in the UK got tracking number

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
eloise
Tino

Post by eloise » Nov 23rd 2002, 1:24 pm

I live in the UK and got my tracking number through today - was relieved that all my details were correct - :) gives me hope that it will be here soon

Starrox
Tino

Post by Starrox » Nov 23rd 2002, 2:46 pm

MovieMac wrote:Hi Starrox, we really need some more Germans here especially for infos about possible custom charges but it seems that there are no German customers who already received their set.
Yeah, would be good to have some kind of "Versuchskaninchen" :wink:
Besides that your status probably says "PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS" (mine does), which means the packages are in the hands of German customs and you never know how long that's gonna take. I know from experience that it CAN take loooong..
Well, in this case it does not! I just checked my status again and it now says:
17:17 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS;RELEASED BY CUSTOMS. NOW IN-TRANSIT
3:05 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS

Unbelievable, it looks like it took them only 14 hours to get it through customs! Good thing they're probably doing it on their own and the packages don't have to get through customs in Frankfurt like mail from abroad usually does - from what I've heard they've become pretty strict there over the past few weeks...
Assuming AU did declare the actual value ($99 or $115) we will have to pay customs of about 20EUR. :(
Yeah, that's what I was expecting, too! But I'm definitely not gonna pay a 15 € surcharge! After all, I wasn't asked if I want UPS to deliver my DVDs or if I prefer "normal" mail - ok, it's a lot faster than sending them by airmail, but way more expensive, too...

Just FYI: according to UPS, it would cost around 56$ to sent a package like this from Sacramento to me - wonder what AU has to pay! (How come I suddenly had to think about all the money AU isn't supposed to have but for one reason or another still has?)

pandora
Tino

Post by pandora » Nov 23rd 2002, 3:18 pm

hi,

well i'm glad everyones happy (not really i'm selfish and i want mine NOW).

I got really excited when reading these messages because finally people from the UK had recived tracking numbers so i rushed to check my dads mail to find.............. NOTHING.
I've haven't got a tracking number yet and i live in the UK. i'm getting more and more concerned about my order as it was placed on my fathers creditcard and is now asking continus questions about when it's arriving.
i just cant wait to hear anything from AU as i'm going out of my mind worrying and waiting.
sorry to rant but i needed to get it out of my system.

bye bye
:cry: :cry:
Rickie: Where is Tino?
Rayanne: Haven't you ever waited for anything?
Rickie: Yeah, for my life to start.

MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Post by MovieMac » Nov 23rd 2002, 5:35 pm

Starrox wrote: Yeah, would be good to have some kind of "Versuchskaninchen" :wink:
Well, it seems like we are those "Versuchskaninchen". 8)
Starrox wrote: 17:17 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS;RELEASED BY CUSTOMS. NOW IN-TRANSIT
3:05 KOELN (COLOGNE), DE PACKAGE IN CLEARANCE PROCESS

Damn, your package is 10 minutes faster. :wink: Mine was released by customs 17:27 :D
Starrox wrote: Unbelievable, it looks like it took them only 14 hours to get it through customs! Good thing they're probably doing it on their own and the packages don't have to get through customs in Frankfurt like mail from abroad usually does - from what I've heard they've become pretty strict there over the past few weeks...

14 hours is pretty good, for weekends thats actually really fast, but no record speed. I remember one package that only needed 30 minutes to get through customs (with DHL)
Starrox wrote: But I'm definitely not gonna pay a 15 € surcharge! After all, I wasn't asked if I want UPS to deliver my DVDs or if I prefer "normal" mail - ok, it's a lot faster than sending them by airmail, but way more expensive, too...

Just FYI: according to UPS, it would cost around 56$ to sent a package like this from Sacramento to me - wonder what AU has to pay! (How come I suddenly had to think about all the money AU isn't supposed to have but for one reason or another still has?)

For the 15EUR surcharge, I don't think we'll have any choice. You won't get your package if you don't pay the extra-charge, assuming they actually charge the extra. I never received a parcel by UPS. IF we'll have to pay the extra, we can only try to get it back from AU :? ... I probably don't need to go on with that story. :evil:

$56 probably isn't what AU is paying. Retailers do get MUCH better conditions. Remember they do ship hundreds if not thousands of parcels. My favorite region 1 dvd retailer dv-depot.com charges only $10 for one DHL shipment. Ok, that's probably the best express carrier-deal you'll find on the net, but I don't think AU is paying more than $15 per parcel.

emsef
Tino

Post by emsef » Nov 23rd 2002, 9:15 pm

Another UK lurker!

I got my tracking number too, but mine is the vague type:
Billing Information Received - UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details
We'll see how long the final straight is soon enough!
matt

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Nov 24th 2002, 11:53 pm

cm wrote:I just got my tracking number too but shows on the UPS site as 'Billing Information received' - from previous threads I take this to mean that UPS don't actually have my order yet.

They've got a very handy 'Transit Times' link at the bottom of the UPS pages in case anyone hasn't noticed it. Assuming they pick up the package today from AU, I should get it next Thursday.

