unwanted dvd set

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
sonica
Tino

unwanted dvd set

Post by sonica » Jan 17th 2003, 3:55 pm

hi guys. I cancelled my order from another universe almost 3 months ago. last week UPS showed up at my door and dropped the dvds in my mail box. I was never charged for the dvds and another universe does not have my current credit card number. who do I contact about getting someone to come pick them up from my house? I would keep them but I already purchased the box set from deep discount dvd. thanks for any help!
~I wanna be sedated...~

Hwel
Tino

Post by Hwel » Jan 17th 2003, 5:18 pm

I'd leave a message on AU's machine with your phone no. and/or address to have them pick it up. If they don't react in a month or two, I'd count myself lucky and sell the sucker on eBay or give it to a friend.

I would have a very, very hard time feeling like I'd do something wrong, anyway.

Oliver.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Jan 17th 2003, 5:26 pm

You are under no obligation to return them, nor any obligation to pay for them. I'd put them up on ebay.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 17th 2003, 6:12 pm

Send it to Claire Danes. I hear Ross never sent her the promised copy. :P

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jan 17th 2003, 7:26 pm

Sell the suckers on Ebay.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Jan 22nd 2003, 2:13 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Send it to Claire Danes. I hear Ross never sent her the promised copy. :P
I'd let Claire buy her own copy - I'm sure she can afford it! I suggest you sell the set on e-bay and count yourself lucky that you got it for free when some of us paid money and got jack s**t! :evil:
"See, I have this philosophy......."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 22nd 2003, 2:24 am

I say you put Ross' face on it and burn it in effigy.

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Feb 4th 2003, 9:38 pm

Actually, forget my previous suggestion. I've got a better idea. Why don't you drive over to AU and shove the set up Ross Rojek's ass!
"See, I have this philosophy......."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 4th 2003, 10:02 pm

Okay, please. Somebody top that last one (though I liked the burning in effigy idea).

My suggestion is to keep it and see of they send you the bonus stuff. If they send you the bonus stuff, THEN sell it either on Ebay or to me since I'll never see the bonus disc anyway. :(

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 5th 2003, 3:42 am

wow yeah if you ebay it with the bonus disk and box you should walk away with a nice chunk of change all courtesy of Ross Rojek. I guess he can be a nice guy... :?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

extra set

Post by lance » Feb 5th 2003, 8:56 am

Hey,

Maybe you know someone who would like the set as a gift? Best serious suggestion I can come up with. The other ones posted in this thread are more funny.

Best,

Lance Man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 5th 2003, 2:31 pm

Alrighty. I'll combine suggestions. You get the bonus stuff (somewhere around 2005 :)), and quietly put them up for auction on something like Amazon or Yahoo auctions (less traffic).

Make the auction have a "but it now" price. Let me know about it. Whammo! I bid, win and finally get the bonus disc and lunch box. I have no problem with putting aside a second set of discs.

Clever, eh?

I love it when a plan comes together. (chomps on cigar)

:D

Gary

p.s. Do what you feel is best with the set. I'm just kidding around.

I do think you could at least recoup your loss, if not more, in an auction if you have a full set. And honestly, I'd bid, as I didn't order from AU and I'd like to have the infamous bonus disc.

Best of luck!

-g

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 5th 2003, 5:32 pm

GaryEA wrote: I love it when a plan comes together. (chomps on cigar)

:D

Gary
Someone else who remembers the A-team! I pity the fool! :D

Lance Man

kez
Nicky Driscoll

Post by kez » Mar 16th 2003, 4:32 am

Someone else who remembers the A-team! I pity the fool! :D

Lance Man
I 'aint gettin' on no plane!!

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Mar 18th 2003, 3:19 pm

I too have an extra DVD set. But i'm in the peculiar position of having paid for 2.

I cancelled with AU and bought from Amazon, but it seems that the cancellation was made during the period just prior to AU's shipping of the sets, when they were ignoring virtually all communication. Then i was among the first to get the AU set, so...

I suppose i'll just hang on to the still unpacked Amazon set until about 2020 or whenever it becomes a collector's item and i can get something for it at eBay, or whatever the hot spot is by then.

Or i might just will it to later generations. Image
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)