Is there an alternate phone # to AU?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Is there an alternate phone # to AU?

Post by william bloke » Dec 3rd 2002, 2:41 pm

After several feeble attempts at trying contact AU by phone(for some odd reason, they are NOT(?) answering and the voice mail box always seems to be full), I wonder if there exsists another form of "communique" with AU. Bear in mind that in the past, I've also tried E-mail, snail mail and Fax without any reply.
Now, without having to resort to signal flares and smoke grenades(and of course, my last alternative: the 105mm howitzer in my backyard), any suggestions to resolving this "communication problem" would be highly appreciated(perhaps, even a cellular phone # for a certain elusive CEO of a certain company).
No, I haven't received my refund yet.
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 3:25 pm

It was posted in please someone give me a phone number

(916) 450-0707

William, I'm not picking on you specifically because there have been a LOT of people asking the same questions over and over, but is there ANYONE on this forum who actually uses the search function before starting new threads and asking questions?

:evil:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:13 pm

Heh i was going to say the same thing, but im thinking i might be perceived as "mean" on the dvd forum lately. :lol:
candygirl wrote:It was posted in please someone give me a phone number

(916) 450-0707

William, I'm not picking on you specifically because there have been a LOT of people asking the same questions over and over, but is there ANYONE on this forum who actually uses the search function before starting new threads and asking questions?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:25 pm

fnordboy wrote:Heh i was going to say the same thing, but im thinking i might be perceived as "mean" on the dvd forum lately. :lol:
"Why do I always have to be the mean one? Why can't you be the mean one every once in a while?"

"I can be!"

"But you never are!"

I have this illness - I believe that there is a movie/song/book quote for every occasion. And I love it when someone enables me to do it!

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:26 pm

I have a different business number in my rolodex. I don't know if it's still active, though:

916.567.2499 (FAX)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:34 pm

The (916) 450-0707 number is listed on AU's "contact us" page at their website.

Contact info pgh kenny posted in the Received DVDs, Question about Ross, Image of Packing Slip thread:
Follow the phone number/address trail...

NextPlanetOver.com
4135 Northgate Blvd #5
Sacramento, CA 95834
phone: (916) 567-2490
fax: (916) 567-2499

BTP Distribution
4135 Northgate Boulevard, Suite #5
Sacramento, CA 95834
Ph: 916-567-2490
Fx: 916-567-2499
Em: ross@comicshop.net

Comics & Comix
4135 Northgate Blvd., Suite 5
Sacramento, CA 95834
916-567-2490

Another Universe
7975 Ramona Ave Suite B
Sacramento, California 95826
customerservice@anotheruniverse.com
Phone: (916) 567-2490 Mon-Fri 9am-6pm (PST)
Fax: (916) 567-2499

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:41 pm

I agree that it is reasonable to expect people to do some searching before they post a new topic, however, using the search feature can prove frustrating sometimes if you don't phrase your search in the right way. If we know the answer, I don't see any problem helping out people who may not visit every day like us MSCL addicts do. By the way, I wonder how many of us do visit almost every day?

candygirl wrote: William, I'm not picking on you specifically because there have been a LOT of people asking the same questions over and over, but is there ANYONE on this forum who actually uses the search function before starting new threads and asking questions?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:54 pm

What I'm saying is that when there are already thread topics like "please someone give me a phone number," "Fee to pay," "UK DVDs arrived and I was charged shipping," "Anyone who paid tax on AU order," all of which are on the FIRST page of the DVD forum, it seems lazy/rude to ask the same question without bothering to see what other people had to say about it only a few days earlier.

I don't have AU's phone number memorized, but I used the search function to find it. I agree that sometimes searches can be frustrating depending on what you are looking for and how your phrase it, but again there are already threads with very obvious topic titles that people should read before starting new threads with the same questions.

I too come here for answers, but it's annoying to read the same questions day after day (and I must admit that since this DVD debacle began I have transitioned from a casual poster to a daily visitor).

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:59 pm

I don't think you are saying anything unreasonable, I just don't know that people are going to change. I agree it is very annoying when someone asks something that is in the faq.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 5:06 pm

I don't think anyone is going to change either, but this has been irritating me for quite some time and I held my tongue. Today was just the last straw for some reason. I'm not even having a rojeked day, but I was compelled to say something this time. I have very little self control, so I'm surprised it took me this long.

(Cue George on Seinfeld: "I'm LOSING IT!")

:D

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Dec 3rd 2002, 5:51 pm

candygirl wrote:William, I'm not picking on you specifically because there have been a LOT of people asking the same questions over and over, but is there ANYONE on this forum who actually uses the search function before starting new threads and asking questions?
For the record, I did do a search to try to find a posting with an AU phone number on it before starting the "please someone give me a phone number" thread, but could not. I'm sure it was posted many times before I asked, but I couldn't find it. So yes, there is soneone on this forum who tries to do a search before posting.

P.S. Am I the only one having trouble accessing ups.com right now?

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Dec 3rd 2002, 6:17 pm

^ Nope, I'm having trouble with the UPS site as well.

william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Post by william bloke » Dec 4th 2002, 3:27 am

Well, Excussse me!

My sincerest, heart-felt apology goes out to all that I've violated by failing to use the "search function". I am an inconsiderate oaf, a person who threatens the peace and stability of this forum by starting repetitive threads. Although I have little time away from my career, it is entirely my fault for not checking all the posts on a daily basis. For these irresponsible actions, I fully acknowledge the short-comings of my personal behavior and due to my insolent delinquency, it is very difficult for me bear such guilt upon my soul.
Therefore, in view of these heinous crimes against humanity and netizenry, I subject myself to be punished in the method of........Sharia.
(Nigerian Penal Code #1441, Article 2.63, Section 7.5).

But, before your justified hands cast that first stone upon my melon, I would like to offer a suggestion that may prevent such revolting crime of posting repetitive threads.
So that these repetitive threads may never rise again from such vile, disrespecting people such as meself, I propose that from this day forth, all new threads should be subjected to a rigorous editorial process to "weed-out" the repetitive nature of new posts.
For example: After a new thread is posted, The editorial board shall ignore those posts with the same message and by differentiating the nuances of each post. Then, after the review process, all the similar messages should be posted to a SINGLE thread.
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 4th 2002, 3:39 am

Yes, the moderators and members of the board should do extra work for all the people who can't be bothered to use the search function or read the FAQ.