Anyone want a free MSCL set?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jewel
Tino

Anyone want a free MSCL set?

Post by Jewel » Nov 29th 2002, 6:36 pm

Okay, I'm probably going to be highly criticized for my actions, and I might, in fact, be jumping the gun, but here's the situation:

I ordered set 4-19 and received a tracking number. When the tracking number hadn't moved from "billing information received" I contacted AU. Wade called me back...to make a long story short, I was sent a returned box set and did not have to wait for Wave 2. I got my DVDs over a week ago and have watched them.

On Monday, UPS showed up at my door and I had another package from AU. (I never received an email with a new tracking number.) I couldn't turn it away unopened. Afterall, what if the lunchbox was in there? Yes, I'm being highly optimistic, but stranger things have happened. So I signed for the package. And now I have two sets. While I was doublecharged like many of you in July, I did receive a refund. So this second set is like totally free.

Here's where I'll be crucified: I contacted AU to let them know. I certainly am not a supporter of AU; however, while there are many mixed feelings about Wade on this forum, he has always corrected every single error in my order (I think there have been about 4 -- 5 counting this new development). He has been my only contact throughout this fiasco, and all my issues have been resolved. I cannot, in good faith, just ignore receiving my 4-19 set with Wave 1. They could have just told me I'd have to wait for Wave 2, but chose to actually have, like, customer service. I waited until today to contact them to make absolutely sure the card I used to order the set is null and void. And it is. So they can't charge me again. All I got was the answering machine, so I left a message. We are moving on Monday, so I gave my new phone number, but we all know how AU is somewhat lacking in the paperwork department. And what's supposed to happen when something like this occurs (with a normal company)? Certainly I'm not obligated to fork out my own money to ship it back when it's their error? And if that's what they tell me to do...well, it's just not going to happen. I'm not paying for shipping.

So here's the thing: Even if AU never contacts me, I can't in good faith sell this set on EBAY or just keep it when many of you are still waiting for your sets or refunds from overcharges. And it's almost Christmas -- I love Christmas! So I will be more than happy to send it to whomever wants it as long as I'm reimbursed for shipping. And my purpose is not to give it away to anyone; I want to give the set to someone who hasn't received theirs yet from AU or were doublecharged and have yet to receive a refund. And if whoever gets this set finally gets theirs or their refund, then maybe they could send it on to someone who's still waiting. That's just my opinion. Anyway, I gave AU until next Friday to respond. Just remember, it's only episodes 4-19. Just respond to this thread since I'm moving and don't know if my email will stay the same (we're just moving across town). I guess I'll figure out the details later if anyone is interested in a free set and I still have one to give away next Friday. Maybe by then everyone will have their sets and their refunds (I'm attempting to be sarcastic).

jenrose
Tino

Post by jenrose » Nov 29th 2002, 6:46 pm

i think that is a really nice thing for you to do :). i personally would have sold the set on ebay, seeing as we had to go thru so much to get the set, i would not have felt guilty getting a couple extra dollars. but it's nice that you want to donate it to a fellow screwed customer.

cartman
Frozen Embryo

Post by cartman » Nov 29th 2002, 8:19 pm

I do! I'll send you a private message with email. Thanks! :D

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 29th 2002, 9:06 pm

I'm guessing cartman is Ross R - figuring if he can get a set back for free that he can resell it.

If you are going to give it away rather than ebay it (which would be my choice - give the money to a charity?) then you might want to make sure you choose someone who's known here as having been double charged and not got a set yet.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 29th 2002, 10:09 pm

zero wrote:I'm guessing cartman is Ross R - figuring if he can get a set back for free that he can resell it.

If you are going to give it away rather than ebay it (which would be my choice - give the money to a charity?) then you might want to make sure you choose someone who's known here as having been double charged and not got a set yet.
Yes, please follow this advice. No offense to Cartman, but a firsties post doesn't exactly show all the termoil we've been through.

I would sell mine, if I had gotten the chance though. But if you do give it away, be sure its to a very good cause.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 29th 2002, 10:30 pm

sell it already. I would ask you to send it to me but hopefuly, cross fingers, i should be getting my own copy soon! If u was u, i'd wait a week or two, if AU do nothing then sell it, easyest $60 you've ever made, no worries. Otherwise if you're having guiltly conciuos type thoughts, send it to my mate, she's love a copy. If so message me back, would make a great xmas present!!! I'd so be in there!!!!!

