So the crackwhore e-mail doesn't work for me....

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
killjoykg
Tino

So the crackwhore e-mail doesn't work for me....

Post by killjoykg » Dec 12th 2002, 8:10 pm

My messgaes from several different addresses bounce back. Has anyone else experienced this? I am sorry if this information has been posted elsewhere but I have had too shitty of a day to spend my time searching or trying to kiss the ass of some of the people here. I am sorry if I sound bitter but I am. It seems like such a popularity contest around here and all I want is my money. There have been like 2 people here who have seriously helped me out and to those Thank You...you really are the kind of people who will keep this place from being a shithole. I only hope I can be of help to you sometime. To the rest of you...blah....

ZabbieGurl
Tino

Post by ZabbieGurl » Dec 12th 2002, 8:46 pm

I e-mailed the crackwhoreceo@fuckedcompany.com address and the CustomerService@AnotherUniverse.com address. About 1 hour later, I received my tracking number in my inbox. So, those two should work...I obviously got in contact with someone. Give it a whirl again and see what happens, k?
This whole day has been... one long thing that makes no sense.

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 12th 2002, 8:47 pm

I hate name calling and stupidity. Your anger at the members of this board is not only misplaced but rude in the worst possible way - everyone here is in the same boat.

You don't like the view here, leave. You won't be missed.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: So the crackwhore e-mail doesn't work for me....

Post by vapspwi » Dec 12th 2002, 8:50 pm

killjoykg wrote:My messgaes from several different addresses bounce back. Has anyone else experienced this? I am sorry if this information has been posted elsewhere but I have had too shitty of a day to spend my time searching or trying to kiss the ass of some of the people here. I am sorry if I sound bitter but I am. It seems like such a popularity contest around here and all I want is my money. There have been like 2 people here who have seriously helped me out and to those Thank You...you really are the kind of people who will keep this place from being a shithole. I only hope I can be of help to you sometime. To the rest of you...blah....
What the hell's your problem? I haven't seen any signs of "popularity contest" around here at all, and I just kind of showed up around August or September and started posting. This is one of the friendliest and most helpful boards I've ever been on, and until your post, I really hadn't seen any discord here. Looks to me like we're all in the same boat, and everybody seems to be doing all they can to help each other out. Yeah, the situation sucks, but it looks to me like you've got some misplaced anger to deal with.

JRjr

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 12th 2002, 9:12 pm

First of all, if you are looking for help, that is not the way to go about it.

Second, I don't see anything going on here that is a popularity contest. This has to be the nicest forum I have ever been to. Sure some people get into little spats now and then but everyone here is ultra helpful.

Of course only 2 people have seemed to help you. You have only posted 4 times lol.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 12th 2002, 9:32 pm

Hey there kiljoy...I'm sorry you haven't had the best experience around here, or whatever. I SERIOUSLY doubt the 'popularity contest' motif you referred to was deliberate. Only thing I can think of that you mean is like, if someone mentions a topic, it goes COMPLETELY UNNOTICED, AND UNANSWERED, then someone else mentions same topic later, and it's a big converstion piece. It's happened to everyone, right? :wink: It's sure happened to me! Try not to take it personally.

And to some of you folks...come on, don't be so quick to 'retaliate' or so harsh, hu? Maybe kiljoys post was not the most diplomatic or whatever, (kiljoy, I DO believe popularity contest was an unfortunate choice of words) but we ARE all in the same boat. Let's mellow. Please. Ok?
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 12th 2002, 9:34 pm

Using the search function isn't the same as "kissing ass" IMHO. Why? Because using the search function is what a mature responsible adult does when they are looking for answers at a sub-forum with over 8000 posts. It is also being considerate of the other forum members. By using the search function, you show that you aren't lazy and spoiled and expecting people to use the search function themselves and then report the answer to you.

Of the three times you posted previous to today, you did not ask for help. You signed up for the Amazon discount, asked about slip cases for the bonus discs, and informed us that some of the AU phone numbers had been disconnected. I am sure that I am not the only one who appreciates the fact that you pointed out there is not room in the current DVD packaging for the bonus disc and that you warned us of another sign that something is wrong at AU.

That said, you didn't ask for help so we can't exactly feel racked with guilt.