The race is on between my Amazon & AU orders then.
I got the tracking number and from the UPS website, it showed "Billing Information Received" as well. By the way, I'd phoned UPS about the shipping, they said this means UPS haven't received the product(the DVDs) yet. So maybe our DVDs are still in AU's warehouse? :?:
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 25th 2002, 3:54 am

Hm, the status of my package suddenly changed from "Billing Information received" to "Exception". Don't ask me what that means...

but:

PACKAGE PROGRESS
Date Time Location Activity
25 Nov 2002 8:20 ARLESHEIM, CH UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE
22 Nov 2002 18:49 US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

obviously the package got to Switzerland in only 2 1/2 days. There is hope ;)

edit: just called UPS - the package should arrive during the day. If my calculation is correct, customs should be 15 US$. Hopefully UPS won't charge me for anything else
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Post by MovieMac » Nov 25th 2002, 6:56 am

mephisto, don't worry about that "Exception" thing mine's in that status since I got my tracking number. And UPS is actually really fast, at least across the ocean, it did take less than 24 hrs to get my parcel from Sacramento to Cologne/germany (22-23 Nov.), but if I don't get my set today I'll be mad 'cause Cologne ist just a few hundred kilometers away.

emsef
Tino

Post by emsef » Nov 25th 2002, 8:34 am

Still no change on my tracking details. "Billing info received".

matt

InAnotherUniverse.com
Tino

Post by InAnotherUniverse.com » Nov 25th 2002, 8:53 am

ok, now I'm real angry :evil:

My tracking conf e-mail contains the wrong address on it...even though I updated my record months ago using drygrass and AU...I even updated again about a week ago when I heard that everything was coming soon.

I phoned up UPS and they said that although I have a tracking number and the internet site says that the package is in Essex it is NOT IN THIS COUNTRY as they personally do not have the tracking number.

So I gave them the tracking number over the phone...and they told me to contact the sender!!!! :shock:

So at the moment my DVD's are SOMEWHERE, in transit (I assume) Not in essex, although the site says they are...i think they're still in the USA as a expensive alternative to a coaster for Ross's oversized coffee...not only that, but if they were in transit then they are going to the wrong place and there is nothing I can do to stop it :(

grizzle
Tino

Post by grizzle » Nov 25th 2002, 3:34 pm

Pandora,

I am in the UK and also have no sign of a tracking number :cry: I am most upset. Still atleast you're not alone - not that it helps either of us - grr!!

I have heard nothing form AU despite several emails. I am honestly gutted. I feel like an idiot.

To make things worse I am one of the double charged and have heard nothing about getting this money back.

I sincerely hope this is all sorted out by AU eventually and for the moment I remain in the minority.
Bear without dvds or tracking number *sobs*

jchamier
Tino

another in the uk with tracking number !

Post by jchamier » Nov 25th 2002, 5:49 pm

I've got a horrible feeling these tracking numbers we've been issued by UPS is because AU have given UPS our addresses and their billing info.

This means UPS are ready for AU to give them a package, but doesn't mean AU have the package ready for shipment...

/James
Another UKer, started watching back late in 1994. Wow 10 years already... :-)

MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Re: another in the uk with tracking number !

Post by MovieMac » Nov 25th 2002, 6:47 pm

jchamier wrote:I've got a horrible feeling these tracking numbers we've been issued by UPS is because AU have given UPS our addresses and their billing info.

This means UPS are ready for AU to give them a package, but doesn't mean AU have the package ready for shipment...

/James
I really hope this doesn't turn out to be true. After all, I do have a tracking number and it is tracking "something" and this "thing" is supposed to be in germany, maybe just a few kilometers away. But after “InAnotherUniverse.com“'s story, I'm not that sure anymore, the thing being tracked is my MSCL set. :evil:

We can only hope! :?

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Update

Post by mephisto » Nov 26th 2002, 6:29 am

mephisto wrote:obviously the package got to Switzerland in only 2 1/2 days. There is hope ;)
obviously the package is still in the US. I have no idea what already arrived in Switzerland (documentation?).

but there is good news:

26 Nov. 2002 2:08 LOUISVILLE, KY, US ARRIVAL SCAN
25 Nov. 2002 19:23 MATHER, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
18:08 MATHER, CA, US ORIGIN SCAN
8:20 ARLESHEIM, CH UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE
22 Nov. 2002 18:49 US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

and - as I just found out - UPS has an airport in Louisville
louisville.bizjournals.com wrote:Atlanta-based United Parcel Service Inc. (NYSE: UPS) has renamed its Louisville air hub to Worldport. [...] The $1.1 billion, 275-million-square-foot facility, which became fully operational earlier this summer, serves as the company's main air hub.
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Post by MovieMac » Nov 26th 2002, 7:54 am

:evil: What the f***? :evil:

I just can't believe it. The tracking of my parcel has just been updated and guess what: From germany (its destination country) it just returned to the US (country of origin) again. :shock: :?
What is going on there? Is UPS an affeliate of AU by now?
I was so hoping my set was as close as never before and now it seems to be as far away as it ever has been. :cry:
I think I'll really need therapy when this whole AU-MSCL mess is over (in a few years?). :wink: