I hate UPS.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

I hate UPS.

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 24th 2002, 12:25 am

Hello.

Is anyone else getting a stupid error when you try to track your package from AU? I know it probably has nothing to do with them and it's just a dumb error that will last a few hours... but it is annoying. Anyway, here's what the message looks like. I will kill people if I don't get the set, even though I don't really think that something suddenly happened to it & it won't show up.

Unable to track shipment "1Z xxx xxx xx xxxx xxx x ".

We could not find information for this Tracking Number. Make sure the Tracking Number is correct and try again. (1401)
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 24th 2002, 12:30 am

Has your tracking number ever worked? If not, they may have given you a bogus one.

That said, UPS does suck. :)

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 24th 2002, 12:38 am

It did work since Thursday, it even supposedly shipped. I just checked back at UPS and now it's only saying Billing Information Received. I will still probably kill people, I thought I was almost done with this. Argh!

Georgia
Tino

Post by Georgia » Nov 24th 2002, 6:57 am

I'm getting the same error message fom ups, but as I only got the number on Friday, I never got the see it work. I'm gonns try calling ups in Sydney tomorrow to see what they have to say.

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Me Too!!!

Post by Benebula98 » Nov 24th 2002, 2:53 pm

Hey,
OK....this is off topic but still applies! I ordered something from UPS very very recently and they lost it....completely lost it, they have no idea where it is. They don't seem to care at all and after a week they still have no clue, but they are "investigating." So good luck dealing with them!
*BEN*

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 24th 2002, 3:26 pm

When UPS loses something it's usually supposed to be taken care of by the place you ordered something from. Same thing with any other shipping company. So it depends on who sent you the package/ whether it can be replaced with a new one.

I've never had a problem with UPS, but USPS I've had a few problems with a few months ago. One package from a friend was sent Priority and was re-routed and I didn't get it until 4 weeks later, they had to call to find out where it was and all they could say was that it was re-routed because their machines read the zip code wrong. The other time was a package coming from Amazon that never showed up. They sent me a replacement after waiting an extra 3 days to see if it would arrive, they sent it 2 day air through UPS that time, but I still haven't seen the package that was supposed to come from USPS and it's been months.

Also, did you know that USPS like auctions off lost packages that haven't been claimed. I think that's so screwed up.

Anyway, my tracking number is better now, it's showing as shipped again and in Richmond, CA since the 21st. It'll probably show more movement on the site by the morning, it's supposed to be here on the 27th.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: I hate UPS.

Post by Anakin » Nov 24th 2002, 9:47 pm

Jessica Popsicles wrote:Hello.

Is anyone else getting a stupid error when you try to track your package from AU? I know it probably has nothing to do with them and it's just a dumb error that will last a few hours... but it is annoying. Anyway, here's what the message looks like. I will kill people if I don't get the set, even though I don't really think that something suddenly happened to it & it won't show up.

Unable to track shipment "1Z xxx xxx xx xxxx xxx x ".

We could not find information for this Tracking Number. Make sure the Tracking Number is correct and try again. (1401)
My tracking number works, showed "Billing infomation received" but the address is incomplete... too bad.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!