Canada still no word

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Canada still no word

Post by EricMontreal22 » Dec 2nd 2002, 10:01 pm

Still no word on my order... I'm getting scared cuz i go home this weekend for Xmas for a month--and so don't know how i will be able to pick up my fircking order if it arrives...

Sigh any ideas? Any other canadians with no tracking number yet?

E

andreinmontreal
Frozen Embryo

I am in the same baot

Post by andreinmontreal » Dec 2nd 2002, 10:40 pm

I live in Montreal and have yet to recieve a tracking number. I changed my address this summer and don't think that they changed it. I have a feeling that its going to be sent back to the USA and I will never get it.

Still waiting in Montreal

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 3rd 2002, 3:02 pm

I received a tracking number from Wade last week, but the box was only picked up by UPS yesterday, scheduled for delivery Thursday.

I have NOT received any e-mails...

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

broken record

Post by kidbro77 » Dec 3rd 2002, 4:17 pm

I feel like a broken record:

vancouver. No tracking number. :cry:
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Re: broken record

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Dec 3rd 2002, 6:58 pm

kidbro77 wrote:I feel like a broken record:

vancouver. No tracking number. :cry:
me too! Ontario: heard nothing

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Dec 3rd 2002, 6:59 pm

whats scary is there is only a handful of us left :(

Khatt
Jody Barsh

Post by Khatt » Dec 4th 2002, 6:37 pm

Alberta here... and not one word.
"If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts."

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 5th 2002, 11:24 am

My wife has my DVDs in her hands !!!

They arrived this morning via UPS !!!

I am happy !

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 5th 2002, 11:37 am

So, now you can tell everybody the plans for refunds as Ross can no longer withhold your DVDs. :D

See current survey for reality check.

Best
Jason
MartinPierre wrote:My wife has my DVDs in her hands !!!

They arrived this morning via UPS !!!

I am happy !

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 5th 2002, 5:05 pm

Unfortunatly, There is no plan as far as I know.

Ross said last time that they made around 360,000$ from the sale of the 3600 DVDs. They must refund 70,000$ (700 DVDs), so they really made around 290,000$

However, they only received 345000, since 4% goes to the credit card company.

So, they had 275000$

They paid 200,000$ to BMG.

Leaving 75,000$ in their pocket.

They paid for the shipping. Calculate : let's say 15$ per unit. I know they paid around 30$ for shipping to Canada ( that's quoted by UPS, not Ross ), so I guess it's not too bad an estimate. Don't wonder why it took so much time to ship them ( to Canada... )

It's 2900*15 = 43,500$.

It leaves 31500$ in their pocket, some of which went to GWhiz, some is probably kept to make the bonus material and ship it.

They also paid their staff who worked on this, the fees, the travel costs, the license cost, the advertising...

Sure, they still have 2100 DVDs in stock worth 241500$ but as long as they are not sold, it's not money...

He told me they are still selling a lot of DVDs, so everytime they sell one, they refund someone.

As money goes in, money goes out.

Sure, it's not really 31500$ since you'll say it also includes the 70000$ that was NOT reimbursed yet.

And you would be right !

They made approximatly 100,000$ of cash flow with the project, and owe 70000$ to customers.

But somehow, part of that 100,000$ got spent possibly unwisely.

Maybe they paid too much in publicity. Maybe they assigned it to other expenses such as payroll, which is a normal accounting act since people worked on this project.

However, bottom line is that they ordered too many sets, and got too many cancellations and are now stuck out of money.

DISCLAIMER : Ross only told me they sold 3600 sets, mostly at 89$ and 99$ and 700 cancelled, and that as they sold new sets, they could refund.

The rest is pure speculation on my part based on secondary facts.

But anyone can do the Math too...
Last edited by MartinPierre on Dec 5th 2002, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 5th 2002, 5:06 pm

Of course, nothing of this takes into account the double and triple charges....

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 5th 2002, 5:11 pm

Well, they owe MUCH more than $70,000 to customers when you take the double charges into account.

Yup, they are pretty much up sh*t's creek with a turd for a paddle.

Good thing I pulled out of this project when I did. They definitely wouldn't have paid me. That would have just added further insult to injury.

Looks like Ross's next project is going to be those limited edition prison license plates.
Last edited by Jason R on Dec 5th 2002, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Dec 5th 2002, 5:12 pm

MartinPierre wrote:Sure, it's not really 31500$ since you'll say it also includes the 70000$ that was NOT reimbursed yet.

And you would be right !

They made approximatly 100,000$ of cash flow with the project, and owe 70000$ to customers.

But somehow, part of that 100,000$ got spent possibly unwisely.

Maybe they paid too much in publicity. Maybe they assigned it to other expenses such as payroll, which is a normal accounting act since people worked on this project.

However, bottom line is that they ordered too many sets, and got too many cancellations and are now stuck out of money.
Bullshit. There's no "normal accounting act" to cover stealing thousands of dollars from hundreds of customers. There's no "wise" way to spend the thousands of dollars you stole from hundreds of customers. Stop trying to spin this to make AU look like anything other than lying, cheating con artists.

Thankfully, I've gotten my refund (from my bank), so the only thing I have left to do with AU is get my bonus disc and lunchbox from them, and then see the company put out of business and all of its employees go to jail.

JRjr

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 5th 2002, 5:22 pm

Jason :

Yeah, they owe more than 70,000 from double charges, but since I didn't count them in the revenues either, it kind of equal...

vapspwi :

I agree it was a poor choice, but a business has expenses.

I have a webhosting company and charge yearly. I would love to say that I put all my 11/12th of my revenues in a trust fund and took 1/12 every month.

But that's not how it works... In the begining, I needed more money RIGHT NOW, so as new clients paid, all their money went to paying the monthly bills, not just 1/12th.

As such, if my number of new clients per month would have dropped to 0, and if I had lost all other income, I would have been unable to refund my clients should I go bankrupt and been unable to pay my bills.

Now I have enough cash flow to keep running flawlessly until the end of the year. But in the first few months, I didn't.

And this is classic !

Almost all new companies must make difficult choices, and use any cash flow to avoid endebting themselves ( which in my case, I couldn't do at all, since my company was new ).

the problem is that Ross didn't deliver on time and must now face the consequences of his choices.

He should have made a reserve ( the first thing I did as a business owner ) but he didn't.

And he overstocked.

Now, for the double-charges HE HAS NOT EXCUSES...

But for the refunds, I can understand. He paid the 200,000 for the orders based on a certain number of orders and a certain level of revenue, but when that revenue dropped, he could not cancel part of the 200,000$.

He really BADLY negociated... He allowed his clients to cancel, but didn't require his supplier to allow returns ( or isn't willing to return the DVDs ).

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Dec 5th 2002, 5:29 pm

I think there's a significant distinction between bad business practices and this deliberate attempt to supplement a bottom line with fraudulent charges. I don't think anyone believes AU accidentally double charged all of these people or has any intention of actually refunding any money (which by Martin's calculations they don't have anyway) before someone with a badge and bracelets comes looking for Ross. Or at least one can hope that this will happen.