in the UK got tracking number

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
pandora
Tino

Post by pandora » Nov 26th 2002, 12:45 pm

Grizzle,

at least someone knows how i feel. i wasn't doubled charged but i also feel stupied and worried.
the last thing i heard was that the rest of the DVDs where to be shipped on the 25 of november (monday) so i have been waiting for a tracking number with no luck.

i don't know who to contact as none seems to be responding from AU.

hope we get ours soon

Pandora
Rickie: Where is Tino?
Rayanne: Haven't you ever waited for anything?
Rickie: Yeah, for my life to start.

giuditta
Tino

Post by giuditta » Nov 26th 2002, 1:03 pm

Just checked my tracking number there and my parcel is IN TRANSIT!! It's currently in Philadelphia... soooo I'm thinking... could I possibly have the set by the weekend?? :D

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 26th 2002, 6:21 pm

hmmm mine still only says billing info recieved grrrrrrrr

eloise
Tino

Post by eloise » Nov 26th 2002, 8:18 pm

my package has reached the UK:

23:25 DERBY, GB IMPORT SCAN
20:34 ARRIVAL SCAN
8:41 PHILADELPHIA, PA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

not sure how Derby fits in but maybe I'll get it tomorrow or Thursday!!

InAnotherUniverse.com
Tino

Post by InAnotherUniverse.com » Nov 26th 2002, 11:22 pm

Ok, AU contacted me via e-mail today (thomas@anotheruniverse.com>) and informed me that I CAN change my UPS shipping addres via the web site.... if anyone know's how to do this then let me know as I contacted UPS via phone (as in my last post) and they said I couldn't!

By the way it appears that Tom must be answering all Au's (or Ross's or both) mail...who is Tom :?

Also some good news (for me)...I may have got the wrong end of the stick thanks to UPS web site...My tracking has been updated to being in America (I forget where) even though at first it said essex, England (at tops about 10 miles from me). From what I can gather they automatically place the destination first if there is no other info so it appears that is where your DVD's are...instead mine is still journeying through America...at least it isn't just a coaster for Ross's coffee yet...

Also check out http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 74-21.html
if you haven't already...apparently Ross is a judge to that forum...but it does have some rather worrying news. :( Please post here with a responce if you have any more info...us europeans have to stick togther! :? :shock: :wink:

Starrox
Tino

Post by Starrox » Nov 27th 2002, 3:34 am

Well, I gotta admit that with two of the three packages to Germany I know of/mentioned here (MovieMac, elfin and mine) being back in the USA, I somehow suspected something like this! But how can something that isn't even there be released by customs? They can't do that in advance, that is without actually seeing what's in it, can they?

BTW, here's my latest tracking report - isn't it strange the package has been released by customs twice and wasn't moved since the weekend?

26 Nov . 2002
23:21 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS;RELEASED BY CUSTOMS. NOW IN-TRANSIT
22:46 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE;UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE
22:46 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS
25 Nov . 2002
1:07 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE
23 Nov . 2002
17:17 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS;RELEASED BY CUSTOMS. NOW IN-TRANSIT
3:05 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS
22 Nov . 2002
18:49 US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Last edited by Starrox on Nov 27th 2002, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tuesnightspecial
Tino

Post by Tuesnightspecial » Nov 27th 2002, 8:23 am

Someone in the UK on the DVD Forums just got their set from UPS and it came with a £28.37 customs charge! It just doesn't stop does it.

jchamier
Tino

Post by jchamier » Nov 27th 2002, 8:31 am

According to the UPS website they tried to deliver to me at 10am this morning. Of course I'm at work.

DOH!
Another UKer, started watching back late in 1994. Wow 10 years already... :-)

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Nov 27th 2002, 9:45 am

giuditta wrote:Just checked my tracking number there and my parcel is IN TRANSIT!! It's currently in Philadelphia... soooo I'm thinking... could I possibly have the set by the weekend?? :D
I have my tracking number but UPS have no DVDs to send so I'm still waiting. Glad to hear someone else in norn iron has got some progress. Hopefully mine will be following on soon... :?

palace
Tino

Post by palace » Nov 27th 2002, 9:55 am

jchamier wrote:According to the UPS website they tried to deliver to me at 10am this morning. Of course I'm at work.

DOH!
whereabouts are you?

jchamier
Tino

Post by jchamier » Nov 27th 2002, 2:26 pm

palace wrote:
jchamier wrote:According to the UPS website they tried to deliver to me at 10am this morning. Of course I'm at work.

DOH!
whereabouts are you?
Farnborough, Hants and work is being a pain this week so no homeworking. Time to call UPS...
Another UKer, started watching back late in 1994. Wow 10 years already... :-)

Endymion
Frozen Embryo

Post by Endymion » Nov 27th 2002, 2:55 pm

In the UK here too, and just received my DVDs this morning.

Seeing the package in the hands of the UPS guy gave me an overwhelming feeling of relief. Such relief was rudely shattered when I was presented with the 'duty and brokerage' charge of £28.37 that previous posters have mentioned.

Perhaps I'm overly naive about this, but I can't help feeling absolutely sickened by the size of this amount. Again, I feel cheated, let down and can't help feeling that we've all been taken for fools.

The idea that such charges will rear their heads again when the lunchbox (eventually) makes it's way to our doors simply chills my bood...

Naomi
Jody Barsh

Post by Naomi » Nov 27th 2002, 3:05 pm

Sorry if I come across as dumb but what exactly are duty and brokerage charges? My mum received the DVDs for me as I am away at uni at the moment. She just told me I had been charged shipping and I figured that was a mistake that the company would put right as I pre ordered to avoid paying shipping. Does this mean the money they charged was justified?
Endymion wrote:In the UK here too, and just received my DVDs this morning.

Seeing the package in the hands of the UPS guy gave me an overwhelming feeling of relief. Such relief was rudely shattered when I was presented with the 'duty and brokerage' charge of £28.37 that previous posters have mentioned.

Perhaps I'm overly naive about this, but I can't help feeling absolutely sickened by the size of this amount. Again, I feel cheated, let down and can't help feeling that we've all been taken for fools.

The idea that such charges will rear their heads again when the lunchbox (eventually) makes it's way to our doors simply chills my bood...

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 27th 2002, 4:38 pm

Yes, the money UPS charged is justified, but only because it shipped UPS. Brokerage is the cost of doing the importation paperwork at customs, however if they had just mailed the sets like they were supposed to, you wouldn't be paying the extra COD. brokerage and dispersment fees UPS charges. You would be responsible for taxes, and perhaps a small handling fee by your postal system.

Also, had you ordered elsewhere, your package's worth would have been smaller, and so would the taxes due as a result.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 27th 2002, 5:16 pm

so-called customer wrote:if they had just mailed the sets like they were supposed to, you wouldn't be paying the extra COD. brokerage and dispersment fees UPS charges.
I believe that AU shipped via UPS so that the packages could be tracked, which you can't do with regular mail.