please someone give me a phone number

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

please someone give me a phone number

Post by Tracy » Nov 27th 2002, 3:29 pm

Here is my story. I ordered back in February/March. I was double charged in August. (I got my money back from my credit card company, but the credit card company has yet to have it settled with AU.) I am abroad for the semester so I switched my shipping address to London, because the DVDs were supposed to ship in September or October. Now I am here for only another 3 weeks, and I am still waiting for the DVDs. I emailed Thomas last week about my order, asking when my set would ship because it may not get here in time, and he emailed me back saying they would all be out by Monday, it would be no problem.

I got my tracking number on Friday night. My information still says "Billing Information Received". Now I here that I will have to pay like $50 in customs, plus AU might still charge me shipping. I do not want the DVDs sent here. I want them sent to my address in New York. If my UPS info is correct, my DVDs aren't shipped out yet. So it is not too late for them to change the address.

I tried calling 888 5COMICS, and sat through the whole shpiel, got all ready to leave a message, only to hear that the mailbox is full. So I don't know what to do. I will email them, but I am afraid that won't be enough to get this changed.

So, if you have another number for AU that I could call, please email it to me ASAP at tracyf@bu.edu. Today is my birthday, and an AU phone number that is actually picked up by a person would be a nice gift!

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 27th 2002, 3:35 pm

Oh, and another thing...My set isn't being sent to my apartment, it is being sent to my school's program building, because that's where mail is supposed to be sent to here. So if they show up there and need $50 for the package, what is going to happen? I don't see why the people in the office would pay it for me and ask them to pay me back, and I don't know if UPS can deliver it without getting money. Argh. This is turning into one big pain in my ass.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 27th 2002, 3:42 pm

they don't seem to pick up the phones anymore.

one email that is sure to work is crackwhoreceo@fuckedcompany.com

Sounds like I am joking, but I am not.

Jason
Tracy wrote:Oh, and another thing...My set isn't being sent to my apartment, it is being sent to my school's program building, because that's where mail is supposed to be sent to here. So if they show up there and need $50 for the package, what is going to happen? I don't see why the people in the office would pay it for me and ask them to pay me back, and I don't know if UPS can deliver it without getting money. Argh. This is turning into one big pain in my ass.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 27th 2002, 3:49 pm

...and it escalates... :lol: :twisted:

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 27th 2002, 3:57 pm

You are joking about that email address, right?

UPDATE: I called the 888 number again after posting here, and suddenly there was room for a voice mail, so I left one. I also just emailed Thomas. But I have a feeling now they are just going to make sure to get my DVD set out of the warehouse before the end of the day so that they can claim it's too late and I have to pay all the international charges and give them money for international shipping. I would still like a phone number so that I can speak to someone, so my above plead still stands.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 27th 2002, 4:02 pm

No, I am not joking about that. Wish I was, because I sound like a nut saying it! :roll:
Tracy wrote:You are joking about that email address, right?

UPDATE: I called the 888 number again after posting here, and suddenly there was room for a voice mail, so I left one. I also just emailed Thomas. But I have a feeling now they are just going to make sure to get my DVD set out of the warehouse before the end of the day so that they can claim it's too late and I have to pay all the international charges and give them money for international shipping. I would still like a phone number so that I can speak to someone, so my above plead still stands.

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 27th 2002, 4:11 pm

No way! So who's email address is it?

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 27th 2002, 4:14 pm

Tracy wrote:No way! So who's email address is it?
Tracy,

Read here ( http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1742 ) and you'll see that the address is Mr. Rojek's own.

Your confidence levels should be soaring now.

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 29th 2002, 10:38 am

I wanted to post again in this thread to remind you that I am still looking for a phone number to call. AU hasn't returned my call from Wednesday, and hasn't responded to my email from the same day. My tracking info still says "Billing Information Received", so my DVDs are definetly still at AU, and I would like to do whatever I can to have them ship it to my home in the US instead of to London, where I am leaving on December 18th anyway, so that I don't have to pay $50 in taxes for something I could get at home in 2 weeks anyhow.

So if you have a phone number for AU or someone who works there that I can call to speak to a person (as opposed to leaving messages at 888 5COMICS), I really need it, and it would be great if you would email it to me (tracyf@bu.edu). Thanks!

medellia77
Nicky Driscoll

Have you tried this number?

Post by medellia77 » Nov 29th 2002, 2:48 pm

(916) 450-0707

The few times I called, I was always able to speak to someone. Hopefully you get through to someone soon!

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

success story!

Post by Tracy » Dec 10th 2002, 6:41 pm

I am writing a followup to my original post for anyone who may care, because I actually got AU to help me out, and I think my DVD rollercoaster ride is over! Well, the 888 5COMICS number never did me any good, nor did the number that medellia77 replied with. Thomas didn't respond to my email. Countess of Wit emailed telling me about her similar situation, and told me that she got an address change through UPS directly. So I called UPS, and they told me there was nothing they could do for me, because if my package wasn't yet in their hands they couldn't change its destination address, but even it it was, they can only change the address once it's already arrived in the UK, which would mean that to get it back to the US would require signed forms or something in order to send it back through customs, which would cost more money. So I had to deal directly with AU to get a change of shipping address.

I emailed Ross at his Comicshop email address, telling him the situation. He quickly responded telling me he'd get it fixed on Monday (I sent him the email on Saturday). Then after I didn't hear from him on Monday, I emailed him on Tuesday asking if he had fixed it, and he replied saying he had. I got an email from Ross and later one from Thomas/Customer Service saying that my shipping address had been successfully changed. I got a new UPS tracking number. My DVDs left Sacramento last Tuesday and were in Richmond, CA on Wednesday. They were not heard from again until they arrived in New Jersey yesterday. This morning they got to Queens, and are "out for delivery!"!!! So, hopefully, my DVDs will arrive at my house today, and I can watch them when I get home from London next week. AU fixed my shipping address last minute, saving me tons o money in customs and UPS fees. Now let's see them get those bonus DVDs together....

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Dec 10th 2002, 10:30 pm

Tracy! Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that you got it worked out! I was wondering what was happening but I was a little afraid to ask. :oops:

AU has screwed so many of us over... I was afraid your story might not have a happy ending... but it has, so I'm happy for you!

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 10th 2002, 11:41 pm

crackwhore@fuckedcompany.com?? :lol: :lol: You are KIDDING ME.

Oh man, this juts gets better and better....

BTW, glad you got it sorted Tracy :wink:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."