in the uk with dvds from AU?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
wend74
Overlooked Sibling

in the uk with dvds from AU?

Post by wend74 » Nov 27th 2002, 4:41 pm

ok if you have received the discs from the evil AU and are in the UK
did you get a tracking number?
and did you see it change status at all on the UPS site?
i have had my number since friday and it still says
billing info received
and i'm starting to panic
cheers
Wendy x

Bliss
Frozen Embryo

Post by Bliss » Nov 28th 2002, 1:16 am

:( Exactly the same situation here, I'm afraid. Same UPS message. Never changes. Are the DVDs even in transit? Dunno.

And I'm bracing myself for the hefty tax I'll have to pay if they ever do turn up.

Hope one day (soon) I can just sit down and watch the whole show and finally banish this AU nightmare from my brain.

kez
Nicky Driscoll

Post by kez » Nov 28th 2002, 6:45 am

i've just got mine.

it'll cost you £28.37 to get them though! :(

rhdunn
Tino

Post by rhdunn » Nov 28th 2002, 7:09 am

My tracking number gives the same information. Clicking on the "detail" icon gives the information:
UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.
I was one of the people who ordered early, and should therefore be entitled to free shipping. What is going on? :? Does Jason know about what is happening here?

There was me thinking I would be getting my DVDs soon :( AU is in a mess with problems relating to overcharging, double-/tripple-billing, slow/non-existent refunding of money, delays in payment for the production of the DVDs/lunch-box casing among other things. :cry:
-rhd-

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Nov 28th 2002, 7:24 am

My UPS thread says exactly the same thing - I decided to call AU about it but the details of that are in my other post....entitled 'All sets shipping this week...apparently'

Naomi
Jody Barsh

Post by Naomi » Nov 28th 2002, 9:12 am

Apparently it is not shipping charges so we cannot claim our money back. From what I have heard AU decided to use UPS which ships faster than regular mail but is also into ripping off the customers. So as well as paying tax we have to pay a £10 brokage charge although amazon.com DVDs will only cost £12.15 to collect. Of course AU did not have the decency to ask if we wanted our order shipped through UPS.
I have learned one lesson from all this though. I have decided to never order on line or from abroad again. And I have assured my mum that I have learnt my lessons and will not order off the internet again. God knows how she's going to react when the bonus disk arrives. I haven't had the guts to tell her about that yet. They can keep the lunchbox though and shove it right up their f***ing arses for all I care. It was supposed to be free and I am not paying to collect it sperately but I will bloody well be collecting my bonus DVD.

rhdunn wrote:My tracking number gives the same information. Clicking on the "detail" icon gives the information:
UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.
I was one of the people who ordered early, and should therefore be entitled to free shipping. What is going on? :? Does Jason know about what is happening here?

There was me thinking I would be getting my DVDs soon :( AU is in a mess with problems relating to overcharging, double-/tripple-billing, slow/non-existent refunding of money, delays in payment for the production of the DVDs/lunch-box casing among other things. :cry:

eloise
Tino

Post by eloise » Nov 28th 2002, 3:05 pm

[quote="Naomi"]
I have learned one lesson from all this though. I have decided to never order on line or from abroad again. And I have assured my mum that I have learnt my lessons and will not order off the internet again.

I know this has not been a good experience, but dont let it put you off other companies. Ive ordered from amazon.com in the US, amazon.ca and CDWow (NZ I think) I they have all been superb. Customs and taxes are just a bit hit and miss. I must have bought hundreds of punds worth of CDs and books from abroad and always got away with not paying anything, so when you take that into account paying £28 now is just swings and roundabouts.

dont be sad, but I hope you can calm your mum down