Ross and AU; an unpopular viewpoint.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 17th 2002, 5:53 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: if they have cashflow problems, they need to tell it like it is to their customers.
The one thing RR never quite seemed to get - the goodwill from the MSCL fans that he had for taking this project one might have cut him a great deal of slack if he had been upfront about what the problems were.

henrik
Nicky Driscoll

Post by henrik » Dec 17th 2002, 6:24 pm

zero wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote: if they have cashflow problems, they need to tell it like it is to their customers.
The one thing RR never quite seemed to get - the goodwill from the MSCL fans that he had for taking this project one might have cut him a great deal of slack if he had been upfront about what the problems were.
Definitely. I even told him that in one of my emails to him. I wrote that I might have accepted waiting a month or two for my refund if AU had only been upfront about it. If they had told me that they needed my money another couple of weeks, I probably would have said "ok" to them. I wanted this dvd release that much. I also told him that I would never accept being lied to, and gave him another chance to tell me the truth. No answer from him, of course.

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 17th 2002, 9:00 pm

I just read this via sparts link...

"If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise."

This is US law? Why the hell have the IFCC not shut this man down?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 18th 2002, 2:42 am

zero wrote: This is US law? Why the hell have the IFCC not shut this man down?
Easier said than done...the beauty of our legal system <sigh>

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 18th 2002, 3:18 pm

Do you still believe Ross and AU have done nothing wrong? :roll:

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 18th 2002, 3:43 pm

so-called customer wrote:Do you still believe Ross and AU have done nothing wrong?
I make a distinction between doing something wrong and doing something illegal. Also a distinction between doing something illegal through incompetence and doing it with malicious intent.

It's a little more awkward for me being in the Uk, but if I were US based and could prove AU had broken the law I'd be doing a damn sight more than writing petitions about it.

Naomi
Jody Barsh

Post by Naomi » Jan 26th 2003, 4:30 am

Ross and AU lied. They only sucked me in through false advertising. I would not have chosen to use their company if I had been in possession of the true facts. Ross himself promised AU would ship the DVDs before Amazon.com. That was a lie! I also had to pay £28 I could not afford when my DVDs were shipped to the UK.
If I get my bonus disk and free lunchbox I may simmer down. I am a patient person and I didn't even care about the long wait so long as my DVDs arrived that was all that mattered too me.

But if Ross can't even deliver what he owes me, what I paid for fair and square then he is a criminal and I hope his arrogant ass rots in jail. I was promised a bonus DVD set and I am still waiting for it. Customers, shareholders, employees and partners have all been lied too. That tells me everything I need about Ross's lack of integrity.