1:45 pm

Don't email me. I was waiting for the April 6 deadline to send the next survey. Then I'll have a more-complete picture of the number of customers still affected.
Chase Face wrote:I got my refund, and it was for the full amount. I e-mailed AU/AEG the day I got the e-mail about getting a refund claim form, and got the form in the mail soon thereafter. I let it sit on my table for a month before I sent it in--which was stupid of me, because who knew when they might run out of money to refund, and at this point I didn't even know how much they had or when they might have it.

Anyway, I sent the form a month later and within the next week I received a check in the mail. It was from AEG and I think it was signed by Leslie somebody, who I've seen mentioned on the forum before. The best part--the check cleared!

Thanks so much to Jason and all of you, who have been so persistent--I know I never would have gotten my money back if it weren't for you! I hope this works out for everybody.

Jason--if we get our refund, should we e-mail you so you can update your statistics? I haven't gotten some of your mass mailed surveys lately.

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

waiting for refund to come thru

Post by kidbro77 » Mar 31st 2003, 8:43 pm

I got my refund check last week as well. I just went to the bank to deposit it on Saturday. Because it's a US Check, and I'm in Canada, it's going to take two weeks for it to clear, so I'm waiting for two more weeks to see if it bounces or not. will let u all know!

wish me luck!
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

RyeSwmmr
Tino

Post by RyeSwmmr » Apr 3rd 2003, 1:57 pm

Has anyone here actually had the check clear their bank? Please post to keep us informed. I myself have to wait until April 15th. If it does clear I will be doing the Snoopy dance all day. :D

ab
Frozen Embryo

Received refund cheque in the UK

Post by ab » Apr 16th 2003, 9:38 am

I received my refund cheque yesterday even though I'd requested a refund by some mechanism other than an American bank cheque. THe bank says it'll take 28 days to clear.

Thought others in the UK might want to know

Angie
Frozen Embryo

Post by Angie » Apr 22nd 2003, 2:09 pm

I received my refund yesterday, well over a month after I sent back the request form (certified mail). I don't really care about the lunch box and/or bonus dvd, I'm just happy to have my money back. I still plan on checking out the updates on this site every once in a while. Thanks for everything, Jason. The DVDs are awesome.

Angie
"All the world's darkness can't swallow up a single spark." -Nick Cave