Jewel
Tino

Post by Jewel » Nov 30th 2002, 12:04 am

Yeah, I figured there'd be a lot of "give it to me" first posters. Don't worry, I plan on giving it to someone who has frequented the forum. I'm just surprised more people who haven't been refunded on their overcharges haven't expressed interest in a free set yet. Here I thought I would make someone happy (or a little less miserable about this whole ordeal), yet everyone (including my husband) wants me to sell it! Oh well. I'll stick to my Christmas spirit for now.

Bubbawheat
Tino

Post by Bubbawheat » Nov 30th 2002, 12:40 am

I am one who thinks it is a really good idea for you to give it away. I ordered my set in the middle of March, was double charged in August (but refunded in just over a week, lucky me), got my tracking number in the first wave, but saw it was to the wrong address. UPS wouldn't/couldn't change the shipping address, and the person living there took it, and I can't get his/her phone number, and can't go there because it's 3 and a half hours away. I've sent 3 e-mails, two voice mails, and have been calling almost every day for almost three weeks now and haven't heard a peep from AU. I don't post much, but I visit this site every time I'm on the net. I would love getting your extra set since most of my friends tell me I ain't getting jack from AU. Thanks for listening, and I hope you go with the Christmas spirit. :)

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Nov 30th 2002, 9:48 am

Wow - what a nice gesture.

Personally, I would love to get the free set from you, but i'm not sure if i've suffered enough. I ordered in early march and still haven't received my set. I have been calling AU for days but they just keep ignoring my messages and emails, and a few months ago I bought a MSCL t-shirt from them and they charged me a whopping $40.00 shipping!!!

Anyway, I got the money back for that and thankfully haven't been overcharged so the set should probably go to somebody else. Although if in a few weeks nobody else shows interest, ur welcome to consider me!! lol

Again, its so nice to see such generosity :)

ReggaeFire
Tino

it's a Pity Party!

Post by ReggaeFire » Nov 30th 2002, 10:04 am

eh, what the hell I'll throw my hat in the ring: I ordered the set in February, charged in May, charged in July, refunded in October (through my bank, AU has never done anything for me, despite numerous attempts), Cancelled in Ocotber when I figured that the set wouldn't be shipping for awhile and frankly I need the money more than the set at this point (God Bless the New Economy!). Should have known that AU wouldn't give me money back, but I thought hey I'll call my bank, it'll get sorted. My bank refuses to help me, Visa refuses to help me, I've filled out all the forms on here and set them to the relevant agencies. At this point I'm down to buggng AU (which has never worked for me, what's your trick?) and hoping they get around to giving me my money back someday. I haven't ordered the set from anywhere else because I just can't it afford it anymore (yes, 8 months ago I could, it wasn't a big deal. Things change). So there is my pity post! I think you're awesome for giving it away, even if you give it to someone else!

Jon

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 30th 2002, 2:38 pm

WOW there are some fantastic people out there!
i'm still waiting but am by no means the most eligible for your kind gesture i just wanted to say how great you are!!

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 30th 2002, 8:27 pm

If you won't 'give' it to the person who actually posted for it, then sell it to the highest bidder on eBay.

If it was going to be a popularity contest from the get go, then why even start the thread to begin with?

db

Jewel
Tino

Post by Jewel » Nov 30th 2002, 10:37 pm

What do you mean 'give' it to the person who actually posted for it? I'm not trying to create a popularity contest; I wanted to see if there was even any interest in it to begin with considering it's a 4-19 set. Since there's apparently interest in it from legitimate people who frequent the forum and who have been screwed by AU, then maybe I'll put it to rest until Friday. By then I'll know my new email address and this thread won't have to be replied to at all.

Merry Christmas to you too.

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Dec 2nd 2002, 2:31 am

Well if this is where I'm supposed to plead my case..heh...

I signed the petition a loooong time ago, pre-ordered in february, i've been double-charged with no refund, and I still haven't received my set :[
In fact, my set was originally shipped to me, but right before it got to my city, AU apparently cancelled the shipment for some reason, so UPS turned around and sent it back to california. For this reason, I have no reason to believe that it will arrive with the second wave. I have been completely unable to get into contact with AU and as far as i know they're going to steal $200 from me and never send me the box set :[. Also, I'm a poor college student, and when they processed the double-charge I didn't have enough in my bank account, so I had to pay the bank an extra $29 :roll:
Once upon a time there lived a girl. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up.

cartman
Frozen Embryo

Post by cartman » Dec 2nd 2002, 6:59 pm

Wow. What a wonderful "welcome to the forum". I've been lurking here for almost a year, and passing on the info over at http://www.dvdtalk.com (my screen name is the same over there). Sheesh. Could you get any more insluting, zero?