erraneous email addresses

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
henrik
Nicky Driscoll

erraneous email addresses

Post by henrik » Dec 16th 2002, 7:43 pm

I just sent AU my daily email, and I got an error message in return stating:

" ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<thomas@anotheruniverse.com>
(reason: 550 Error: thomas@anotheruniverse.com does not exist on this system)
<customersupport@anotheruniverse.com>
(reason: 550 Error: customersupport@anotheruniverse.com does not exist on this system)
<support@anotheruniverse.com>
(reason: 550 Error: support@anotheruniverse.com does not exist on this system)"

...as if we didn't already know that customersupport and support are terms unknown to AU :roll:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 16th 2002, 7:44 pm

could it be that the end is nigh?

henrik
Nicky Driscoll

Post by henrik » Dec 16th 2002, 7:48 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:could it be that the end is nigh?
I guess so.

Some of their email addresses still work, though. I sent the email to these addresses:ross@anotheruniverse.com, ross@comicshop.net, crackwhoreceo@fuckedcompany.com, leslie@anotheruniverse.com, mike@anotheruniverse.com, wade@anotheruniverse.com, dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com, thomas@anotheruniverse.com, customersupport@anotheruniverse.com, support@anotheruniverse.com, and the other addresses still seem to work.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: erraneous email addresses

Post by vapspwi » Dec 16th 2002, 7:59 pm

I also noticed (and I don't know if this is a new thing, or just something I'd never noticed before) that, when you look at the MSCL set, it says "By CMIH." If you view all the products by CMIH, you see an $89.99 set that's the episodes plus the bonus disc (with the bonus shipping in early December), and a lunchbox set that's the episodes plus the bonus disc and the lunchbox.

The Twilight Zone set also has a "By V3Media" note on it. I didn't find any other products with these "By..." notes on them in a quick perusal of the site. Don't know what it means, really, I just found it interesting.

Oh, and another thing... The lunchbox says "The Lunchbox is the only merchandise ever authorized for My So-Called Life..." Does that mean that the MSCL t-shirts that AU sold over the summer weren't actually authorized? And wouldn't the MSCL novels that are out there count as authorized merch? Again, no real point to this observation, I'm just bored. :-)

JRjr

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Dec 17th 2002, 5:59 am

For what it's worth, there are ways to verify if an email account is active without going through the trouble of sending an email. The following are NOT active:
The following seem to still exist (according to AUs mail server)
neither list is exhaustive.

The only explaination is that they have deliberately deactivated 'support' and 'customersupport' if they were once active. I guess they got tired of all the complaining. I wonder about thomas though; was he fired?

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Dec 17th 2002, 1:59 pm

When I was visiting fuckedcompany message boards I decided to look up crackwhoreceo profile and noticed that we can still pm him. So if you pm him on this site you might still get a response from him.
http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/cgi-bin/ ... ckwhoreCEO

sorry once again this doesn't work, some how he has disable it, but here is a web page that I found with an odd quote from crackwhoreCEO
http://www.erikandanna.com/Humor/