Please post here if you have received a refund...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

refund

Post by lance » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:00 pm

Angie wrote:I received my refund yesterday, well over a month after I sent back the request form (certified mail). I don't really care about the lunch box and/or bonus dvd, I'm just happy to have my money back. I still plan on checking out the updates on this site every once in a while. Thanks for everything, Jason. The DVDs are awesome.

Angie
Angie and ab,

Glad to hear you got your refund checks, please let us know when they clear.

Best,

Lance Man

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:11 pm

I got a check, but it was not for the requested amount. How many times had we been told we would be credited interest? I figured mine to total about $17 on the $20 that my bank would not refund me. So I asked them for $37 (completely reasonable, considering the hell we've been put through).

And I only recieved $20. I'll need to wait about a month before I know it clears for sure.

Oh, and I'd be raising hell if I was due a lunchbox and bonus disk. You people that are owed that, get on the freakin phone and call the asshole, ok? Don't give up.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:27 pm

andrewgd wrote:I got a check, but it was not for the requested amount. How many times had we been told we would be credited interest? I figured mine to total about $17 on the $20 that my bank would not refund me. So I asked them for $37 (completely reasonable, considering the hell we've been put through).

And I only recieved $20. I'll need to wait about a month before I know it clears for sure.

Oh, and I'd be raising hell if I was due a lunchbox and bonus disk. You people that are owed that, get on the freakin phone and call the asshole, ok? Don't give up.
Glad to hear about the $20, let us know if it clears. Keep fighting for the $17.00

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

new avatar

Post by lance » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:29 pm

Andrewgd,

Is your new Avatar from Johnny Quest?

Lance Man

blue_moon_34
Nicky Driscoll

Post by blue_moon_34 » Apr 22nd 2003, 7:53 pm

my mom finally received a refund in the mail yesterday but you can bet your ass she'll never let me use her credit card again for anything. it had just better clear.

ReggaeFire
Tino

As if by magic...

Post by ReggaeFire » Apr 24th 2003, 12:02 pm

There it was yesterday. Wow. I had long agao given up on ever getting a refund check. Thank you Jason and everyone else, I'm certain that without the effort to unite everyone together none of us would have gotten a penny back!

thanks,
Jon

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 24th 2003, 12:22 pm

Here's a question:

I got my refund via my credit card company.

Now that RR is handing out some refunds, should I fill in one of these forms and try to get a refund? If I did, I could

a) keep the money and actually make something from AU in compensation for the hassle-factor.
b) pass the money on to VISA.

Technically, RR never paid back what he owed me, so RR still owes somebody a refund, whether it's me or VISA (VISA by now).

The part of me that really hates RR wants me to do this and give the money back to Visa (IF I get it) just to spite him. Not out of any altruistic feelings towards VISA.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 24th 2003, 5:17 pm

Starbug,

I would say if you already got your refund from your CC co, it is no longer your problem. They will have better luck getting the money out of him then you would. They atleast have a good legal team in-house ;)

The other thing to think about is that if you take a refund that isn't yours, you may essentially be taking a refund away from somebody who hasn't gotten anything from Ross or their CC co.

Your money is back in your hands, plenty of us don't have anything.
starbug wrote:Here's a question:

I got my refund via my credit card company.

Now that RR is handing out some refunds, should I fill in one of these forms and try to get a refund? If I did, I could

a) keep the money and actually make something from AU in compensation for the hassle-factor.
b) pass the money on to VISA.

Technically, RR never paid back what he owed me, so RR still owes somebody a refund, whether it's me or VISA (VISA by now).

The part of me that really hates RR wants me to do this and give the money back to Visa (IF I get it) just to spite him. Not out of any altruistic feelings towards VISA.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 25th 2003, 4:04 am

Good point about my refund being at the expense of someone else. Not entirely up with the RR logic, I hadn't thought about it like that but now that you point it out, it's an obvious conclusion.

I know I have my money back and it isn't my problem any more, but I sort of thought I could maybe somehow get one over on RR (who really makes my blood boil) I would give it a try, and hand the money back to VISA as it's not mine to keep.

But I'm certainly not going to do that at the possible expense of anyone else who is owed by RR.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 25th 2003, 11:05 am

starbug wrote:Good point about my refund being at the expense of someone else. Not entirely up with the RR logic, I hadn't thought about it like that but now that you point it out, it's an obvious conclusion.
It's hard and scary to put yourself into a Rojekian Logic mindset, so i can understand ;)

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Apr 25th 2003, 5:57 pm

Thanks to everyone here and Jason especially for all his help in all this!

