Bonus DVD and lunchbox...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
ultimatefan
Frozen Embryo

Bonus DVD and lunchbox...

Post by ultimatefan » Jan 28th 2003, 1:19 am

Hey guys--

I haven't been on here in awhile, but I was wondering if there was any news about the bonus extras and when/if they will be sent. I know we've been pretty excited for finally getting the DVDs, but now what?
"If we all did what was in our hearts, the world would grind to a halt."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 1:35 am

Supposedly the lunchboxes are done and should be on their way to AU soon. Though that does not mean we will ever see them.

I'm sure the "bonus disc" is just a memory in Justin's short attempted career in dvd making.

Unfortunately not what you wanted to hear I am sure, but I think the majority of us here have pretty much given up on seeing the bonus disc (atleast) any time soon. The lunchbox is hopeful, but I seriously doubt AU has the fundage to ship them, though maybe Ross will do the right thing finally.

ultimatefan
Frozen Embryo

Post by ultimatefan » Jan 28th 2003, 1:45 am

Thanks for the info! :wink:
"If we all did what was in our hearts, the world would grind to a halt."

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Jan 29th 2003, 9:24 pm

I have the interview I did with Winnie, Ed, and Marshall in 12 gigs of uncompressed digital video. If AU fails to release the bonus disc by, say, May? then I'd be willing to release it.

Anyone have any ideas vis-a-vis distribution?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 30th 2003, 8:46 am

danguyf wrote: Anyone have any ideas vis-a-vis distribution?
We'll make a few nice divx/SVCD-files in various sizes and Mike finally gets his big server stress test ;-)

And I guess a few forumusers will have a DVD-burner in May (I will have one, I hope), so creating a few high-quality DVD+Rs should also be possible.

The only problem would be to move the 12 Gig video to the encoder, if you don't have the time/space/tools to do it. Maybe if you could transcode it into a slightly compressed avi (e.g. HuffYUV211) or some HQ mpeg2 video, you could split it with some filesplitting tool on less than 10 CDs... :shock:

Uh, let's just continue hoping & praying that AU gets the bonus disc somehow together...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 30th 2003, 11:47 am

sab wrote:Uh, let's just continue hoping & praying that AU gets the bonus disc somehow together...
:lol: HA HA HAHAHAHA...

sorry couldn't resist ;)