All sets shipping this week - apparently

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

All sets shipping this week - apparently

Post by Pedro » Nov 28th 2002, 6:31 am

After weeks of being told that my order was shipping - for definite - and not actually receiving anything, I decided to get proactive rather than just crossing my fingers and hoping. I have had my UPS tracking number for over a week, and it hasn't even been collected from AU yet, so I rang UPS the other day and the rep suggested that this could be a classic case of internet fraud. On Monday I called AU only to get a lousy voicemail message saying that all domestic orders had been shipped and all remaining international orders are going tomorrow (tuesday).

Needless to say, I don't trust Ross Rojeck or AU as far as I could throw them (and boy would I like to try!) so I left a message explaining that I wanted my order shipped that day if possible. I checked my email that night, and nothing. I called AU again ther next day, and another updated voicemail greeted me saying that all remaining international orders will be shipping on Wednesday. I waited - no email or shipping notification. Nothing.

So I call them yet again on Wednesday (bare in mind that these are international calls at international rates) and this time their voicemail has changed again to say that all remaining internation orders are going out 'sometime this week'

I am furious. I ordered my set way back in early March and i'm one of the last one's to ship. I think its disgusting that international orders are being shunned and left at the back of the queue. The thing is though - will they actually ship this week? Or will it spill over into the next week and the week after? My set isn't going to ship now until DECEMBER and it should have originally have been shipped in JUNE!!!

Aagghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 28th 2002, 7:01 pm

ditto!

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 28th 2002, 7:10 pm

This kind of thing makes me increasingly happy I ditched AU (whom I ordered from and paid for my set in February/March) and ordered from Amazon, which got me my discs before anyone else in my country had even seen a shipping notice from AU. Add to that the fact that I paid $85CAN less for the set than from AU, and it's even better.

I sure hope those who stuck with AU feel the extra money was worth it.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 30th 2002, 2:27 pm

mmm looks like i was deleted well this a mean smug post and we don't need it so don't be smug

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Nov 30th 2002, 4:25 pm

You go girl! lol

I can't believe they bothered to delete your email - it wasn't even rude.
Don't worry about it though, somebody on the MSCL team must have a thing against us brits cos I posted a message on here after being DEFRAUDED by Ross, and they deleted it and gave me a 'warning' - all because I called him a w**ker (and yes, I did delete certain letters like that)

Sad. Especially when people on here are swearing left, right and centre. Even Jason Rosenfeld backed me up. They should spend more time deleting the swear words than deleting our OPINIONS!

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Nov 30th 2002, 4:28 pm

P.S - I wonder how many minutes will it be before this thread is edited and locked?

I can almost feel the freedom of speech dying in the air...... :roll:

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 30th 2002, 6:40 pm

haha thanks
do u agree this post was a tad mean? seeing as you are in a similar position to me?
i don't think we need people gloating do we?
i say if you aren't dealing with the evil AU anymore and are lucky enough to have the discs then just go and watch them and let us get on with the business of feeling a little bit gutted!
ok i'm done now!

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 30th 2002, 6:49 pm

I was being smug? No, I was stating a fact. I have as much right to bitch about AU as anyone, having paid for their "limited" set back in March, and still not having my chargeback fully credited.

My comment stands, I DO hope that the extras, if you ever get them, are worth it for you. I mean that sincerely.

pandora
Tino

Post by pandora » Dec 1st 2002, 8:09 am

well i'm in the same postition as you so i've decided i'm writing to watchdog. it could be a long shoot but i just can't get through to AU. emails and phones calls don't work i've already thretned to do this and i've had enough i would advise you to do the same.

bye
Rickie: Where is Tino?
Rayanne: Haven't you ever waited for anything?
Rickie: Yeah, for my life to start.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Dec 1st 2002, 12:53 pm

"This kind of thing makes me increasingly happy"
this meaning the rest of us being unhappy that we are still waiting with no news
hmmm if thats not a wee bit mean then i don't know what is
go and watch your lovely dvds

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 1st 2002, 2:00 pm

There was no implication that I was happy you weren't getting your DVDs, just that I am happy I went somewhere else for mine (like anyone else here could have), otherwise I'd be waiting for them too.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 1st 2002, 11:16 pm

lol this is too funny.

New MSCL.com Rule: Don't post if you got your discs and are happy.

I can't believe people took that post as gloating lmao....

I think everyone here has to simmer down a bit.