Now it's time for Bonus material damn it!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 3rd 2002, 1:24 pm

I would have to agree. I think that we will definitely see the bonus disk and the lunchbox. The lunchbox is more of a definite just because we know that they were being made. And they were paid for.

The bonus disk on the other hand we dont know much about and for all we know it will contain a few paragraphs of text about the show. It just depends on how much AU feels like dicking us any more.

Knowing how they operate they will come through with the bare minimum to meet the original specs of what we were supposed to get with the "exclusive" set so that they can't be sued over that.

If they were smart they would give us a kick ass bonus disk and a bunch of extras so that we would keep our mouths shut and let them go about their business, dirty as it may be. I think that would work for a fairly large majority of the people they have screwed over.

Of course that would also mean returning all our double and triple charges and cancellations.
so-called customer wrote:I think realistically you can expect the lunchbox and bonus disc, if anything. If AU were serious about the rest they would have emailed people who were cancelling with the enticement. Don't hold your breath for anything beyond that, because I don't think you'll ever see it.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 3rd 2002, 2:02 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I would imagine that Ross' next project will be limited edition license plates.
Heh. Live free or die. :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 2:30 pm

jellybean wrote:that's the one, LMAO at that.
Wonder will that be their next marketing venture?

Talking turds -
you too can have your very own talking turd
suprise your friends with this exclusive once in a lifetime turd

at least they would be familiar with the new subject matter...
Does that mean Ross's new nickname should be Mr. Hanky?

:wink:

:D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 2:33 pm

mephisto wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Woohoo.... continued contact with Ross. That's got to be a great thing.
listen, Rosenfeld: I don't like the way you speak about our private quality time with Mr. Rojek ;)
Are we talking Michael Jackson type contact/private time?
back to the topic: I won't forget about the bonus items... I already filed complaints every place I could think of. But what else can I do? Calling AU and record a whiny message on their answering machine? - While thinking about that: could be a fun idea
Wade? Are you there? Please pick up the phone. *whining* I want my bonus items. Please. You remember me, don't you? The guy from Switzerland who used to call once a day. Wade? Hello? *snif*
Better yet, I think you should call their answering machine and try to figure out the code to change their outgoing message (the way Monica accidentally changed Richard's answering machine on Friends) so we can record a nice greeting for everyone to hear.

:lol:

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 3rd 2002, 2:51 pm

Where the hell are my extras???????? :twisted:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Dec 3rd 2002, 3:40 pm

Yeah, that's right.. the lunchbox too.

Some one said the lunchboxes were paid for?? I thought that only half of it was paid for. Didn't some of the people on this b.board have the phone # to the lunchbox and bonus disk companies???

I think if we get these things by Xmas time, that may suffice considering the alternatives.

Oh and by the way, I totally plan on harrassing them about the gift certificates and tee-shirts out of principle. Unless they are bankrupt, I don't care how petty it seems. The COA was part of the original deal too.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:16 pm

IIRC Robert (was that his name?) got paid the rest around the time or shortly after BMG finally got paid.

Though since i am lazy and dont feel like digging for the relevant post hopefully someone else will. :wink:
pinkchimney wrote:Yeah, that's right.. the lunchbox too.

Some one said the lunchboxes were paid for?? I thought that only half of it was paid for. Didn't some of the people on this b.board have the phone # to the lunchbox and bonus disk companies???

I think if we get these things by Xmas time, that may suffice considering the alternatives.

Oh and by the way, I totally plan on harrassing them about the gift certificates and tee-shirts out of principle. Unless they are bankrupt, I don't care how petty it seems. The COA was part of the original deal too.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:17 pm

Besides that... why doesnt that G-Whiz guy post on here at all now? Or was that really complete bullsh!t too?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:27 pm

fnordboy wrote:IIRC Robert (was that his name?) got paid the rest around the time or shortly after BMG finally got paid.

Though since i am lazy and dont feel like digging for the relevant post hopefully someone else will. :wink:
Hey! I resemble that remark! Go search function yourself mister!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Dec 4th 2002, 11:53 pm

Ross will never make a concrete promise. All of his words can be interpreted. "Early December" could mean the 15th since it's technically not even the halfway point of the month. I'm sure when Ross said "early" December, he meant as late as early December can possibly be defined. So I think we need to wait a while before we can realistically expect anything to happen.

Of course, he could aslo be in the Carribean already, in which case "early December" would mean the 4th of Never.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 5th 2002, 1:22 am

candygirl wrote:
fnordboy wrote:IIRC Robert (was that his name?) got paid the rest around the time or shortly after BMG finally got paid.

Hey! I resemble that remark! Go search function yourself mister!

Don't get snippy with me missy! :twisted:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 5th 2002, 3:04 am

Okay, just for that: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1357

:shock:

(fourth page)

adam
Three Rivers Resident

my thoughts

Post by adam » Dec 6th 2002, 3:37 am

Pesonaly i think au should get the dvd's to every person who paid for it first before they give out the extra's. because if someone gets the dvd's and extras before people who havent even gotten the dvd's that would make me even more pissed then i am now(i havent gotten anything not the dvd's not even the tracking # for them). this is the most fair way of doing it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 6th 2002, 3:53 am

I don't think that will be a huge problem since AU is not shipping out bonus materials any time soon.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 6th 2002, 6:35 am

I was not chickenshit,

I had business problems, mainly I had to rent a new dedicated server, and I am moving all my clients on it tomorrow.

But it needed a lot of work.

As for news, Ross never blackmailed me, but what he told me no longer makes any sense.

He was supposed to ship out the Wave 2 in 3 days, it took 2 weeks.

So anything else is assumes to be a lie to gain time.

Ross is now more evasive then before : he may feel safer now that he shipped.

I haven't spoken to him in at least 1 week. Anyway I couldn't since it took 1 week before he offered to give me my tracking number BECAUSE IT WAS SHIPPED ( on the 25 ) and the time it was indeed shipped ( Last Monday ).

I only got my tracking number on the 27th, because I couldn't write it down on the 25th, but SURPRISE, it was dated on the 27th !!!

What would he have given me on the 25th ??? I wonder....

When I first called him, he was scared of cancellations. Now that he shipped, he is probably sure of himself.