REFUNDS FOR ALL!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
SherryAE
Tino

REFUNDS FOR ALL!

Post by SherryAE » Jan 4th 2003, 6:24 pm

I'm sorry if this subject I'm about to write about has been already posted (I'm new here) But I was wondering if Another Universe will be giving us a partial refund on our money, if we don't get our lunchbox and bonus DVD??? Because I paid (and pre-ordered) the full dvd set, plus bonus dvd PLUS lunchbox. I paid for the whole thing. And if I DON'T get the whole thing... then THEY BETTER GIVE ME A DAMN REFUND for paying for the lunchbox and bonus disk THAT I STILL HAVE NEVER GOT! I mean come on! THEY KNOW THEY SUCK! They know they're SO DAMN LATE on getting out the rest of what we ordered... so why not at the very least can't they CALL US and inform us that if we DON'T ever get the bonus disk and lunchbox.. they'll give us BACK some of our money!?

Has this been talked about? Does anyone seriously know if they will give us a partial refund if we don't get our lunchbox and bonus dvd?
We have a RIGHT to what we ordered and if they have the NERVE to ignore us... they're so naive! I won't be ignored. I'm sorry but I'm so mad. NONE of us should sit quietly and whimper and wait on them.
None of us. :x

Can anyone please tell me what's being done? I'd be really grateful.
SherryAE@hotmail.com

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 4th 2003, 9:15 pm

You'd think it would be in their best interest to communicate, right? I spoke with the lunchbox manufacturer a few weeks ago. The lunchboxes were pretty much done. It was going to take 3-4 weeks to ship to the US.

After that, and as I said previously, it is entirely up to AU to get off of their incompetent (I would say "crooked," but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt) butts and send them out.

No mention of any bonus disc to anybody, and I don't know if that means it is happening or not. Somebody should call Grafik and see if they were ever paid for the footage. If not, perhaps Grafik can make the footage available on this site as they would still own it (it would need to be cleared with Bedford). There was also footage from the Museum of TV and Radio. AU probably got the footage, though I am fairly confident that the Museum will never see a penny.

Your idea about refunds is a good one. Unfortunately, AU seems to have misplaced your money. If they haven't, then it is their duty to prove otherwise.

It wouldn't kill them to post an update. Have Justin do it.

Jason

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: REFUNDS FOR ALL!

Post by vapspwi » Jan 5th 2003, 11:45 am

SherryAE wrote:Has this been talked about? Does anyone seriously know if they will give us a partial refund if we don't get our lunchbox and bonus dvd?
In short, no freakin' way. They still owe thousands of dollars of refunds of money that they obtained illegally, by putting extra charges on the cards of people who ordered the set. They owe thousands more dollars of refunds to people who gave up on them and cancelled their orders. They have shown no willingness or ability to pay up that money, so the chances of them coughing up even MORE money are vanishingly slim. The company itself appears to be circling the drain, and it appears that Ross Rojek and his band of crooks are going to get away with it all.

The best thing that you can do is to go out and file legal complaints with every source you can find. Lots of ideas are stickied at the top of the forum. It won't get you your money back, but it might make you feel a little better. Rally everybody you know that's been gypped; I have to believe that if thousands of people file FBI complaints and Attorney General complaints against this crooked company, SOMETHING will come of it.

JRjr

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 5th 2003, 12:36 pm

They have about 1,200 people waiting for refunds. Some of those people are being successful in getting their money from their CCs. That means its difficult to say how much money they owe to customers and how much they owe to the customers' card.

I'll be sending out several random surveys to try to get a scientifically acceptable result. (other surveys went to all customers, random surveys would be even more accurate).

However, an employee of Comics and Comix wrote that they recently had to change card processors and that they have had 4 different banks this year. So it sounds like they are beginning to feel the heat.

SherryAE
Tino

Post by SherryAE » Jan 5th 2003, 1:38 pm

There's been NO mention of the bonus DVD???? Well I demand AT THE VERY LEAST an ANSWER! I mean, bonus disk or not.... the LEAST they can do is answer the damn question! Who do I contact? Does anybody know? Can someone give me a phone number or address or something? Cuz I'm gonna call myself. And call and call and call if I have to.

It's bad enough we are getting ripped off, but NO ONE deserves to be blatantly IGNORED!

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Jan 5th 2003, 2:00 pm

SherryAE wrote:It's bad enough we are getting ripped off, but NO ONE deserves to be blatantly IGNORED!
That is AU's operating guidelines: "We will rip you off AND ignore you at no extra cost - okay, maybe just a bit of extra cost."