I received a refund from my CC company for the double charge.

I received a cheque from AU for the cancelled order.

I have waited several weeks and the cheque has cleared. Yay!

Now, I still have to go out and buy the DVDs!!!
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Received a refund!

Post by Fedup » May 2nd 2003, 1:49 pm

I finally received my refund check also and cashed it. I think it cleared but there are any issues, I'll be sure to post. Thanks to all involved in helping get this debacle cleaned up.

smidge
Tino

Post by smidge » May 5th 2003, 1:12 am

How long did most of you have to wait to receive refund cheques? I sent my form off a while ago (I'm guessing about 6 or 7 weeks ago now) and still haven't received anything.

killjoykg
Tino

Sorry this is a long one..got my refund!

Post by killjoykg » May 5th 2003, 8:21 pm

As everyone else has been I would like to thank everyone involved in this mess. If it wasn't for you there would be no DVDS and no action from AU in any way <even if they still have much to correct if they ever will> to correct their wrongs. I was one of the early preorders and have been a member here since I was double charged in August. I have lurked for the most part...venting my frustrations by reading of yours and looking for ideas on what to try next to get my money back. Anyways, thanks again and good luck to the rest of you. I am confident that if you continue to be persistent as you have and stick together that all of you will see your money back. In case it is helpful I am ending this with a summary of what I did in case it is helpful...sorry for the long post!

I preordered the set in February of 2002 and paid $20. I have not checked to see if the rest of the balance ($79.98) was charged before my authorization but can check if anyone asks. I was double-billed for $79.98 in August of 2002. I signed up with mscl.com to see what was happening right after that. When Amazon started offering the DVDS was when I gave up because it seemed like many people were also giving up so I did not want to be left behind with no DVDS. I cancelled with Ross by e-mail which he responded that I would be refunded in a week but that week was the one where he ended up taking a truck to pick up the DVDs personally. Since that point I called and e-mailed every number and e-mail address I had with no response at all. I tried being calm and nice. Calm and threatening and finally just psychotic but no good. I tried my getting my credit card involved but they claimed that the charges were from too long ago and speaking to a manager did not help. Finally I just gave up and kept reading this site in hopes that someone would come through. When the refund form was posted on this site I misunderstood and printed it and filled it out. I sent it it to AU<priority and registered mail> not knowing that it needed a claim number. When I found out from this site that it did. I e-mailed AU and actually got a response the following day saying they would assign me a number and process my credit for cancellation and double-bill. I was seeing several posts here of people getting credits fairly quickly so I checked by e-mail after a week. I had another response the next day from AU saying that since I sent in a blank form it was taking them longer to process and when I heard that I thought I was screwed but 11 days later I checked once again and got a response the next day saying my check was sent. I received it 5 days later. It was from El Dorado Savings Bank from American Entertainment Group, LLC DBA Comics_Comix and signed by Leslie someone. I photocopied it and deposited it at my bank. By the way the check came with a letter saying "We are sorry for any problems this project may have caused you. Please be assured that if you ordered the collector's edition with the lunchbox and bonus DVD that they will be shipped to you immediately upon their arrival to our warehouse. Thank you, Customer Service" Anyways, the check cleared about 10 days later which I verified with my bank and the bank the check was drawn on. I have changed my credit card number changed so this mess is over for me finally a year and 3 months after I started it. I did not ask for the interest and other things they owe me because I just knew they would not give it to me and this affair has taken so much out of me I am just glad to have the bulk of my money back..the rest is just too small to get ulcers over. So in summary:

-AU signed to receive my claim form on 3/10/2003 at 11:14 AM.
-I received refund on 4/15 by snail mail.
-check was from El Dorado Savings Bank signed by Leslie someone.
-check cleared after about 2 weeks <sorry I dont have the exact dates with me now but can provide them if needed> as verified by my bank and that of the check

Good luck all. I could not have gotten through this without your support. I have become so attached to reading this that it will be weird not to come back here but I am happy now and to read anymore info about what AU has done would just stress me out more. Contact me by e-mail if more info is needed however as I want to help you people if I can be of help like others have been to me.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » May 6th 2003, 4:55 am

The El Dorado Savings Bank ??!! :roll:

The reason that makes me laugh was that 'El Dorado' was a rubbish soap opera made for UK TV which bombed after about a year... dreadful acting, dreadful storylines...

sounds desperately appropriate so far :shock: