AU Customer Service Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

AU Customer Service Update

Post by andrewgd » Jan 19th 2003, 2:40 am

http://www.anotheruniverse.com/testbed/phoneupdate.htm

If that's not the biggest f###### joke I've ever seen....

It actually gets tiring seeing how absolutely lame they really are.

So does this mean that they are replacing thier tape for the answering machine? I can imagine that erasing the whole tape 3 times a day wears it out eventually...

Edit: HA HA HA HA! They are very slick, those jerko's! Notice they didn't give a DATE. So whoever visits the site will just give them their CC#, and hope to call after Tuesday. Which Tuesday? I guess the Tuesday after the order is placed, and CC# is given...duh... Who wants to be this "service update" will last until the site finally gets shut down?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Jan 19th 2003, 12:09 pm

Call it, and it just says "disconnected."

Weren't they just "disconnected" last month? Oh wait--that was because of storm damage. What'll it be next month? Locust swarms? Terrorism? Godzilla attack?

(BTW, they must have a very, very, very diligent work ethic at the phone company in Sacramento. Imagine the crew there, working to upgrade the phone lines... ON A FEDERAL HOLIDAY!!! More than likely they didn't pay the bill--again--and the phone company ISN'T OPEN until Tuesday for them to go in and pay the bill in person.)

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jan 21st 2003, 10:04 am

I bet Tuesday is when Leslie's waitressing check clears, so she can cover more expenses at AnotherUniverse. You know how expensive those message machine tapes are... you'd have to sell, like, A comic to cover the cost. Guess that's not happening very frequently over at AU.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Jan 21st 2003, 2:12 pm

It's Tuesday... Has anyone called the number? :)

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Re: AU Customer Service Update

Post by andrewgd » Jan 24th 2003, 10:05 pm

I'd say "I told you so" but I doubt anyone didn't beleive me to begin with.
andrewgd wrote:Who wants to be this "service update" will last until the site finally gets shut down?
I just called the number. It is still down. And their "service update" page is still up. And it still does not give a date.