I SPOKE WITH ROSS AGAIN TODAY

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

I SPOKE WITH ROSS AGAIN TODAY

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 23rd 2002, 8:37 pm

Despite their best efforts, a few of the DVDs were not ready in time when UPS picked them up.

Most of the DVDs were ready, but a small portions are still waiting for pick up Monday.

They did read the cancellations at some point or another and didn't ship to them.

However, they haven't processed cancellations yet.

In total, 3600 persons had ordened the DVD ( AU paid for 5000 units ).

around 700 cancelled, but not all have been reimbursed yet.

I have no news of when.

All I know is that all the DVDs are supposed to be out by Monday.

We will talk again next week about :

- Cancellations
- Double-Charges
- The Lunch Box
- The Bonus Disk
- The Certificate.

I know a few answers already ( I required them to continue talking to him ) but I promised not to say anything yet.

BTW, my disks are not shipped yet, so I didn't get any preferential treatment.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 23rd 2002, 11:40 pm

So, are we ever going to see the lunch box and bonus disk? :?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 24th 2002, 12:22 am

Martin, as usual, I thank you for what you are doing. I want to add what a customer emailed to me. It was a response from Ross about when the customer would receive a refund:

"I'm sorry your credit hasn't posted to your account yet. We have submitted quite a few refunds, but they only credit them as more funds become available in our merchant account. And as Jason encouraged more people to cancel, and those orders had been used to create and order the sets, they have had to wait while we processed new orders. "

So there you go. Apparently my "encouraging people to cancel" is why people are not getting refunds. NOTE: This should have nothing to do with refunds for double bills, as that money was never AU's to begin with.

Note #2: I told people to make their own decisions, and if they felt like cancelling they should cancel. I , unlike AU, like to think that most customers are intelligent enough to make their own decisions.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 24th 2002, 12:28 am

I find it hard to buy the bit about using the orders to pay for the sets, since the majority of orders were paid in March and the sets weren't paid for until October. This is not an acceptable excuse at any time, since it is the company's responsibility to credit cancellations regardless of what financial difficulty may arise as a result. AU has no one but itself to blame for the cancellations due to their piss poor record for customer service in this whole fiasco. They are not the victims, they are just creating stalling tactics.

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 24th 2002, 3:08 am

Simple, steal from Paul to pay Peter. Once orders for the Twilight zone set or the remaining MSCL sets come in AU will refund the most vocal of the cancellations.

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Nov 25th 2002, 1:02 am

martin, could you do me a favor, and next time you speak to ross ask him about orders that were cancelled while they were in transit and sent back to AU. I never cancelled with AU. My set was shipped, but before it got to my house it was turned around and shipped back to california. I think I'm the only one who's had this problem, ask him if he knows what that's about please?
Once upon a time there lived a girl. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: I SPOKE WITH ROSS AGAIN TODAY

Post by phelix » Nov 25th 2002, 1:35 am

MartinPierre wrote: In total, 3600 persons had ordened the DVD ( AU paid for 5000 units ).
around 700 cancelled, but not all have been reimbursed yet.
Ouch. Ross is sitting on 2100 sets that he'll probably never be able to sell. And he has to cough up $70,000 in refunds. That's got to hurt. I'd almost feel sorry for Ross if he wasn't such a bastard.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 25th 2002, 10:52 am

I thought AU paid for 4,000 units? Anyways, if they did buy 5,000 that would be $38/unit * 5,000 units = $190,000. So even if 700 people cancelled they should have still had the cash. I don't think the lunchboxes were that expensive and as far as I know they haven't paid for anything else except shipping.
MartinPierre wrote:
In total, 3600 persons had ordened the DVD ( AU paid for 5000 units ).

grizzle
Tino

Post by grizzle » Nov 25th 2002, 3:27 pm

Forgive me if this is all horribly wrong, I'm a lurker who finally needs to say something!!

I have not received a shipping number and am obviously quite upset about this as I have waited what seems like forever (since Feb or March).

I was also double charged :cry:

I am sooooo hopeful that I will receive these dvds (and finally my double charge back). This is a nightmare and I want it to end.

MartinPierre do you have any information on this?

I live in the UK and have sent emails to AU over the last few weeks and heard nothing back.

Thank you for any information. My email address is: gr1zzle@hotmail.com if you have any information for me and don't want to clog up the board.
Bear without dvds or tracking number *sobs*

misheebel
Tino

Post by misheebel » Nov 25th 2002, 7:25 pm

I was thrilled to receive my tracking # on Friday but my excitement has subsided since being informed by fellow Canadians that UPS fees are usually quite high. Didn't Ross once state that our orders would be mailed so as to avoid such charges? I'm excited about finally receiving my set but I wasn't prepared to have to fork out what some people have said could be as much as $50 CAD!!!

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 26th 2002, 2:01 pm

MartinPierre wrote:I know a few answers already ( I required them to continue talking to him ) but I promised not to say anything yet.
what about now? :wink:
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

brainysmurf
Liberty High Student

Post by brainysmurf » Nov 26th 2002, 2:05 pm

mephisto wrote:
MartinPierre wrote:I know a few answers already ( I required them to continue talking to him ) but I promised not to say anything yet.
With all respect MartinPierre, you're not turning into Ross are you? It just seems all to familiar to read vague information with promises of more to come that never comes to fruition...

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 26th 2002, 3:20 pm

Come on MartinPierre, spill the beans, are you a Ross-in-training? A mini-Ross? I'm just teasing... at least Ross is willing to talk to one of us.
brainysmurf wrote:
mephisto wrote:
With all respect MartinPierre, you're not turning into Ross are you? It just seems all to familiar to read vague information with promises of more to come that never comes to fruition...

Naomi
Jody Barsh

Post by Naomi » Nov 27th 2002, 5:08 pm

That's my problem right now after having paid almost £30 for my order and if I want to see the rest of it I will be expected to pay more as AU did not do me the courtesy of asking if I wished to wait until my order was complete before they shipped it. Does anyone have any confirmation that Ross stated that orders would be mailed to aovid UPSs charges?
misheebel wrote:I was thrilled to receive my tracking # on Friday but my excitement has subsided since being informed by fellow Canadians that UPS fees are usually quite high. Didn't Ross once state that our orders would be mailed so as to avoid such charges? I'm excited about finally receiving my set but I wasn't prepared to have to fork out what some people have said could be as much as $50 CAD!!!

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 27th 2002, 5:18 pm

The only word from Ross about international shipping is second hand through Martin Pierre. There is no way AU or anyone else can avoid you paying taxes on imports, but if the shipped via mail the way they said they would you wouldn't be paying a premium for brokerage like you have with UPS.

I feel sorry for anyone who kept their order with AU, as you are going to end up paying vastly more for your sets than necessary, and are getting crappy service to boot. Do you really think AU will help you out if any of your discs prove defective?