Adding your email address to Amazon's "Share the Love" list does not qualify as "seriously help[ing]" in my book - it's what we do at MSCL because we are a community and we try to look out for each other. I don't think that being nice to fellow members is equivalent to a popularity contest.

You seem to have an extremely negative view of this forum, which I personally don't understand because it is much more harmonious than other boards I have seen. If you are unhappy here, then you have the choice to leave or stay. No one is forcing you to be here. I am here because I want to be here. I like the show, I like the people, and I like the sense of community. That is my opinion, and I realize that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. You are entitled to your opinion as well.

I understand that you are frustrated with AU, as are many other customers, but please don't take it out on the members here by accusing the forum of being a "shithole" - Sascha, Mike, Dan, and countless others have worked long and hard to make this website an informative and friendly place.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 12th 2002, 9:45 pm

Ok, ya, I believe 'shithole' was ALSO an unfortunate choice of words, Kiljoy. Kinda skipped right past that one. I just don't want to see things get all judgemental around here -coming from any direction. Kiljoy, I hope your situation and your day improve.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

killjoykg
Tino

sorry everyone...

Post by killjoykg » Dec 13th 2002, 2:58 am

seriously I am SO sorry. It was the worst of days for me today but to take it out on this forum is just pathetic on my part. I visit here every day in hopes that the mscl dvd drama will finally be over and that au miraculously turned over a new leaf and pulled our money out of their butts to pay us all back and get disappointed each time. Today, because of everything else, it just broke me because it seems as if nothing changes. I was not mad because no one was helping me. I was just thanking two people that had helped me via private message not by post. I was also kind of aggravated at how some newbies on this board like myself have been kind of criticized for asking questions that have been asked before or have their questions ignored(I can link to examples). There are always people new to things and it may be annoying to have to answer them but they may not be lazy maybe just ignorant and all are "in the same boat" as zero and Rickie Love have said to me. But also as RL said I guess it just happens on a board so I overreacted big time. I just feel bad for those guys and in my mood just majorly overreacted. Anyways, it was silly of me to start such a petty fight and to do so in such a ridiculously rude manner. ZabbieGurl and Rickie Love, thanks for your supportive posts despite me being such an a-hole in my post. And to all those involved in this forum I appreciate the work you have done here and am sorry of accusing it of being a bad place.

Anyways, sorry for the length of this but I wanted to try and make amends.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 13th 2002, 3:43 am

Hey, everyone has bad days!

Live and let live.

:D

I understand that it can be frustrating when people tell you that a question has already been answered, but the reason that forums have a place for FAQ & answers is so we don't have a bunch of repetitive threads asking the same questions. This board is for EVERYONE, but it is frustrating to log in and see that there are a lot of new threads only to find that nothing new has been said. As members of a community, we try to help each other but we also need to be courteous and considerate of each other.

Another thing to keep in mind is that although we have over 900 registered members, not even 1/10th of them visit regularly. That means that sometimes when a question or post goes unanswered, it's because the 10-20 people who come here every single day don't know the answer, and I feel silly posting a response that says, "I don't know - hope someone else has an answer" because it seems like a waste of space to add a post without any helpful information.

Sorry you had such a terrible day. I hope things brighten up for you and that AU gets their act together enough to refund everyone's money and send out the lunchboxes and bonus discs.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 13th 2002, 4:29 am

Hiya Killjoy! :D Ya know, it takes some huevos (sp) to appologize in a public forum like that - hat's off to you.

Seriously though, which other email addys didn't work for you besides crackwhore?? :lol: (I can't even write that without laughing!) Did the ross@comicshop.net work?? It did a couple days ago...hmmm.

Well, glad everyone is speaking again and all that good stuff. And....TOMORROW (or today, as it IS late, hu??) is...Friday the 13th!!!

OOOOhhhhhhh!!!!!

:wink:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 13th 2002, 4:52 am

Coolio, everything is copacetic now i guess.

Killjoy...i've had plenty of the suck days, so i know how it is.

oh yeah, ditto on all that candygirl said..would be stupid for me to repeat it all.
Rickie Love wrote: TOMORROW (or today, as it IS late, hu??) is...Friday the 13th!!!
Damn no Firday the 13th DVDs...will have to make due with the Nightmare on Elmstreet Set, or maybe a Ring, Ring 2, Ring 0 marathon.

Though there is always a Dario Argento marathon.....