Another Place to Complain/Vent.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Another Place to Complain/Vent.

Post by andrewgd » Nov 28th 2002, 11:00 pm

I'm really not sure if the site will do anything, but it is another place to add your story. I started it yesterday, hopefully we can get everyone else to complain there as well. Maybe AU can make their top 10 worst list!

http://www.thecomplaintstation.com/cgi- ... s.cgi?1850

If that link doesn't work, go to http://www.thecomplaintstation.com/ and search through their A category.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 28th 2002, 11:10 pm

Done. Good idea.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 28th 2002, 11:52 pm

Just a note: If you enter your email, it will show up on the complaint. But you don't have to enter your email.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 29th 2002, 10:45 pm

hey guys, why were we so stoopid, fail to do our homework before ordering, and get stuck in this mess?? :'(

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 29th 2002, 11:10 pm

crimsonglowgurl wrote:hey guys, why were we so stoopid, fail to do our homework before ordering, and get stuck in this mess?? :'(
I've been wondering that myself - I think preMSCL RossR had a bit of a rep as being not altogether trustworthy but nothing on this scale. That's why the complaint page and the petition are so necessary. We may have suffered but at least if we are vocal about it others may be forewarned enough to not make the same mistake in the future.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 30th 2002, 1:27 am

I, for one, had ordered quite a few times in the past from AnotherUniverse. But, of course, this was over a year ago, and RR hadn't gotten his hands on the company yet. I didn't realize that things had changed, and didn't really have any reason to even think they had.

So, based on my previous orders (and I had ordered over 5 times with them, for comics/statues/toys) and some of my friends previous orders, I figured it was a legit company.

But now, seeing that they had gotten twice the money they should have from the set, and still failed to pay manufacturers, its very clear that they are a dying company and there is serious fraud going on.

BTW, since they had all this money, why weren't the lunchboxes done for the Sept. 17th date that AU was told by BMG? You'd think that they'd already be done, if AU wasn't up to some pretty shady stuff...

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 30th 2002, 1:32 am

Hey guys, only about 140 more posts/complaints to the site, and AnotherUniverse will make their top 50!

Everyone tell your story!

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 30th 2002, 10:23 pm

Count mine in.

How can you tell the ranking?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 30th 2002, 10:51 pm

Thanks for all the posts!

There is a top 50 stations page here:

http://www.thecomplaintstation.com/top50stations.html

The lowest one at the moment on the top 50 is the Michigan Bulb Company (who?) with 136 posts.

AnotherUniverse now has 7. So we've only got 129 more to go! As long as there aren't any more unsatisfied Michigan Bulb Company customers.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 5th 2002, 3:28 pm

Just add a line or two about how AU has treated you...

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Dec 5th 2002, 4:39 pm

Getting a fair number of reads. And--so far--no spamming, as happened on the PetitionOnline thing. (Probably because they know that spamming that thread would only further the company up the rankings. :) )

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Dec 5th 2002, 5:39 pm

I left a brief message about AU on the site.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 5th 2002, 7:21 pm

I reported what happened to me at the site. I can't believe some of the stupid things people posted about McDonald's though.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 5th 2002, 9:04 pm

Did people post about how it made them fat so they can now sue them? <sigh>
candygirl wrote:I reported what happened to me at the site. I can't believe some of the stupid things people posted about McDonald's though.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 5th 2002, 9:33 pm

Yes, among other things, including personal attacks on specific employees. I mean come ON there are how many people who work at McDonald's? And you want to bitch about this ONE? Seriously.

There was another complaint about the napkins being "balled up" in the bag. That led to a bunch of people telling the napkin complainer to go search function himself. No, not really! :wink: But sheesh.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?