I GOT MY REFUND TODAY

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

I GOT MY REFUND TODAY

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 10th 2002, 5:04 pm

I'm not posting to brag. This post is more about supporting those of you fighting the good fight.

I took me 3 months almost to the day my debit card was charged. 9/11/2002 was the day my charge went through. It wasn't until after my order went through that I was informed that I would not receive any of the bonus material and that AU did not exclusively own the rights. I cancelled the order shortly thereafter. After numerous phone calls and e-mails, it finally happened. At first, I asked politely for my money. Then I begged for it. Then I threatened. It was obviously all the threatening and complaints to the FBI and IFCC and Fox 5 Problem Solvers that led to this glorious day. Today 12/10/2002, I received a money order of $126.95.

I would just like to take the time to thank everyone who helped me finally end this nightmare and battle.

All I can say to the rest of you is good luck. Keep fighting and calling and e-mailing. Get the media involved. File complaints with the IFCC, Attorney General, your grandmother---it doesn't matter who it is. Continue doing what you're doing. You can't be ignored if you keep harrassing them. I'm still going to check up on you guys and see what happens. This isn't over for me. It still took me 3 months for a refund. I experienced unfair and deceptive business practices and I still want to run AU into the ground.

I just want you all to know that it happened for me and it can happen for you.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Dec 10th 2002, 5:54 pm

Hey,

Just to be clear, you actually got a refund from AU and not your debit company?

Edited to say: I just saw Rickie's post so I know my answer now..
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

Debs
Liberty High Student

Me 2

Post by Debs » Dec 12th 2002, 8:14 am

I nearly died.

I was credited today too. After God knows how many months - I had practically written my missing money off as a lesson learned.

Not completely sure whether it was from my bank or from AU as my statement read: "COMIC STORE BARCLAYS HOUSE" but as £89.45 is now safely back in my account right before Christmas I'm very happy indeed.

Thank you to Jason for being there and helping me through this mess. You are a good man. I hope everyone else out of pocket soon sees their money refuned.

Good luck everyone.

Deb xx
Mom. Streamers?

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 12th 2002, 9:54 pm

Hey there Debs - WOW! That's impressive - the fact that someone in another country got reimbursed is pretty huge. Which kind of makes me think it had more to do with your bank than AU :roll: Since we all know how on top of things they are.

At any rate, CONGRATULATIONS, and well done. Let's hope it starts a trend!

And to you, Ducksqueak, as one refundee to another YEE-HA!! :lol: Don't recall if I've said it before now, but if not, I should have... CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TOO!!
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Dec 13th 2002, 5:43 am

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that people that get a refund get a congratulations? Just goes to show how out of hand this whole thing has gotten. It almost makes it like the people that get refunds are winning a prize or an award.
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Dec 31st 2002, 12:56 am

I noticed over the holidays that a refund had been posted to my credit card account, but it was dated in Aug, when the charge was made, then said "THE COMICSTORE.COM ADJ" then the amount of the credit adjustment. Can anyone tell me if this is from my credit card company and therefore possibly temporary or an actual permanent adjustment? I had phoned my CC company a few weeks ago, so I am thinking it is their adjustment. They never credited me immediately though, like some on the board reported, I waited many weeks before noticing this and so far have not received any written notification from them. Did anyone else have it listed this way when they finally received it?

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 31st 2002, 2:52 am

If the date is the same as the original charge, that would be your credit card adjustment. You'd have to call to find out if it is permanent or not.