AnotherUniverse has money to Sponsor Addictgamers.com?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

AnotherUniverse has money to Sponsor Addictgamers.com?

Post by andrewgd » Dec 23rd 2002, 5:54 am

Hmm, maybe these people need to hear how AU doesn't have money to support new customers, let alone deal with their old customers...

http://www.addictgamers.com/index.php?p ... 468735.php

webmaster@addictgamers.com
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 23rd 2002, 8:55 am

Done.

"It has come to my attention that you are suggesting to your subscribers that they use the online store Anotheruniverse.com. Before you direct your readers to this site I would advise you to read and digest this online petition with regards to customers of AU who feel strongly that they have been cheated.

We would hope that this timely warning might make you think twice before advising your subscribers to use AU as a retailer."

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/AU2/

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 23rd 2002, 2:16 pm

Of course, if they actually ARE getting money from AU, then they probably won't give two flips. I definitely found it interesting that (if they actually are paying) they have money to sponsor some noname site...while the rest of their business goes down the drains...
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: AnotherUniverse has money to Sponsor Addictgamers.com?

Post by vapspwi » Dec 23rd 2002, 4:17 pm

andrewgd wrote:Hmm, maybe these people need to hear how AU doesn't have money to support new customers, let alone deal with their old customers...
I'm kind of curious, if their phone and some of their e-mail accounts are disconnected, exactly how they plan on taking orders for stuff anyway...

JRjr

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 23rd 2002, 4:19 pm

The payment is probably like this:

"look at the publicity machine that we had behind MSCL and TZ. We can do things with you and get publicity for your no name site"

Again, last I heard, Shorefire had not been paid for doing PR. Although I assume that in the last two months something was paid, otherwise they wouldn't be promoting TZ.

That's assuming he hasn't switched PR companies.

In any case, would be nice to know that somebody besides Ross is getting paid off of all of this.
andrewgd wrote:Of course, if they actually ARE getting money from AU, then they probably won't give two flips. I definitely found it interesting that (if they actually are paying) they have money to sponsor some noname site...while the rest of their business goes down the drains...