The last I heard all phone lines we disconnected, all email addresses closed.

SherryAE
Tino

I DEMAND CONTACT INFORMATION

Post by SherryAE » Jan 5th 2003, 2:19 pm

That can't be.... There are NO more phone numbers or addresses?
There's NO way to contact anyone from Another Universe? That can't be possible. Even the people from AU MUST have others responsible for them. I mean the people from AU must have their own bosses to answer to ... can I contact their bosses? There has to be SOMEONE to contact! If a company goes out of business... aren't THEY SUPPOSE TO NOTIFY THEIR CUSTOMERS???

I'll even find their home phone numbers if I have to! Can someone give me some names of the people from AU?

I'm sorry if I'm sounding obssesive... it's not so much the dvd and lunchbox I'm mad about, but the fact that I was a faithful customer and they're taking advantage of me... I WON'T stand for that.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 5th 2003, 6:36 pm

916-450-0707.

last remaining phone number. was disconnected but they have it back up again. i guess even a boiler room scam needs a phone and a light hanging from the ceiling.

SherryAE
Tino

Post by SherryAE » Jan 5th 2003, 8:35 pm

THANKS! :) I'll keep ya posted on what I find out.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Jan 6th 2003, 1:27 am

"Thanks for calling Another Universe dot com. We can't come to the phone right now as we are busy sending your money offshore. Please leave a message: Mailbox full."

All I can say is GOOD LUCK.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Jan 6th 2003, 3:27 am

so-called customer wrote:"Thanks for calling Another Universe dot com. We can't come to the phone right now as we are busy sending your money offshore. Please leave a message: Mailbox full."
ROTFL

"we are busy shreding all our files and packing our suitcases with your money"

another great addition to the booklet...
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

SherryAE
Tino

Post by SherryAE » Jan 6th 2003, 10:13 pm

I haven't tried to call that number yet... busy with work and all.
I will call though and I'll let you all know if i get through. You're right... it's VERY likely I'll get a worthless machine but if that's the case I'll try and find some other number or email or mailing address.... might as well try right? Why just sit back and twiddle our thumbs waiting for the rest of our order? I prefer doing SOMETHING about it and I'm sure I speak for you all when i say that. Things are starting to heat up for AU I know... but let's stir it up even more if we can right? "Why simmer when you can boil." Ha!

All I know is I'm gonna be persistant. I'm a paying customer... we all are. So I demand my order! And if I don't get the rest of my order ... I WANT A REFUND!

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jan 6th 2003, 10:32 pm

This is what you should NOT do. You should NOT search online and find Ross Rojek's home number. Do NOT do that. Apparently it is available online because a malcontent found it and posted it here, and his sacramento adress. That is very very wrong. It was properly deleted.

So to repeat. I know you are angry and frustrated. I know Ross Rojek owes you money. But to take matters into your hands and call him at home to ask him where your dinero is would be WRONG! So do NOT do that! I wouldn't even try to find the number online if I were you.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 6th 2003, 10:46 pm

Sherry reminds me of all of us 6 or 7 months ago :) .

It is just tough to get anything done when you actually do get in touch with them, they just tell you what you want to here. And there is really nothing you can do on the phone.

The other problem is our "legal" system. Look how many people complained about AU to various different agencies. Granted small fries compared to some other scams, but with a fair number of people complaining at the same time you would think something would get done.

And of course when it comes down to it regardless of what gov't agencies do whatever to Ross and AU it still doesnt mean we will get our money back or the rest of our product. Ask Howard where his money is, and he got a ruling against Ross in a court of "law".

Our system is crooked. [/pessism]

SherryAE
Tino

Post by SherryAE » Jan 6th 2003, 10:51 pm

I understand what you're trying to say and respect your viewpoint.
Firstly, IF I did have a personal phone number available, I would NOT post it so others can bombard him with calls to harass him. I never said I would post personal numbers... in my previous posts I said I would post any information I received. If I do obtain a personal number, I would decide privately on what I would do. And of course I WOULD post any info that could be helpful to others on this forum.

And still, I know I speak for MANY people when I say that it is NOT right that AU has angered and inconvenienced THOUSANDS of us (paying customers) by not filling our orders and ripping us off in the process ... so why not inconvenience THEM at their home a little by inquiring about OUR ORDERS??