I don't know how UPS works...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
hollis27
Liberty High Student

I don't know how UPS works...

Post by hollis27 » Dec 4th 2002, 4:03 pm

Hey, I have some questions about UPS, if you can answer them, please do!

1) My tracking thing shows that the DVDs are in my city. Does that mean I'll get them today? (It's 1:00 PM right now)

2) They deliver to your door, right?

3) Do you have to pay them on the spot? I ask because I'm the only one home and I only have $10 on me.

Thanks very much to anyone who can answer...I don't even have a DVD player..I guess I should get on that...

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 4th 2002, 4:20 pm

I'll try and help...

1) Maybe. If you have a tracking number, you can enter it into the UPS.com tracking page. If the estimated delivery date is today, you can resonably expect it today or tomorrow.

2) Yes.

3) Depends. I've never had to deal with COD with UPS so I don't know how they handle it. If you think you are supposed to pay upon delivery, check the UPS web site for their policies and procedures.

I hope this helped, even if it got you on the right track. Enjoy your discs*! :)

Gary

p.s. * = Oh, I'd get on that DVD player eventually. It would make a perfect Christmas present! :D

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 4th 2002, 4:34 pm

If they are to be delivered today, they should say "out for delivery". Depending on when they arrived in your city they may or may not be delivered right away, as they go to distribution centres first, then are loaded on the delivery trucks.

They will expect payment at the door. You can use a credit card. I don't think they take cash for security reasons.

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Dec 4th 2002, 4:36 pm

Whenever I've dealt with having to pay UPS, I just give them a cheque, you don't have to pay cash. So, if you have your chequebook at home, you can just write them one. If you don't, I think they would come back tomorrow, because they do say they will try to deliver it 3 times, right? They'll leave a sticky note on your door if you're not there to tell you how much you owe them and that they're coming back tomorrow, so I would think they would give you a day to get your money together.

You can call UPS and find out exactly how much you owe too. Just give them your tracking number.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Dec 4th 2002, 4:45 pm

Thanks for replying guys. I don't know how this will work out because I don't have a cheque book, nor do I have a credit card. If they leave a note on the door, can you go pick them up? That way I could just go with my Mom, who has all those things.
My tracking number says
Date Time Location Activity
Dec 4, 2002 8:48 A.M. EDMONTON, AB, CA OUT FOR DELIVERY

So, here's to hoping.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Dec 17th 2002, 8:46 pm

i received something in the mail today from UPS, but there is no tracking number...what does this mean??? what is this sheet for? At the time it says confirmation of charges and collection in import...

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Dec 18th 2002, 3:52 am

Hmm, I just replied to your other post about the same thing, but I thought you meant that you got the confirmation email from AU, and there was no tracking number. Now I think I may have that wrong...
So let me get this straight.

It's from UPS, not AU?

Email, or Air mail?

What I got was an email from AU stating that my order was ready to be shipped, and they gave me the tracking number, which then led me to the UPS site. Maybe you could post whatever it was you got and we could try to help you out?

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Dec 18th 2002, 12:53 pm

Yup, its actually from UPS, it has their logo in the top corner with their address and its on their paper...in the top corner it says confirmation of charges and collection in Import and it gives me an invoice number then below that theres a box called summary of charges and it lists a price of Customs GST and Ontario GST but it says beside amount due that i ow $0 that its been paid...did everyone get this paid for by AU or something? the only thing i paid for was the pre-order
then below that it gives "Shipment Detail" and it says my shipment number, that its express, its 1 pkg, the weight, the description is DVD, the value for duty (157.83$) that kind of thing, under tracking number is blank though...
on the back of the page it says "Shipper" and it says anotheruniverse and gives the address, it alsp says the same type of info plus the date of direct shipment being 11/22/02 and the import date 12/03/02
not sure what this all means...is there any other info u need hollis???

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Dec 18th 2002, 3:09 pm

Hmmm...Well that is strange, I got nothing of that sort at all, and I haven't heard of anyone else getting such a thing. My advice would be to call UPS right away, and ask them. They should be able to tell you what's going on if you give them the invoice number. Everyone here says UPS has been real helpful with that sort of stuff. You should post again after you talk to them...Good luck!

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Dec 19th 2002, 3:55 pm

turns out they came a couple weeks ago via UPS and my mom didnt tell me cuz she wanted it to be a surprise for xmas....but when i was on the phone with UPS she figured she better tell me!!! hehe surprise ruined!!!
i cant believe they came...
now its time to buy a dvd player...

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Dec 19th 2002, 5:13 pm

LOL. Well it was a nice thought, anyway. Congrats on getting them, I went and got a DVD player the night mine arrived. Have fun. :)